Jump to content

SG Boater

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About SG Boater

  • Birthday 08/14/1964

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Ste. Genevieve, MO
  • Interests

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. The speedo pickup is built into the outdrive on Gen 2 so having a separate one could indicate that it's not Gen 2, or they completely plugged it up. Check serial numbers.
  2. RV antifreeze is nontoxic so come spring you can just stick boat in water and start pumping the nontoxic TV antifreeze into the lake. Shouldn't do that with automotive. I use automotive but start in my driveway in spring. Antifreeze soaks into the gravel driveway.
  3. The reason the bimini anchors are on the windshield frame rather than in front of it is so that you can put in the "window" that zips to the bimini and snaps to the window frame. If you relocate the strap anchors to the fiberglass you wouldn't be able to use that window. It is nice to have when you get caught in a storm far from dock.
  4. Looked in the '98 brochure I had previously downloaded. Auto system was std on sport seating, optional on std seating on the ssi's of '98.
  5. I think my 1830 had 5. 2 furthest right were cockpit light and misc (extra, not hooked to anything).
  6. I believe it was an option. My 1st 2 boats didn't have the auto system (not Chaparrals). My 3rd, a Chap 1830 did have it. Current 210SSI doesn't have the auto system.
  7. Possibly to replace the longer rear support poles so that the bimini can be partially laid down for towing? I had a short set for towing on my old boat because the bimini wouldn't lay flat, rested against fiberglass.
  8. Believe it or not, siding cleaner worked awesome in my bilge. Mixed it in a garden sprayer with a telescoping wand, then rinses with hot water in the sprayer. Got it all clean with about a quart and since hot water dried immediately.
  9. That looks exactly like my oil drain hose.
  10. I was actually able to pull someone up barefoot from a deep water start with the 5.0.
  11. I have a 5.0 in a 210 SSI. It's about 400 lbs lighter than a 220 SSI so factor that in, but the 5.0 is plenty for my boat. I run a 20 pitch 4 blade SS prop and easily pulled 2 slalom skiers up on tournament skis. I don't even feel a wakeboarder back there when pulling them up. a slalom skier on a tournament ski is much harder to pull up. I actually watched and didn't break 3000 rpm last time I pulled a wakeboard up. That isn't because I was lugging it, just doesn't take much to get them up. In short if wakeboarding is your goal, I don't think it will be a problem. I too would have preferred a 5.7 but none could be found. However I haven't been disappointed.
  12. Yeah, I remember your boat being in their gallery. One of the boats I was looking at before I got the 210 I have had a tower (factory) which was very similar to yours and you gave me some info on it, height, ability to fold both forward and back. That's why I was thinking Dimension provided the factory towers. They do appear very similar, at least in pictures.
  13. New Dimension supplied the towers for those Chaparrals that came from the factory with that option, correct?
  14. Brick and Futzin, you've got the same rear setup as me so thanks for chiming in. I did some more searching and hard to find definitive answers, except if rear transom eyes are available, those are the best bet. Second most common is do not use ski eye. Actually googling led me to a Sea Ray forum asking this same question. One responder who cautioned against using the ski eye used as his justification a picture of a Chap Sunesta with the ski eye pulled out. It was simply a boat at the guys marine he saw, he couldn't say what he was actually pulling or how it happened. But then many say also not to use cleats. But if the need ever comes up and i go at basically idle speed, I would think either ski eye or cleats would work. Hopefully don't have to do it. In the circumstance that got me thinking a couple weeks ago, lake is big, 80 miles long, but not busy and it was very calm at the time. I was thinking I'd have to tow a mile or 2 but got lucky and his fuel pump got him in.
  • Create New...