• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About jackbronson

  1. I've considered moving the roller assemblies out, however I think that the hull is thinner and theoretically 'weaker' the further you get from the keel. If that is accurate, I don't want to create a different problem, say, cracked gelcoat on my hull. Really have to think about that one. I may move one, as TNBrett suggested. unfortunately, this annoying responsibility called my job is cutting into my trailer work...
  2. Thanks. I'm loving the old HD Panasonic handheld. You may be right on the trailer. It's a lot quieter now, less rattling. I'm going to take one more shot at adjustments.
  3. That's part of the problem. How to get more weight on one roller? Actually the one right behind it is worse you can't see it because of angle of camera.
  4. did another video today on the way to the boat ramp. so this is after moving winch post 3" forward and dropping bow roller about 3/4'' and using a strap from bow eye down to trailer. its a long video (but you can see how long it take me to get to the local ramp). the right hand turn where the boat unloads from the rollers is at 3:50.
  5. 6.2% after moving it forward. The 5-7% is right out of the LoadRite manual that came with the boat. I do still think the trailer feels tail heavy but my prior trailer may have had more tongue weight to start with. As for the bow roller I lowered it with the boat pulled back and eyeballed it and cranked the boat slowly up to the roller. It's lined up pretty good I think. It's not like it's so high that the boat is being pulled upwards at the bow. It comes up just a bit. The other thing is when doing the test drive I'm watching the bow in the rearview and it's not rising up off the roller with the road bumps.
  6. So I moved the winch post forward 3", which puts the rear inside rollers right at the transom, and dropped the bow roller about an inch. took it out for a ride with the video camera and although it is better, the forward rollers and the second outside rollers are still getting "unloaded" with the bigger bumps. honestly, I'm not so sure that it isn't a situation where the rear roller assembly and cross member is flexing, leading the front half of the boat to lift. I did go on the LoadRite website, use the configuration to spec a trailer, and the results were the same model I have. and yes, my specs are near the top of the range for this model trailer. there is a LoadRite dealer in this town, so I'm going to pay them a visit, and I may reach out to LoadRite directly, although I bet they'll just tell me to talk to a dealer. I am also going to pick up a strap for the bow eye to the frame. in any case, no long road trips planned and the season is winding down, so I'll have time to think this over while shoveling snow. thanks to all for the info and advice.
  7. I have the factory manual for the trailer, which indicates 5-7% tongue weight objective. Trailer weighed 4200 # at scale. Tongue on bathroom scale is 260 #. 6.2%. Perfect.
  8. Thinking I need to shop a welded steel triple axle with bunks for my 19' bow rider. Break Out Another Thousand...
  9. Thanks! actually, I had to do it with my "old school" handheld video camera which is palm sized and records to an SD card (the household GoPro owner/operator has gone off to college). mounted that to a handheld video camera thing my son bought for filming skateboarders or whatever, and duct taped it like mad to the trailer. looked funny for sure, but it was Sunday morning so quiet roads. and as old school as that video camera is, its still high def so the quality is awesome! i'll be rigging it up again after i make some adjustments. My first run at filming with my phone (sitting in the back seat with the tailgate up while the Admiral drove) only produced nauseating footage.
  10. Roady, this part: "Though it would be interesting to GoPro other guys trailers to see how things move, or don't move, on other types of trailer and boat combinations." I totally thought to myself that maybe boats must move some, although not to the extent mine did in the video which i am addressing, but how many people really know? you'd have to set up a video camera to truly know. regardless of the size of the trailer, unless you somehow manage to really strap it tight to the trailer (using multiple methods) a 3000+ boat that is sitting on top of rollers or bunks is going to move over bumps.
  11. Trailer is stamped 900 pounds. Tires are rated for 2500 pounds. to forum member brick: I am not buying a new trailer, so you can stop posting that on this thread. thank you.
  12. TNBrett, The boat is 2800 lbs. The trailer capacity is 3600 lbs. Yes it has brakes. i gotta know - on what basis do you make this assertion: "you are pushing the limits of that trailer"?
  13. For those who suggested winch post and bow roller adjustments, thanks very much. Those are the next logical step. I'll try those and report back on the results.
  14. This MDX is rated for 5000 pounds. Factory tow package complete with factory stickers indicating the capacity. Boat and trailer on the local truck scale came in at 4200 lbs. Factory sticker on trailer indicates 3600 lb. capacity.
  15. Our launch process requires both strap and chain be connected until the trailer is in the water. I think moving the winch post forward won't do it. I'm thinking the winch and bow stop need to drop down enough to let the boat sit on the forward rollers with more weight. This combined with moving the post maybe and inch might be required.