Oxidizers....oxidize. Unfortunately they are generally pretty great at removing slime amd mold. Calcium Hypochloride, Potassium Hypochlorite, Sodium Hypochlorite, hydrogen peroxide, peracid, dichlor...all commonly used oxidizers.
biggest error people make is using it too concentrated and or too long contact time. You only need enough to have free hypochlorous acid which gets quickly consumed by organics...also called “free chlorine”.
Dont use straight bleach ever....dilute it...a lot. If you can smell it, you likely have enough. What you are smelling is chloro-amine...make sure you can smell that and not straight bleach. It has a little different odor.
hypochlorite is very reactive and not stable. It will try to oxidize anything it touches until it is consumed.