Our Turn

Ice Out

13 posts in this topic

We're around the same time here in the Northeast, Upstate NY. Just got 5 inches snow yesterday, temporary set-back

:thsmilie_water_119-1:

This will be the longest 60 days! Can't stop thinking about it.

Hope to see you out and about this summer.

Jim

We are moving "Our Turn" from Wayzata Marine on Maxwell Bay to the Brown's Bay Marina (used to be Marine Max) this April. Where do you dock your boat? What is your favorite spot to drop the hook and relax? We use the shallow, sandy North side of Big Island quite a bit (if the young partiers aren't blasting music to loudly) or if we want solitude we motor out to Halsteds Bay and just float and swim.

Don

We are moving "Our Turn" from Wayzata Marine on Maxwell Bay to the Brown's Bay Marina (used to be Marine Max) this April. Where do you dock your boat? What is your favorite spot to drop the hook and relax? We use the shallow, sandy North side of Big Island quite a bit (if the young partiers aren't blasting music to loudly) or if we want solitude we motor out to Halsteds Bay and just float and swim.

Don

Don, we are at Wayzata Marine. We have been there for about 4 years. Before that we tried Rockvam and North Shore. We considered moving to Brown's Bay Marina but Wayzata Marine no longer leases the space and we like the folks at WM. We belong to the Minnetonka Power Squadron so we are out at Big Island alot. We also like to just cruise. We used to head to the beach in Maxwell when we had a smaller boat and did not belong to the Power Squadron, but it has gotten alot more trafic in the past few years.

Hopefully we will see you in a couple of months on the lake. We have a black 270 Sig. Still trying to agree on a name with the family.

Jim

Don, we are at Wayzata Marine. We have been there for about 4 years. Before that we tried Rockvam and North Shore. We considered moving to Brown's Bay Marina but Wayzata Marine no longer leases the space and we like the folks at WM. We belong to the Minnetonka Power Squadron so we are out at Big Island alot. We also like to just cruise. We used to head to the beach in Maxwell when we had a smaller boat and did not belong to the Power Squadron, but it has gotten alot more trafic in the past few years.

Hopefully we will see you in a couple of months on the lake. We have a black 270 Sig. Still trying to agree on a name with the family.

Jim

Was your slip on the outside West end of the first branch of the Wayzata Marine docks? If so, I was tied up right in front of you on the second branch.

Don

Was your slip on the outside West end of the first branch of the Wayzata Marine docks? If so, I was tied up right in front of you on the second branch.

Don

If I understand where youare refering to I do not think so. We had two different slips last year. The first one was (looking out towards maxwell bay) the first finger left of the main dock walkway about 1/2 way down on the lake side. That was when we had the 236 Sunesta. When we upgraded in July to the 270 Sig they moved us to an outside slip left of the main dock walkway about 4 slips down (sorry for the non technical discription). That was a very nice slip, but made for a much larger boat than ours and about $2K deer more per year. This year they are widing a bunch of slips on one of the fingers and we are going to try that.

Jim

Im ready for the ice to be gone!

We will be boating on Tonka this year. Currently looking for a slip. If anyone knows of one, this will be our first time using a slip.

:boating:

Im ready for the ice to be gone!

We will be boating on Tonka this year. Currently looking for a slip. If anyone knows of one, this will be our first time using a slip.

:boating:

Things get tight by this time of year because all the marinas insist on commitment, and money, by now. However, what used to be Minnetonka Marine on Brown's Bay got caught up in Genmar bankruptcy and North Shore Marina (from Maxwell Bay) bought it to expand and just erected their sign there. I would give them a call because most boaters found dockage elsewhere out of fear of this marina going under last Fall.

Don

Drove by the lake today and every once in awhile I could see water around the shoreline. And I don't mean at the marinas where they have open water. Just a little over a month until we will see open water and they will declare "Ice Out"

Jim

Drove by the lake today and every once in awhile I could see water around the shoreline. And I don't mean at the marinas where they have open water. Just a little over a month until we will see open water and they will declare "Ice Out"

Jim

Each week now is a little more torture waiting to see waves instead of flat ice! Le't all hope the thaw is ahead of schedule this year.

Don