covedog

2010 215 ssi cuddy

14 posts in this topic

Thanks for all the great Chap feedback along the way from you all - my boat search path found it's way to the fine folks at Seattle Watersports (tip from a Seattle boatie friend who went to the Seattle boat show and called me up and said "check out a new boat - the incentives right now are off the map!" So...I've got a 2010 215 ssi cuddy on the way in May - unbelievable price comp to a used boat. No pics yet but here's the specs:

Volvo 4.3L GXi MPI 225 hp SX with closed freshwater cooling, 5 yr warranty

Standard Graphic black

Convenience Package (plus handheld marine radio, and handheld gps)

Canvas

Cockpit Cover

Bucket seat in lieu of lounge

Galv anchor

Mahogany Steering wheel (just cause)

Carpet

FE system

Air comp

And...got a line on a sweet used Airberth to float and FW rinse the new toy at my dock! Until then, I have to suffer thru a few more months up here in the Great Alaska White North!

Pics after sea trial!

Cheers,

Covedog

Thanks for all the great Chap feedback along the way from you all - my boat search path found it's way to the fine folks at Seattle Watersports (tip from a Seattle boatie friend who went to the Seattle boat show and called me up and said "check out a new boat - the incentives right now are off the map!" So...I've got a 2010 215 ssi cuddy on the way in May - unbelievable price comp to a used boat. No pics yet but here's the specs:

Standard Graphic black

Canvas

Cockpit Cover

Galv anchor

Carpet

FE system

Air comp

And...got a line on a sweet used Airberth to float and FW rinse the new toy at my dock! Until then, I have to suffer thru a few more months up here in the Great Alaska White North!

Pics after sea trial!

Cheers,

Covedog

Congrats to you on your new ride! Sounds sweet. And now for your official welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum. We are glad you are here and believe that you will find answers to a lot of your questions. We also provide some humor, of course at no charge to you other than the initiation fee you paid to join this forum ;)

A few pointers for you to do (if you have not already done so) to help us help you:

1. Using My Controls, add into your signature your location (geographic area)

2. Using My Controls, add into your signature the type of boat you have and its mechanical systems, such as boat type, engine, drives, etc. This way you don't have to type it into to every post you put up. This will help us help you a lot! Without it, you may not get any answers.

3. Use the Search feature of the forum. There is a lot of good information on this forum that will answer many of your questions. We have a lot of experts here with a large amount of life experience.

4. Take a minute to review our Terms of Service. There is good information in there that you will want to know including that we cannot discuss pricing. But read some of our other posts on here to learn the work around for that. ;)

5. We like pictures a lot! So when you get a chance, post some pics of your ride. Read through this thread to learn more about how to do so.

6. Take some time to look through the Information Center (Chaparral Boats Owners Club > Chaparral Boats Forum > Info Center) located under Chaparral Boats Forum on the main page. From there you will find parts guides, brochures, manuals, specifications, canvas installation manuals, vinyl care information, square gauge setup, weather links, computer desktop backgrounds, etc. Lots of good stuff there for you and your Chaparral!

7. Come back early and often to post. We are a community of friendly and some of us are border-line psychotic. But we admit to it and that's the first step to recovery ;)

Again, welcome to the asylum/forum and we look forward to more from you. Don't be a stranger.

Congrats on the new addition. Glad we could help with your decision. Don't be a stranger and enjoy the ride :thl_speedboat:

One thing I forgot to mention before. Ask your dealer about installing a heater. I know they do a lot of ski boats there so it shouldn't be a problem. Our 215 has a dealer installed heater with 2 vents in cabin, one is a 4 foot pull out flex tube, comes in handy keeping the admiral warm & happy! :beer-7687-1:

One thing I forgot to mention before. Ask your dealer about installing a heater. I know they do a lot of ski boats there so it shouldn't be a problem. Our 215 has a dealer installed heater with 2 vents in cabin, one is a 4 foot pull out flex tube, comes in handy keeping the admiral warm & happy! :beer-7687-1:

Thanks for another good tip - will do!

Standard Graphic black

Canvas

Cockpit Cover

Galv anchor

Carpet

FE system

Air comp

Pics after sea trial!

Cheers,

Covedog

I am looking at a 2010 215 SSI Cuddy, would you mind sharing your purchase price? Can reply to: lhwretire@yahoo.com

Kris from Puyallup,

I'm Les from Ballard and I see you have a table by your aft bench. It looks real nice, where did you get it from?

Thanks, Les

Kris from Puyallup,

I'm Les from Ballard and I see you have a table by your aft bench. It looks real nice, where did you get it from?

Thanks, Les

Mine came with the boat. You could probably see if Seattle Water Sports could get you one from Chaparral or just look also at West Marine, I think that they have some similar ones. :boating: