Nautical Son

Aftermarket Wakeboard Towers

Hey guys,

getting close to boat season and the itch has started.

I have been wanting to upgrade the sound system in the boat since i got it last summer. I have always wished it came with a tower and some nice mounted speakers.

But since it didnt i now find myself thinking about the option of putting a tower with speakers on. Now, i could go the route with just putting some subs in that i already own, but the idea of a nice tower system has me thinking.

anyone know of good aftermarket, or OEM, wakeboard towers and about how many deer they are? With or without speakers?

I would like to see some pics of guys with them on their chappys too.

Thanks in advance.

PS - For any of you who where wondering...i did get a new tow vehicle...2006 Nissan Titan CC...will be perfect for the job.

-Mike

I wouldn't go anything but a Samson. They are great towers. A little more pricey than some but you get what you pay for. Everyone I know will say go with Samson.

Visit their site www.samsonsports.com

Very cool speakers and accessories. They don't rattle and jiggle like others do. I am putting the Switchblade on mine this spring.

Another vote for Samson. Mine came with the Edge tower and it is rock solid and folds down easily. It also looks factory and ties into the boat perfectly. They are more money but you do get what you pay for. No rattles or wobbling around. They also have a cool feature that I really like. At the top of the tower they mount a light that takes the place of the pole light that plugs into the rear of your boat.

pssst... hint... if you prefix your web addresses with http:// the forum automagically makes the links for you. Or you can highlight some text click the insert link icon (next to emoticons) and paste your link in.

So www.samsonsports.com becomes http://www.samsonsports.com or click HERE.

and... Holy cow at the number of pics of chap's on that site!

Don't know where you are located, but I got mine at New Dimension Towers in Maryville, TN. Matches what the original would have been. Looks great, strong, and folds down. Can get one with an integrated bimini, I think. They were able to alter my bimini frame so I could still use it under the tower (as well as my enclosure isinglass). Very happy with my tower experience. Another member (brick, 220 ssi too) got his there, too.

Did you say pics? Sorry to those who may be tired of looking at pics of my baby!

PICT0564.jpg

PICT0554.jpg

PICT0544.jpg

PICT0567.jpg

PICT0933.jpg

check out www.aerialwakeboarding.com

I went with this tower (Assualt Model) for mounting position (virtually identical placement as OEM..ie..factory support built in), strength and design. Had the dealer install although if handy could do yourself. Very custom look (similar to Mastercraft OEM style), solid mount (no shake or rattles) and fully use of factory bimini. Tons of rack, speaker, light and mirror options. Very happy so far......don't think the breakdown is as easy as some, but this also lends itself to a tighter, more rigid structure.

I'm sure many good options out there, just giving my personal opinion and experience. Check out my profile for boat pictures to see the look. They do have a new 2010 model coming out in March that is really cool, reverse "arch" design. No idea on pricing yet.

Good luck and believe you will love the tower pull if you've been used to low tow eye riding......!!

Sampson has that reverse arch... well to me it looks more like a normal arch for our boats. :)

I like it for some reason. Maybe it is just out of the drivers vision.

They do look like they carry less boards so that may be a trade off.

Thanks for the pics. That was exactly what i was looking for.

Sampson is nice and they have great pics of installs on chaps too. I like the reverse arch a lot but wow pricey for a simple tower.

I will try to make a decision before it is time to put in the water for the season. But looks like any tower with a system will be a lot of deer.

Roswell Towers are nice too....

Heres one on our Maxum...

nosopi.jpg

since this photo was taken...we added Black Bazooka Tower Speakers as well.... they rock !

Yeah the tower speakers are way out there on price. They literally have you by the tower! LOL

Roswell site HERE

Although the site is not that great.

Yeah i have a hard time justifying the tower system when i can add some subs that are sitting in my garage for about 300 bux...but i like the sound they give over the water for when you are in the water.

oh well i will have see if i really want to spend that much.

I did search google quite a bit...but that is the benefit of using a forum to get advice from actual people like you and see some specific photos.

thanks for the help guys...ugh now if it would just warm up long enough to get the boat out of storage for a while

Hey guys,

getting close to boat season and the itch has started.

I have been wanting to upgrade the sound system in the boat since i got it last summer. I have always wished it came with a tower and some nice mounted speakers.

But since it didnt i now find myself thinking about the option of putting a tower with speakers on. Now, i could go the route with just putting some subs in that i already own, but the idea of a nice tower system has me thinking.

anyone know of good aftermarket, or OEM, wakeboard towers and about how many deer they are? With or without speakers?

I would like to see some pics of guys with them on their chappys too.

Thanks in advance.

PS - For any of you who where wondering...i did get a new tow vehicle...2006 Nissan Titan CC...will be perfect for the job.

-Mike

Millenium Marine. Jodie. 281-291-9892 millenniummarine.com. They do a great job. They are great towers and will save you some deer over the oem. Tell her Gary from Texas Marine sent you. Good Luck.

For what it is worth my old boat had an Air Boom tower on it (the Aireal 3-D I believe) and while it worked OK I would not recommend it. Very wobbly and noisy as well, at least on that boat.

Here's another vote for New Dimension Towers with integrated bimini. I have five summers of use on mine, no problems. I beefed up the stereo with 3 amps, sub and bazooka tower speakers. It is great when you are on the end of the rope, and when you are on the hook and swimming off the back of the boat. It was worth the deer.

brick

Av8rrob, we are evaluating a Samson Blade vs. a Roswell CAM RT for our '08 Sunesta 244 (pic w/ current bimini is attached).  The difference in price is ~$1,500 more for the Samson. Can you kindly advise if you installed the Blade yourself or if you had a distributor install it?  Thanks for any help, we want to get this right.

boat_pic2.jpg