cj-orca

1st time out for the season

Here we are on Pitt River/Lake for the 1st run of the season and the maiden trip out on the new Chap !!!

24ooql1.jpg

1230etw.jpg

28k7n8j.jpg

6elvo3.jpg

It was windy & rainy.... but AWESOME to finally get her out....Any one else in the Lower Mainland / Vancouver Island ventured out yet????

Congrats! She looks beautiful! Don't forget to stow the fenders while out...

Finally someone in Western Canada that i could say to my wife see look he loves boating more then i do if thats possible

Hellooooooo me too... me WOMAN - and out in this crap !!!!! :beer-7687-1:

and YES.... we do stow the fenders when underway.... I was coming ON to the dock when my husband took the photos :)

It was windy & rainy.... but AWESOME to finally get her out....Any one else in the Lower Mainland / Vancouver Island ventured out yet????

Little to eary for us just yet....Not till end of next month before we venture out. I imagine though that you have heat with you. Our 190 ssi is just a little too open.

Hellooooooo me too... me WOMAN - and out in this crap !!!!! :beer-7687-1:

and YES.... we do stow the fenders when underway.... I was coming ON to the dock when my husband took the photos :)

Be sure and tip your deck hand for all the good work he does to include snapping photos. Don't let him at the wheel though, it will go to his head.

:beer-7687-1:

Be sure and tip your deck hand for all the good work he does to include snapping photos. Don't let him at the wheel though, it will go to his head.

Absolutly.... he gets TIPPED.... ;) .... ahem... :rolleyes:

and gets behind the wheel as well... we have a great and fast launching / loading repatoir which has him behind the wheel of his beloved truck... so... that puts me at the helm.... ( I'll admit... the man can put that boat anywhere with the truck... truly impressive his trailering skills are :notworthy: - mine.... not so much) :wub:

9stsh4.jpg

CJ/Ref, was this before or after you turned the boat loose inside the marina (re: funny stories)...I'm still laughing at that one... :thl_speedboat::thmadslap-1:

CJ/Ref, was this before or after you turned the boat loose inside the marina (re: funny stories)...I'm still laughing at that one... :thl_speedboat::thmadslap-1:

The boat loose in the marina happened before we met ... which amazingly enough on March 13th, will have been 11 years ago when we met for the first time!

The boat loose in the marina happened before we met ... which amazingly enough on March 13th, will have been 11 years ago when we met for the first time!

Well, you made some tipping points with that one... :thl_speedboat:

Randy, on 09 March 2010 - 11:05 AM, said:

CJ/Ref, was this before or after you turned the boat loose inside the marina (re: funny stories)...I'm still laughing at that one...

Ya.... most people love that one....

very embarassing for me.... LESSON LEARNED on that one...

Looks better in the water than it did on the trailer! May not of been the perfect day, but better boating than we have had around here this winter. Many more days of boating to come.

Looks better in the water than it did on the trailer! May not of been the perfect day, but better boating than we have had around here this winter. Many more days of boating to come.

Absolutly !!!... the weather here has been nice and sunny (with some showers inbetween)....Ironically... all the good weather has been while I've been stuck indoors manning trade show booths !!!!

A day out on the boat in crappy weather is better that not on the boat in any weather... :beer-7687-1:

:beer-7687-1::beer-7687-1: Agree CJ!! I'm looking at low 80's all weekend!!! few hours of fishing and whole lot of boating...(may even start Fri).. :beer-7687-1:

:beer-7687-1::beer-7687-1: Agree CJ!! I'm looking at low 80's all weekend!!! few hours of fishing and whole lot of boating...(may even start Fri).. :beer-7687-1:

Randy... thats awesome... enjoy.... its suppose to clear up here for the weekend.... so well be out too... drop us some pics :beer-7687-1:

That is a fantastic looking 270, my wife and I are looking at buying the same boat. A couple of quick questions for you. Where did you buy the boat? We are located in the interior of BC and we want to talk to a couple of Chap dealers before jumping in. Also I see your 270 is on a triple axle trailer, what is the capacity of the trailer you have? The dealer we have spoken to is trying to tell us the trailer that the 270 we are currently looking at is adequate yet it is only a double axle with a capacity of 8500 lbs! Given that it’s dry weight is 7500 lbs without all of the options it seems to be woefully inadequate. Any advice and assistance would be appreciated as we are looking at a Sea Ray given what we have been told by the dealer.

That is a fantastic looking 270, my wife and I are looking at buying the same boat. A couple of quick questions for you. Where did you buy the boat? We are located in the interior of BC and we want to talk to a couple of Chap dealers before jumping in. Also I see your 270 is on a triple axle trailer, what is the capacity of the trailer you have? The dealer we have spoken to is trying to tell us the trailer that the 270 we are currently looking at is adequate yet it is only a double axle with a capacity of 8500 lbs! Given that it’s dry weight is 7500 lbs without all of the options it seems to be woefully inadequate. Any advice and assistance would be appreciated as we are looking at a Sea Ray given what we have been told by the dealer.

Lakeview,

Thanks....The Chap Sig 270 is Awesome especially with the sun-lounger seating....

We bought this boat out of Chicago... found it on www.yachtworld.com

We we're originally looking at a brand new 2008 270 that Tru North in Kelowna had on their lot...gorgeous boat - loaded,... but then found this one (loaded & then some) for HALF the price and it only had 180hrs on it.

I suppose the Tandem axel would be "adequate" but with our boat LOADED she's prob pushing 8500-9000 - so I would STRONGLY recommend the tri-axel - rated for up to 12,000 lbs I believe.

We had looked at the SeaRays as well but for the huge $$ they command... we found the Chaps to have a better look, fit / finish and layout for our tastes....plus the huge molded swim grid (where we will mount our Tender)... that most SeaRays don't have...

let me know if you have any other questions - Good Luck - :beer-7687-1:

1st day of spring... and was it ever gorgeous out on Pitt Lake today....anyone else in the southern part of BC make it out today ??

34slcwn.jpg

ngsxmw.jpg

it was a balmy 19 degrees Celcius...March 20th.... gotta love it !!!!

Here we are on Pitt River/Lake for the 1st run of the season and the maiden trip out on the new Chap !!!

24ooql1.jpg

1230etw.jpg

28k7n8j.jpg

6elvo3.jpg

Boy that is one pretty Sig! Black on white is hard to beat. Wishing I was out on Puget Sound but new 215 ssi not built until 5/10. Maybe we'll see you up in the San Juans this summer!

Boy that is one pretty Sig! Black on white is hard to beat. Wishing I was out on Puget Sound but new 215 ssi not built until 5/10. Maybe we'll see you up in the San Juans this summer!

You will DEFINATELY see us in the San Juans....

with the New Golden Ears Bridge (we live in Maple Ridge) we can get to Blaine within 25 min... (depending on the lineups at the border) and launch her there... I'd rather travel 26km by truck than 68km by boat...(if we launch from 2nd Narrows area of Vancouver)....

let us know when your heading out... ;)

Maybe we'll see you up in the San Juans this summer!

Any tips...suggestions...secret coves..."must see" areas...that we should put on our "List of places to visit with our boat in Summer 2010" that you can recommend?

Any tips...suggestions...secret coves..."must see" areas...that we should put on our "List of places to visit with our boat in Summer 2010" that you can recommend?

I've always liked Poets Cove on South Pender....since they built it up with the new resort it's great to drop in for lunch. It's been a while since I've been there as we came down in boat size 30ft to 19ft and we don't go out in the salt with the bowrider. Friday Harbour is also a great treat good for an overnight!!!

I've always liked Poets Cove on South Pender....since they built it up with the new resort it's great to drop in for lunch. It's been a while since I've been there as we came down in boat size 30ft to 19ft and we don't go out in the salt with the bowrider. Friday Harbour is also a great treat good for an overnight!!!

we have been to Poets several times... our best friends run the Marina....

Looking to explore the US Gulf Islands alot :)