dib52

Any NASCAR fans out there?

First let me say that I'm an avid NASCAR fan and I love to go to the track and watch from TV. Just was wondering if anyone saw what transpired at Atlanta at the end of the race with Carl Edwards? I'm all for someone settling a score on the track, heck I was a huge Dale Earnhardt fan, still am(RIP Sr.), but that was a complete brain fart by Edwards. What he did to Keselowski was just plain wrong. Had they been fight for position on the lead lap then well maybe. But come on, Carl was some 100 plus laps down and Brad was on the lead lap fighting for a top 5. To intentionally wreck him at close to 200 mph was completely uncalled for. And to put spectators in harms way when the car got airborne, extremely stupid. I'm glad they parked him for the remainder of the race and hope they impose some kind of penalty. Settle your score at somewhere like Bristol, Martinsville or a road course where speeds are down, not at the fastest track on the circuit. Just wondering what y'all think. I'm still a Carl supporter but I lost a lot of respect for him yesterday.

Keselowski wreck

Huge NASCAR fan here - what Edwards did was entirely uncalled for. I don't know if you noticed, but Carl went after Brad on the lap before as well. They should have warned him then. His remark "never thought he'd wreck in the fence" or whatever should be grounds enough for a stout fine if not more. Can you imagine if Brad was seriously hurt or worse? What about the fans in the stands? Could you imagine if a piece of debris got into the stands and injured someone? I can't believe he had the cajones to say that on national TV. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they parked him for good.

The incident between the two that took place in the early laps was entirely Edwards' fault as well. I've never cared for the guy, always thought he was a whiny little fart and this cements it. Jack Roush should be ashamed to have that a$$hole on his payroll. +1 on Dale Sr. The sport was never the same after that tragedy.

Saw the previous lap as well and totally agree. Same with the incident earlier in the race. Jack let Kurt go for hotrodding around in Phoenix a couple years back with two races remaining in the season. I'm thinking Roush needs to re-evaluate the career of Cousin Carl for the remainder of the year. It is what it is, on to Bristol!

Love Bristol! See you there?

Unfortunately, no. It's on the bucket list. I'll watch from my couch!

Personally, they should suspend Edwards for the season.....doing something like that @ 200mph is unbelievably dangerous, to drivers and fans alike. To me, there is no justification for that type of behavior, total disrgard for human life. I think they should let him "think" about his decision from the sidelines for the rest of the year.

Big fan of NASCAR. Carl was wrong and I am sure that NASCAR is going to give him some kind of punishment. It was his fault that Brad crashed, but it was NASCAR's fault that the car went airborn. They need to change the rear spolier on the car to help prevent the cars from doing that when they get turned around at high speed. You have a big wing on the car providing down force when the car is going forward, but turn it around and now you have lift.

any of you race via your pc?

..but to the topic.. I think there should be huge fines for the driver for doing that and loss of all their points for the season.

good idea mpm. Would be fairly easy to do. Let it hinge at the top, then if backwards it will float up on its own and not pull the rear end up with it.

Although at @200 just the air running under the rear frame will be a problem too. Heck air planes take off at less speed. ;)

Great point on the wing, mpm. I think NASCAR just figured this out a little too late. I understand the wing is being changed back to the spoiler this season?

I think you'll see NASCAR make the change to the spoiler a lot sooner now. They keep saying it's coming shortly, but with the events of this weekend, I wouldn't be surprised if it's in place for Bristol. They're entering an "off" week anyway, good time for a change. That stupid wing is just plain UGLY and dangerous!

I think Edwards should be suspended and fined ( this isn't the first time he's done this )

He was a really nice guy the last couple of years, but I think he is felling the pressure of not winning.

The wing has got to go!

Not a big fan just a fan till Baseball and boating season (Can't stand nba,nhl) IMO he should be fined how serverly is the 64,000 Question what a JERK.

I did watch the whole thing, 3 weeeks of short tracks then my baby gets ready for bottoms wet.. :thl_speedboat:

Oh ya I'm going to Disney World.....in 10 days.... :mandancing:

Yeah watched the race. Was carl wrong yes, he should have had dark gloves on. With dark gloves on he could have said it was a mistake and was really sorry but Brad would know not to miss with him anymore. Nascar loves people that do this. Case in point Dale Sr. out of his way or he would wreck you. Do something to him and he would wreck you. Carl did what Sr. would have done. He will be fined, points taken and probally set out some races.

Creates controversy, increases media, sells tickets, and increases viewership. Sounds like the days when Allison, Yarborough, Waltrip, and E. sr. raced. Got us talking about it. All publicity is good pub. Do sponsors love the pub? You bet. Since one of Carl's major sponsors is AFLAC, a secondary insurance carrier, I doubt they are worried about Atlanta.

However, I have trouble getting past the fact that a driver costs his team many, many more very large herds to make his point. I wouldn't be so cavalier if I had to pay the shop bills.

While I agree many deer were lost, to a team like Rousch, however he can loss a herd or two and still be many herds more than most owners.

I read an article a day before the race and the question posed was what is NASCAR doing to bring in more fans. Attendance and TV viewership has been down in the past few years, and Daytona was at an all time low. Some drivers (with the loudest being Gordon) were quoted as saying there needs to be more "Hatfield/McCoy" type feuds in the sport that will bring more folks in just so they can see the drama unfold. I am not saying this is what happened, but if it is, then NASCAR sure got a black eye.

Sure, there have always been feuds in the past (Heck, I remember famous '79 Yarborough/Allison fistfight like it was yesterday), but intentially making someone take flight on the track is something that should NEVER be tolorated.

A three race probation and no fine... come on NASCAR, I think you got it wrong. Let the retaliations begin. Should've parked his arse for three weeks!

A three race probation and no fine... come on NASCAR, I think you got it wrong. Let the retaliations begin. Should've parked his arse for three weeks!

NASCAR imho is sending the wrong message........It's gonna get Fugly.

IMHO, NASCAR has been going downhill for years. Thier idea for attracting more viewers....let the drivers go at each other and police themselves....yeah, that's a great idea for a bunch of egomaniacs.....

I used to be a big fan of NASCAR, but the COT based cars of today look like a riced out sedan, and I have VERY little interest in the series. To me, all the cars look the same, with very little to identify the manufacturer. The older cars that were actually based on a "stock" car body style more reflected what NASCAR was all about. A Ford lookled like a Ford, a Chevy looked like a Chevy, and a Dodge looked like a Dodge, and there was no way a non-American manufacturer would have a car running in the series.

Now, they are just look alike rolling billboards.....

IMHO, NASCAR has been going downhill for years. Thier idea for attracting more viewers....let the drivers go at each other and police themselves....yeah, that's a great idea for a bunch of egomaniacs.....

I used to be a big fan of NASCAR, but the COT based cars of today look like a riced out sedan, and I have VERY little interest in the series. To me, all the cars look the same, with very little to identify the manufacturer. The older cars that were actually based on a "stock" car body style more reflected what NASCAR was all about. A Ford lookled like a Ford, a Chevy looked like a Chevy, and a Dodge looked like a Dodge, and there was no way a non-American manufacturer would have a car running in the series.

Now, they are just look alike rolling billboards.....

My sentiments exactly. I too used to be HUGE fan. Never missed a race on T.V, and spent quite a bit of money going to races. NASCAR just started making up too many rules, and along with the COT, just basically killed the sport IMO. It certainly didn't help that the most loved and hated driver of the era was killed at Daytona. Hey, at least now there is talk about it again and maybe things will get better..............

Am I the only one who thinks Danica Patrick was allowed in NASCAR due to her looks rather than skills? NASCAR sure has been selling out a lot lately.

Am I the only one who thinks Danica Patrick was allowed in NASCAR due to her looks rather than skills? NASCAR sure has been selling out a lot lately.

Did you hear an interview that they did with her. She should keep her mouth shut and go back to open wheel. What an air head!

Did you hear an interview that they did with her. She should keep her mouth shut and go back to open wheel. What an air head!

And you think Dale Jr. is not an air head??? What a Dip Stick! Ever see his commercials trying to sell INsurance. Sounds like a realy hill-billy, not that there is anything wrong with that. Thanksfully he is no longer looked upon as the 2nd coming of his dad.

With short tracks coming up.........It's going to get real ugly

How about converting hockey rules

2 Min (laps) for Ruffing (Fenders, Quarter panels)

2 Min (laps) for Crosschecking (Causings a spinout)

2 Min (laps) For Interference (Speeding on pit road)

5 Min (laps) Game Misconduct (Flipping a Car)

:beer-7687-1: