m1ke

New Chaparral Dealer Lake of the Ozarks

I found out at the St. Louis boat show that Premier 54 Motorsports is now a Chaparral dealer at Lake of the Ozarks (www.premier54.com). They are having Advanced Marine handle any service needs. Anyone have any experience with either?

I found out at the St. Louis boat show that Premier 54 Motorsports is now a Chaparral dealer at Lake of the Ozarks (www.premier54.com). They are having Advanced Marine handle any service needs. Anyone have any experience with either?

I was just going to send out a note about the same topic. I found out at the St. Louis Boat show that my " Chaparral Dealer" was no longer in business and we now have a new Chaparral dealer at the Lake of the Ozarks.. It would have been nice to hear from our previous dealer or Chaparral about the change. I do not have any experience with Premier 54 Motorsports nor Advanced Marine. I had heard that Premier 54 is looking to purchase the Broken Arrow marina... and I saw several Chaparral's parked on the old Broken Arrow lot on Hwy 54... so many changes are coming.. if you hear any more about Premier 54 and Chaparral, I am very interested. I will do the same...

I heard the same story at the boat show in Overland Park in late January so I called I-44 Marine/Marine 44 after returning from the show. At the time they said they were still in business - selling & servicing boats although Chaparral does not list them as an authorized dealer. Need to understand what that means as our boat is still under warranty and need to know where we can go for service. Been a tough couple years for boat dealers and I hate to see them go as we had good experiences dealing with the folks at Marine 44. I haven't heard anything about Premier 54/Advance Marine so look forward to any info on them as well.

We spoke to one of the new owners at the St. Louis Boat show and he was really friendly. We are going to have Advanced Marine de-winterize the boat and look over everything in a couple of weeks. My understanding is that Advanced Marine only has a location on land but they are coming to our slip to do the work.

I'll let everyone know my experience with them.

We spoke to one of the new owners at the St. Louis Boat show and he was really friendly. We are going to have Advanced Marine de-winterize the boat and look over everything in a couple of weeks. My understanding is that Advanced Marine only has a location on land but they are coming to our slip to do the work.

I'll let everyone know my experience with them.

It looks like they service the North shore only... Let me know if they get to Camdenton area.. not sure if they will travel that far to service boat.

Good luck...I am anxious to hear how it goes...

I have some more info on this subject. Looks like there are two Chaparral dealers at LOTO from at least a service perspective - Premier 54 & I-44 Marine/Marina 44 (I didn't ask about new boat sales). I have (in writing) from both Chaparral and Mercury that I-44 Marine/Marina 44 are authorized to perform service/warranty work on my Chaparral boat. I spoke to I-44 Marine - they have closed their St. Louis store and are in the process of moving full-time to the Lake. I'm going to stick with I-44 Marine for my service work because they are close to me on the lake and I have had great experience with them so far. When I spoke to I-44 Marine, they were still planning on contacting their existing customers regarding setting up de-winterization and service work.

Hope this helps.

I have some more info on this subject. Looks like there are two Chaparral dealers at LOTO from at least a service perspective - Premier 54 & I-44 Marine/Marina 44 (I didn't ask about new boat sales). I have (in writing) from both Chaparral and Mercury that I-44 Marine/Marina 44 are authorized to perform service/warranty work on my Chaparral boat. I spoke to I-44 Marine - they have closed their St. Louis store and are in the process of moving full-time to the Lake. I'm going to stick with I-44 Marine for my service work because they are close to me on the lake and I have had great experience with them so far. When I spoke to I-44 Marine, they were still planning on contacting their existing customers regarding setting up de-winterization and service work.

Hope this helps.

That is great news. I agree I-44 Marine/ Marina 44 have been very good to me and have provide great service. I will stick with them since they are closer to me also. Thanks for the insight and update. I just called today to get my boat de-winterized April 9... Plan to head out on the water over that weekend. I sure hope the weather holds out..and no rain...

Life is Good when on the water....

That is great news. I agree I-44 Marine/ Marina 44 have been very good to me and have provide great service. I will stick with them since they are closer to me also. Thanks for the insight and update. I just called today to get my boat de-winterized April 9... Plan to head out on the water over that weekend. I sure hope the weather holds out..and no rain...

Life is Good - Glad to help. Wish I couold join you on the water in April, but looks like we are looking at early May before we can get to the Lake. It's been a long winter in Iowa and we are looking forward to the summer boating season.

We are shooting for April 17 - I can't wait to get back out on the boat!

It''s killing me to have to wait until May. Enjoy!

I had a repair at I-44 late last season. They did a great job. During this repair, I had to contact Chaparral and they worked directly with I-44 Marine in Eureka to take care of the service. Hate to see them

go since I live only 30min from them.

BC

I had a repair at I-44 late last season. They did a great job. During this repair, I had to contact Chaparral and they worked directly with I-44 Marine in Eureka to take care of the service. Hate to see them

go since I live only 30min from them.

BC

BC - Been a tough couple of years for Dealers everywhere. Sorry to hear about them closing in Eureka but glad to hear they are going to keep the LOTO location going. I was heading to the lake last summer on a Friday to pick up the boat from them for a weekend of boating. They found another issue - they ended up working until 10 PM on Friday and came in early Saturday morning so they could get me on the Lake by 10 AM.

Good luck with finding another reliable shop close to your place.

Have you spoken to the people at Marina 44? I am planning (hoping) to get the boat back in the water on the 17th of April also, and contacted Deb today and she said that the water is too low to put boats in right now. The lake is still drawn down for the winter and its too low for their fork lift. Might want to check.

Have you spoken to the people at Marina 44? I am planning (hoping) to get the boat back in the water on the 17th of April also, and contacted Deb today and she said that the water is too low to put boats in right now. The lake is still drawn down for the winter and its too low for their fork lift. Might want to check.

Did you speak to Deb at the Lake of the Ozarks location or the St Louis Shop ?

BC

BC

I emailed Deb. She emailed me back within minutes. I am not sure about the closure of the St. Louis store. Last time I went by there they had a boat in the showroom yet, and cars in the parking lot. I do know at some point probably a year ago, there was a for sale sign outside and she said they wanted to close the St. Louis store and move the whole operation to the lake. Not sure what the situation is right now.

Question, Why would you go to another boat shop, If the one that sold you your boat is still there?

Just because they don't sell them doesn't mean that they cannot work on them. If you trust them why go looking for somebody new.

Just wondering....

Actually, they do still sell Chaparrals. If you go to their website, the have a few 2010's listed on there, and a new 276 SSx 'arriving soon' as well as some previous years boats and trade ins. I don't know of any reason to get service done by anyone else. plus they are right on the water. Don't have to worry about having your boat trailered anywhere.

When I spoke to Deb a couple weeks ago she said they were planning to close the St. Louis store and moving to LOTO location full time. Toddler - I think if you lived near St. Louis and was serviced there, you would be looking for a new shop now that it will be closing.

RX-Boat - Would like to hear more about your Bravo 3XR propset. Did you add them later or did the XR's come with the boat when you bought it? How did it impact your performance?

BC

BC - Deb would be speaking for both St. Louis & LOTO locations. During the summer, she would be in St. Louis during the week and LOTO for the weekends.

RX-Boat - Would like to hear more about your Bravo 3XR propset. Did you add them later or did the XR's come with the boat when you bought it? How did it impact your performance?

I had the XR propset put on last summer. I love it. Increased my holeshot-the boat pops onto plane noticeably faster than before. I lost very little, if any on the top end--still can hit 55mph (speedometer) (well, I guess i hit 59 mph once with the standard propset, so I guess I did lose some, but how often do you drive wide open?) and my midrange is more efficient--I turn fewer rpms to cruise along at the same speed, as compared to the standard propset. All in all, it does exactly what I was looking for--better acceleration. Great for pulling skiers and tubes. I think if I ever buy another boat, I'll request the XR propset be installed prior to delivery--can fold the cost of it into the loan then!

I had the XR propset put on last summer. I love it. Increased my holeshot-the boat pops onto plane noticeably faster than before. I lost very little, if any on the top end--still can hit 55mph (speedometer) (well, I guess i hit 59 mph once with the standard propset, so I guess I did lose some, but how often do you drive wide open?) and my midrange is more efficient--I turn fewer rpms to cruise along at the same speed, as compared to the standard propset. All in all, it does exactly what I was looking for--better acceleration. Great for pulling skiers and tubes. I think if I ever buy another boat, I'll request the XR propset be installed prior to delivery--can fold the cost of it into the loan then!

Thanks for the info. We do alot of skiing & wakeboarding so an improved holeshot would be good. Did you drop down 1" to 25"? Can I ask where you purchased the XR?

During the first year of storage, I had my boat stored at I-44 Marine at LOTO and I did have the same problem about waiting until the water level comes up. Now I store on my lift at my boat slip..I have someone nearby to de-winterize and prep for me. Much more convenient for me. He also checks on my lift or anything else he may see which needs attention. I do understand your frustration with wanting to get the boat out... I am anxious as well... Just had new speakers added to the arch this winter... ready to listen to some great tunes.

Thanks for the info. We do alot of skiing & wakeboarding so an improved holeshot would be good. Did you drop down 1" to 25"? Can I ask where you purchased the XR?

I did drop down 1 inch on pitch, so I am running the 25" pitch now. I bought it through I-44 marine-they ordered it, and installed it. You can find them a little less expensive on the internet, and I can't imagine it would be that difficult to install, but I don't have a trailer and it wouild have been difficult to change out the props with the boat on the hoist. I'd probably drop a prop nut (or the whole prop) in the water and then really be screwed. They had the boat out of the water already, so I had the job done. As far as I'm concerned, money well spent.

During the first year of storage, I had my boat stored at I-44 Marine at LOTO and I did have the same problem about waiting until the water level comes up. Now I store on my lift at my boat slip..I have someone nearby to de-winterize and prep for me. Much more convenient for me. He also checks on my lift or anything else he may see which needs attention. I do understand your frustration with wanting to get the boat out... I am anxious as well... Just had new speakers added to the arch this winter... ready to listen to some great tunes.

Oh yea, I guess that was a couple years ago already that I saw your boat in the rack at Marina 44. Have a great time this weekend. Weather is going to be fantastic!! Wish I was going. Looks like May 1st for me.

I did drop down 1 inch on pitch, so I am running the 25" pitch now. I bought it through I-44 marine-they ordered it, and installed it. You can find them a little less expensive on the internet, and I can't imagine it would be that difficult to install, but I don't have a trailer and it wouild have been difficult to change out the props with the boat on the hoist. I'd probably drop a prop nut (or the whole prop) in the water and then really be screwed. They had the boat out of the water already, so I had the job done. As far as I'm concerned, money well spent.

Thanks for the info. Now you have given me something to think about. Problem is I'm just finishing up getting a mooring cover made & the stereo system upgraded and might have trouble convincing my wife to drop more $ on the boat right now. But it's all about the timing - may have to suggest it the weekend of 5/7 when we come down for the weekend and take the boat out for the first time this year.