referee77

Head and Galley fresh water faucets...

Hi everyone...

Another small glitch we've learned about our new boat...

The head and galley fresh water faucets seems to....leak? Not sure if that's the right word to use, but anyways...when we flick the switch on for water pressure...water continuously flows from the faucets in the head and in the galley. The button on the side of the faucet seems to open and close the valve more or less, but unless we press down and hold very tight...those buttons never seem to shut the water flow completely. Also, the hot/cold on/off taps seem to do nothing to the flow of water...are these there for decoration purposes only??

Here are a few photos of the faucets:

Head

====

18471_402076435690_605015690_108015.jpg

Galley

======

18471_402076335690_605015690_108014.jpg

Do you think the faucet needs replacing as the side button does not stop the flow of water completely?

And what are your thoughts on the cold/hot on/off taps? Should these work...or....???

Thanks!!

The hot and cold knobes should shut off the water. My faucets look like yours. Not sure that the on/off button will not still allow a drip, but you should be able to turn both of the knobes to get the water off.

You can see in the photo that this is the same faucet.

chap_8-1.jpg

Having recently went through my first experience with the very same faucets on our 290, I'll offer that ours are not "typical" in the sense that they are *not* "turn to the right to turn off" and "turn to the left to turn on" faucets. If I recall correctly, you must turn the cold water (right) side to the right and the hot water (left) side to the left to turn off the water. Reversing those would turn both hot and cold water on.

They are symmetrical in behavior---both knobs spun away from you for on and both spun toward you for off. Other than this slightly non-standard behavior, our faucets do turn off the water.

The button on the side of the head faucet is for operation as a shower head, I believe. It's meant to stem the flow of water while you shampoo/soap/ponder how small a space you can really shower in without you having to reset the hot/cold mixer valve settings. The transom shower has the same feature as well.

Hope this helps...

I had the same faucet in the head and in the galley on my 260 Signature. I tried to replace the parts on the inside, under the knobs when you unscrew them. Its an easy fix except that I was unable to find anyone who sold replacement parts. I ended up replacing it with one from ebay with the lever. It works great, was an easy replacement, and VERY affordable. I didnt see the need for a retractable shower in the galley.

Search for my earlier posts for the Fontana faucets; your brand and mine. I dissected the faucets and found replacable parts. You pop off the silver colored decorative top and see if the washers are still good or need cleaning. I would ask Makolab where you order the same faucet in case you can't find Fontana parts you need.

I had the same problem. I ended up turning both knobs in the off position and then turning off the button on the side. I learned with the button on the side 'open' the water will trickle even with the knobs off. But, 'closing' the switch on the side always completely stopped the water flow for me.

Slightly off topic: I need to replace the shower head portion of the head faucet...not even the hose part, just the nozzle part with the button. I got a quote from the dealer and they want 175 for the whole unit. Any idea where I can get just the head that attached to the hose (or a cheaper, but still quality replacement)?

Thanks.

I bought my 2000 Sig 260 last summer and it had the same faucets and the same problems. I was also missing a pull out handle. The faucets are a Fontana Portofino. I called them and they were happy to sell me spare parts very reasonable. Here's the link http://www.itc-marine.com/index.html

He "Beez" correct! That's the web site also where I found the parts for the Fontana.

He "Beez" correct! That's the web site also where I found the parts for the Fontana.

Y'all Rawk. I shall call them tomorrow. :) And, that should be the last loose end to tie up (besides polishing her up really good).

Thanks again.

I have had these faucets in my current boat and my previous one and REALLY don't like them. I think they are kind of cheap looking and cheaply made. I have now replaced two galley faucets (between my two boats), my head faucet and my aft/mid cabin faucet in my Chap as well. I purchased some much nicer ones at Home Depot- got a really stylish kitchen unit and bathroom ones- and much better quality. My first replacement was on my old boat about 6 years ago and it worked great until I sold it 5 years later. The new faucets have really upgraded the look of my Chap as well. Don't be fooled into thinking there is anything special about the stock ones! The newer "home" faucets tend now have standard connectors that only require an adapter from you boats connections which you should be able to find at home depot as well. It takes a little bit of work and ingenuity to do the replacement but nothing that probably 90% of the forum readers aren't more than capable of.

Sent an email to ITC last night after hours requesting stock and pricing info for the replacement sprayer head. Had an email waiting on me this morning before I got out of bed with the requested info. 32 bucks with free two-day shipping. I'll have it by Friday she promised. Great customer service IMO.

I thought about replacing the whole unit with something from a big box retailer, but since I narrowed it down to the sprayer head I decided just for the replacement.

Sooooo.....

I was out on the boat this morning..... and I completley striped the Galley Faucet down....the hot & cold knobs do NOT shut off the flow of water AT ALL !!!....I tried everything !

while the base & knobs are SS the nozzel/shower head is chrome painted plastic.... very cheezy....

the interior parts looked to be worn... but not too bad...

So my question is....those of you that have replaced the innards have had no prob...and all works ok???

we changed both the head and galley faucets last year with home depot items

house hold taps and works great

Thanks everyone...took your advice and went to Rona (it was closer that Home Depot) and picked up a new faucet for the Galley. The admiral (cj-orca) did the installation and did an awesome job. My hands are way to big to work in those small spaces.

Here are a few photos of the new galley faucet..which works great!! Hot/cold/on/off...just like it should be! I have to be honest...comparing the new faucet with the old Fontana one...yikes...the Fontana one is horrible....glad we chose this method rather that re-building the Fontana.

Sink cover closed

IMG_4221.jpg

Sink Cover Open

IMG_4225.jpg

Close up shot

IMG_4223.jpg

Up next...replace the Head faucet! :beer-7687-1:

Thanks everyone...took your advice and went to Rona (it was closer that Home Depot) and picked up a new faucet for the Galley. The admiral (cj-orca) did the installation and did an awesome job. My hands are way to big to work in those small spaces.

Here are a few photos of the new galley faucet..which works great!! Hot/cold/on/off...just like it should be! I have to be honest...comparing the new faucet with the old Fontana one...yikes...the Fontana one is horrible....glad we chose this method rather that re-building the Fontana.

Sink cover closed

IMG_4221.jpg

Sink Cover Open

IMG_4225.jpg

Close up shot

IMG_4223.jpg

Up next...replace the Head faucet! :beer-7687-1:

That looks great! There is no question to me this looks MUCH better then those cheap marine faucets not to mention the functionality. My knobs worked on my old one but it is a pain to adjust both knobs every time you want warm water. Much nicer to have a single arm. It mystifies me that Chap wouldn't go with a much nicer stock faucet even with the beautiful interiors of the 2009 and 2010 years! Still that ugly thing.

That looks great! There is no question to me this looks MUCH better then those cheap marine faucets not to mention the functionality. My knobs worked on my old one but it is a pain to adjust both knobs every time you want warm water. Much nicer to have a single arm. It mystifies me that Chap wouldn't go with a much nicer stock faucet even with the beautiful interiors of the 2009 and 2010 years! Still that ugly thing.

I agree! Not that the counter top is very big...but just this little change has given us more room on the counter now that the big clunky knobs are gone. And going with the "non-sprayer" option in the Galley allowed us to go with a more smaller, sleek faucet...saving even more space. And overall, I just like the look of this faucet way more that the stock Fontana ones.

I agree! Not that the counter top is very big...but just this little change has given us more room on the counter now that the big clunky knobs are gone. And going with the "non-sprayer" option in the Galley allowed us to go with a more smaller, sleek faucet...saving even more space. And overall, I just like the look of this faucet way more that the stock Fontana ones.

I would like to replace mine...would be great to have the model #

I would like to replace mine...would be great to have the model #

The model # of the stock Fontana faucets...or the model # of the one we replaced in the Galley??

If you wondering what the new one is in our Galley...here is what we bought:

Price Pfister

8A2-VK

Brushed Nickel Finish

4" single control lavatory faucet with pop-up (includes single hole mount option)

We bought ours from a local hardware store called Rona (very similar to Home Depot) but they don`t have this faucet listed on their web site. However, I searched around...here is a link to the same faucet being sold by Sears.

Link to Sears

If it`s the Fontana faucets that you are looking for...then check out this site...ours was the Fontana Portofino...97656-CP...Kitchen Faucet...Chrome

http://www.itc-marine.com/kitchen.html

The model # of the stock Fontana faucets...or the model # of the one we replaced in the Galley??

If you wondering what the new one is in our Galley...here is what we bought:

Price Pfister

8A2-VK

Brushed Nickel Finish

4" single control lavatory faucet with pop-up (includes single hole mount option)

We bought ours from a local hardware store called Rona (very similar to Home Depot) but they don`t have this faucet listed on their web site. However, I searched around...here is a link to the same faucet being sold by Sears.

Link to Sears

If it`s the Fontana faucets that you are looking for...then check out this site...ours was the Fontana Portofino...97656-CP...Kitchen Faucet...Chrome

http://www.itc-marine.com/kitchen.html

I was looking for the new one you just replaced...

There is a Rona 2 blocks away from where I leave so, hope they sell this model here in Quebec.

It looks great...nothing to compare with Fontana !

Thanks again for the information... :oregonian_winesmiley:

I was looking for the new one you just replaced...

There is a Rona 2 blocks away from where I leave so, hope they sell this model here in Quebec.

It looks great...nothing to compare with Fontana !

Thanks again for the information... :oregonian_winesmiley:

lol...I missed that you were from Quebec...of course you know what Rona is then.

Hopefully they have that one is stock...if not, just check some of the other one's that they have that are similar...there were a few other faucets that we liked...but chose this one because if its smaller size.

Also, we just got back home from Home Depot and we've picked up a new faucet for the Head.

Hopefully we will get a chance to install it over the next few days.

This is the one we picked up -->

Link to Home Depot

Pegasus Pull Out Kitchen Faucet K100

83e6737e-7d86-4325-94b7-cd829c534b70_4.jpg

Will post a few picks after it's installed. :oregonian_winesmiley:

Also, we just got back home from Home Depot and we've picked up a new faucet for the Head.

Hopefully we will get a chance to install it over the next few days.

This is the one we picked up -->

Link to Home Depot

Pegasus Pull Out Kitchen Faucet K100

83e6737e-7d86-4325-94b7-cd829c534b70_4.jpg

Will post a few picks after it's installed. :oregonian_winesmiley:

Well.... I tried to install the new faucett in the Head.... after 2 hrs....no matter what I tried... one of the lines will not stop leaking at the connection to the boat lines....soooo ... we'll have to let a pro look at it....bummer !!!

Hey everyone,

As CJ mentioned...it looks like one of the plastic "fittings" is leaking...if that's what it's called.

It's the part that connects the freshwater hose to the faucet.

I guess my question is, is this fitting easily replaced? Can you just cut the hose to remove the old leaky fitting and then connect a new, non-leaking fitting? How does the fitting attach to the hose?? The leaky one doesn't seem to have any hose clamps or anything like that.

Does anyone have a link to the specific fitting we should be using?

Or, should we call on the services of a pro for this job?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks.

What does it look like?