Kipper

Any Brits

34 posts in this topic

Hi guys and girls,

Just getting into this forum idea .Live on the n/east coast but have a holiday home in the Lake District.

Consequently have the boat over on the lake again for the season. It is a 198 cxl with a 5.0L Mercruiser

engine. Will get some pics on when i learn how to do it. Happy boating for the rest of the season.

Hi every one ! Any room for a Scotsman here....just purchased a 2008 215 SSI with a 5.0 GXI VP from Poole bay to Loch ness.

Had nothing but grief since I bought it from the haulage chap going through a gearbox and then a power steering pump taking it 620 miles north to Inverness. It took him 2 weeks too finally get it delivered

Then first day launching it the fuel pump put up the white flag and left me stranded on loch ness...this is all from a boat with 10hrs on the clock that was supposedily just serviced and went through an engine check in Poole prior to my purchase.

Anyway it will all be worth it when I'm finally on the water....looking forward to posting my pictures of the Loch ness monster when we spot it..

Cheers

Hi, not a Brit but I drink Scotch. Does that count?

B181C936-2FEA-430C-8CC1-DD16C6F9C416_zps

Hi every one ! Any room for a Scotsman here....just purchased a 2008 215 SSI with a 5.0 GXI VP from Poole bay to Loch ness.

Had nothing but grief since I bought it from the haulage chap going through a gearbox and then a power steering pump taking it 620 miles north to Inverness. It took him 2 weeks too finally get it delivered

Then first day launching it the fuel pump put up the white flag and left me stranded on loch ness...this is all from a boat with 10hrs on the clock that was supposedily just serviced and went through an engine check in Poole prior to my purchase.

Anyway it will all be worth it when I'm finally on the water....looking forward to posting my pictures of the Loch ness monster when we spot it..

Cheers

Your first season in your 215 will be your "get to know you" period with your boat. Hopefully you settled into a joyful boating life through your first season. The 215 is a wonderful boat and a good choice for Scotland waters.

The 215 we had sat a while before we purchased it, and we too had to replace the fuel pump. You mentioned the boat had low hours and that could explain why your fuel pump expired shortly after you taking possession. We found that connections on the wiring harness were mildly corroded, that is the contacts had a "patina" of corrosion, creating resistance in circuit or poor conduction. Clean the connector contacts when troubleshooting to rule out connection problems. Good luck in the season ahead.

Hi All

New to the forums - have a 2013 246 SSI - based in North Wales ( Pwllheli ) - bought it last October time, all been serviced and had my first trip out today from the Marina - was a bit windy (as per normal ) but had some pontoon bashing practice 

looking fwd to a great Summer

Andy

Hi. Another Brit here.  Bought my 2016 Chaparral Vortex 223 VR in North Wales but then trailered it to Lake Annecy in France to our holiday home. I suspect it is the only Chaparral jetboat in France, but would love to hear from anyone else here with one.