• Black
    • Blue
    • Red
    • White
    • Yellow
    • Teal (seafoam)
    • Multi-colored
    • Gray

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 posts in this topic

So when should I expect the kids for the wipe down and wax? :beer-7687-1:

They should plan on most of the day, it takes me 2 to 3 hours just to give it a good wash.

I'm 10 and I already wash and wax our 30 foot boat! :)

I'm 10 and I already wash and wax our 30 foot boat! :)

Excellent. You really get to know something when you wash it.

You find those little nicks and scratches your eye normally misses.

And welcome to the forum.

:)

I actually enjoy the black, especially when it is on the hull.

My last boat was black and white, and had a white hull, I have reversed and gone to the black hull. I like the no "yellowing" affect with a black hull.

Agreed!  I so much love the looks of black boat, black trailer, black SUV I almost hate to launch.

Almost.  :D 

2 hours ago, EricGT said:

Agreed!  I so much love the looks of black boat, black trailer, black SUV I almost hate to launch.

Almost.  :D 

Ditto

Hey, nice lookin boat!

Are you happy with that color combo? Is the black hulk hard to keep clean or show scratches easily?

I don't really think its any harder to keep clean than white would be, and so far no scratches.  I typically wipe it down after every outing with a quick detailer, and wash it every 3rd or 4th time.  I did get 2 coats of colinite wax on it before she ever hit the lake though.  Water spots really show, but they wipe away.  The blue is prettiest in the direct sun.  I've contemplated adding a 3/8" or 1/2" silver pinstripe to separate the black and blue, but overall I really like it, and she gets lots of compliments. 

get a spray bottle of 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 water - spray on wipe off to handle the water spots between washes and waxes

2 hours ago, delaney said:

get a spray bottle of 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 water - spray on wipe off to handle the water spots between washes and waxes

I used to do this . . . but I became concerned it stripped the polish and wax.  I've switched to Mequier's Quick Detailer for the after cruise wipe down.

On 2/7/2017 at 6:11 PM, TNBrett said:

I don't really think its any harder to keep clean than white would be, and so far no scratches.  I typically wipe it down after every outing with a quick detailer, and wash it every 3rd or 4th time.  I did get 2 coats of colinite wax on it before she ever hit the lake though.  Water spots really show, but they wipe away.  The blue is prettiest in the direct sun.  I've contemplated adding a 3/8" or 1/2" silver pinstripe to separate the black and blue, but overall I really like it, and she gets lots of compliments. 

Thanks for the info...that's generally the upkeep schedule I used have on past boats so I'm sure if anything it will become more frequent since this is my first brand new Boat.

Also I use the Meguires detailing spray on all kinds of stuff, it's amazing

test039_zps36f062ed.jpg

No mater the color, color me gone, or going somewhere on the pretty blue water of The Great Lakes.  Denny.