Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
covedog

hull paint

3 posts in this topic

Well, it turns out my airberth isn't going to happen this year (6K deer and about 6 months just to get thru the permitting process for my float with no guarantee of approval, and process could slow down other permits I have underway). So, I'll probably go ahead and get the new Chap hull sealed and painted right out of the gate since the hull will be in the saltwater at least 10 months out of the year. What self polishing product produces best hull performance and works best in the NW saltwater?

I'm also looking for some touch up paint for my Chapp, Was out in Sinclair Inlet yesterday tied up to a dock when a huge boat whent by and made such a huge wake that it slammed my boat into the dock :(, when I was washing the boat this AM, I found 3 large scratches. That whent thru the clear coat down to Glass

Dandelano,

I'm sure that you need a good boat guy to repair the damage to the gelcoat first. If you're interested, the non-fouling paint system I ended up having the dealer apply to the boat was two coats of Interlux Micron Extra over two coats of Interlux gel coat sealer. It's a self polishing product that works well in most water conditions and it's available in the color white (which I prefer). Much recommended by experienced NW boat guys I talked to. Works like a bar of soap that keeps eroding as you use it so it keeps a clean slick polished bottom that runs faster and improves fuel economy and speed.