Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Our Turn

She's wet!

15 posts in this topic

"Our Turn" was launched today. April 5th, on Lake Minnetonka! She's the first boat in at our Marina. Looking forward to a long, warm season.th_LaunchApril20103.jpg

th_LaunchApril20106.jpg

Congrats on getting her in. We will be in on April 16th (hopefully). I will let you know and we can hook up for that beer.

Jim

Congratulations - have you been on the water earlier than this? It must be one of the earliest on record. I'll have to wait a few more weeks.

Woot! Congrats to you for getting in the water. Let the fun begin and have a great boating season.

Congrats on getting her in. We will be in on April 16th (hopefully). I will let you know and we can hook up for that beer.

Jim

Let's both hope that the weather is great that day. I should be on the water some time that day and will have some brew on board, or if the weather is suspect we could go to Lord Fletchers - by car. My cell is 612-209-4669.

Congratulations - have you been on the water earlier than this? It must be one of the earliest on record. I'll have to wait a few more weeks.

In 2000 it went out March 18, but that's the only earlier date in the past 10-15 years. This is my earliest launch date though. Let us know when you launch and where.

Let's both hope that the weather is great that day. I should be on the water some time that day and will have some brew on board, or if the weather is suspect we could go to Lord Fletchers - by car. My cell is 612-209-4669.

Don, we will be in the water Friday, but probably will be a couple of weeks until we are free to get out. I will give you acall and see when we can meet up.

Jim

Don, we will be in the water Friday, but probably will be a couple of weeks until we are free to get out. I will give you acall and see when we can meet up.

Jim

Jim, did you get her in the water? It was one windy weekend so I hope you got her launched and tied up safely. The weather looks perfect for Sunday so I will have "Our Turn" out for a few turns around the lake. Hope to meet up soon.

Don

The boat is in the water. :oregonian_winesmiley: Now the only thing I need is time. This past weekend and next weekend are booked solid with kids activities. I hate it when the kids get in the way of my fun :beat-dead-horse: I loaded the basics on this weekend and my hope is to get everything else on board during the week so we are all set to go once we find free time.

I hope you have been enjoying the relative calmness of the lake. It must be nice to cross the the Lower Lake North with out all of the chop from other boats.

See you soon.

Jim

The boat is in the water. :oregonian_winesmiley: Know the only thing I need is time. This past weekend and next weekend are booked solid with kids activities. I hate it when the kids get in the way of my fun :beat-dead-horse: I loaded the basics on this weekend and my hope is to get everything else on board during the week so we are all set to go once we find free time.

I hope you have been enjoying the relative calmness of the lake. It must be nice to cross the the Lower Lake North with out all of the chop from other boats.

See you soon.

Jim

Just remember the fun you were having which created the kids to begin with :P;)

Like you I am struggling with the time, but for some different reasons. Between starting a new biz, becoming much more involved with Rotary (now a District Governor Nominee), more involved with the business side of our church, I am now a Park Commissioner for our town, and my youngest son who is at that age where he kind of lives here, but doesn't (he is in college and enjoying his new found social life - in a respectful manner) which leads my wife and me to new found freedoms which has impinged on available time for boating (need to shift some priorities here!).

Enjoy your kids at their age of where your social life becomes fully integrated with theirs. You will meet some great folks along the way, but more importantly this is time you will never get back so spend it with them and your kids will grow up wanting to spend time with you, which becomes ever so important as they are the ones that will pick your old age home and it may not be with them. So be nice to them! ;)