308systems

1" Chrome Chaparral lettering

48 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am in search of the chrome "Chaparral" letters for my 2000 230ssi. These are the old style letters approximately 1" tall.

All the threads so far have just said " call the dealer" however these are out of production and the new 2" letters look really ugly.

Does anyone have a source for this old style lettering?

Thanks,

Mark

misc@308systems.com

970-282-7006

Hi,

I am in search of the chrome "Chaparral" letters for my 2000 230ssi. These are the old style letters approximately 1" tall.

All the threads so far have just said " call the dealer" however these are out of production and the new 2" letters look really ugly.

Does anyone have a source for this old style lettering?

Thanks,

Mark

misc@308systems.com

970-282-7006

If Joe can't help you, don't know were you will find them except one of the savage places.

Think I have read old posts saying they are not avail.

Best of luck!

I have a set of the newer style 2" letters, but since they're really ugly, you can't have them!

I have a set of the newer style 2" letters, but since they're really ugly, you can't have them!

How much? Condition? New or used? I may be interested.

Remembering your boat from previous posts.......(and a very nice one at that).....I initially thought there was something odd.

Thanks, you've answered my thoughts.........no lettering. Tough search for 1" lettering. Wish you well.

You might try Google for 'chrome auto letters'.

Not sure these would 'match' but may offer you a replacement alternative other than the large Chap letters.

Looks like the 'italic' ones here may come close.

Chrome Letters

Ok, you've talked ne into selling mine. I too lost an "A" on one side. Rather than hunt one down I've decided to de-badge the boat. When it gets back from the shop I'll de-badge it and offer up the letters that I don't destroy in the process. If I rebadge it will be with decals. I'm not a fan of Raised lettering, it gets in the way when detailing.

One thing a person might consider when using the new style letters on an older Chaparral with the 2-tone gelcoat colours, is to install the new H20 letters. About the same size as your current letters, but in the new font. i.e. smaller than the font sized used on the SSi WT, SSx, Sig and Sunesta boats.

The H20 font style is what I plan on installing on my 2001 186 SSi with the 2-tone red and white hull. I have the larger font size in stock, but it's too big IMO.

Ok, you've talked ne into selling mine. I too lost an "A" on one side. Rather than hunt one down I've decided to de-badge the boat. When it gets back from the shop I'll de-badge it and offer up the letters that I don't destroy in the process. If I rebadge it will be with decals. I'm not a fan of Raised lettering, it gets in the way when detailing.

Duane, I really really need the L on the starboard side...I sent you a message on it...please let me know what I can do to get it! Thanks

hi Mark,

since this is an old post not sure if you solved your problem yet.. i was in the same situation, missing the letter "c". i just went to the other side of the boat and made an impression of it in modelers clay, spayed on mold release agent and then resin cast it, then sent it off to a place that does chrome plating on plastic. turned out great and used clear marine RTV to adhere it to the hull. depends on how desparate you are i guess to try anything. hope this helps.

cheers,

John Paul

Let me know if you want to sell a "R" and a "L"...

I need an "R" and an "L" if you end up taking them off. I have a 1994...will they be the same size?

Thanks!

I just ordered a new set of letters from Joe, for both sides for my boat. I might be willing to part with the old, if anybody needs them. Oh, almost forgort, missing one "L" on one side.