pahad210

SeaDek Swim Platform Pad - Chaparral Group Buy Discount

48 posts in this topic

All,

I'm organizing a group buy for a SeaDek Swim Platform Pad. If we can get 8 to order we can each receive 20% off. Send me an email and I will provide you with the info:

phil.ahad@gmail.com

We have 8! Let me know if anyone else is interested.

pahad210

Skiya

Weekend at Bernies

Gary H

Chantillycpl

alka2710

Gregors

Futzin

Count me in. I have been wanting to do this for a year now and just haven't pulled the plug. They quoted me 240 deer so lets see how accurate the discount is!! :o) I emailed you with my info, thanks for taking the lead! GH

I am interested but mine will have to be a custom order since they do not have my boat in inventory. Or I may just order the large sheets and trim myself. So, if thats ok to get the 20% off, count me in! (I have a 1996 2330 Sport, which is a pretty simple platform)

I am interested but mine will have to be a custom order since they do not have my boat in inventory. Or I may just order the large sheets and trim myself. So, if thats ok to get the 20% off, count me in! (I have a 1996 2330 Sport, which is a pretty simple platform)

I'm unsure if that buying the material is included but I will ask and get back to you later today.

Ok, quick update. Looks like we have 7 confirmed and a few guys still considering the purchase. I'm hoping to get the group buy process nailed down today. Once I do I will contact each of you in regards to how to place your order and receive the 20%.

Confirmed:

pahad210

Skiya

Weekend at Bernies

Gary H

Chantillycpl

alka2710

Gregors

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or if you need the contact info for Sea Dek.

Thanks!

Phil

I followed the link that showed a picture of the mat for a 232 Sunesta. Is there a mat for the 2005 236? It looks awesome and I'd definately be interested.

I followed the link that showed a picture of the mat for a 232 Sunesta. Is there a mat for the 2005 236? It looks awesome and I'd definately be interested.

They do have a template for your boat. I would still verify those measurements for accuracy. For my 215SSI I'm using the template from a 210SSI and the measurements fit correctly. Follow the link:

http://www.seadekstore.com/Chaparral232Sunesta.aspx

I just looked at the parts guide on here and the 232/236 have the same platform. Looks like you just need to pick your color combo now

Shepherd posted all the models that share the same swim platform, below is the list again. I would still verify the measurements from SeaDek to your platform before placing an order.

The 210 and 215 SSi do indeed share the same extended swim platform.

Other boats that do in my memory are 183 SS/190 SSi (190 with 5 piece windshield)

186/190 SSi (3 piece windshield) (2000-2005)

196/200/204 SSi (3 piece windshield) (2000-2008)

230/235/246 SSi (2000-2008)

260/265 SSi (2000-2006)

2830/2835 SS/280/285 SSi (1998-2006)

Was pretty sure the 216/220 SSi shared the same platform from 2000-2008.

Count me in. I'm gonna have to template mine, however.

Please see new thread regarding some thoughts/observations regarding fitment/pricing with SeaDek.

Hi,

I have a Chap 1935 SS from 1997, Do you know if they have done that boat/model before?

Or where can I find out about that? If they have, I could be interested but I do live in Sweden so my unit will have to go on a seperate delivery.

Best regards

Thomas Berglund.

Looks like we could do eight orders twice!

Yes, we finally have our 8:

pahad210

Skiya

Weekend at Bernies

Gary H

Chantillycpl

alka2710

Gregors

Futzin

I know alot of others have emailed me about it too. I'm waiting on the VP of Sales from SeaDek to send me the final instructions on how to place our orders. Once i get that I will email/PM all of you with that and the correct contact info.

Let me know if you guys have any more questions.

Thanks!

Phil

Hi,

I have a Chap 1935 SS from 1997, Do you know if they have done that boat/model before?

Or where can I find out about that? If they have, I could be interested but I do live in Sweden so my unit will have to go on a seperate delivery.

Best regards

Thomas Berglund.

These are the templates they currently have on file:

http://www.seadekstore.com/chaparral.aspx

You can also order a template kit and send them the measurements. It seems easy enough.

Ok guys. The Group Buy has been set up. We have 8 and if anyone else wants to join let me know. Chuck Yates will be handling our orders. I have sent all the confirmed people an email or pm requesting their contact info (full name, email and phone number). I will pass this info along to Chuck and he will contact each of you to take your orders. People that need to order a template first will not slow down the delivery times of people that are ready to order their pad now.

If you guys have any questions please let me know.

Below is also a good post from Futzin about the product:

Some observations:

-if the SeaDek website shows a template for your platform in inventory, DOUBLE CHECK the dimensions. These templates/dimensions were generated by who ever has created a template for that boat before you (John Q. Public). He/She may have made an error or three. This is the case for the 220SSi.

-pricing for a self-templated order should be same or very close vs. an existing template.

-chipping/eroding around lettering/logo patterns not seen to be a problem to date (a concern of mine)

-said to be very durable regarding traffic patterns, general wear, etc. Vulnerable to sharp edges, hooks, gaffs, etc (it's foam). I'm thinking ski/board fins here. Possible minor shrinking over time.

-if you cut to fit your own from sheets, it will not have the tapered/routered edging.

-covering your primary/integrated platform (in addition to your bolt-on) MAY not cost all that much extra (depending on overall width/number of sheets, etc.) For example, if SeaDek can cut both your platforms from one sheet, it's a pretty small upcharge for the extra platform ($60 vs $100-$150 for mine).

-the faux teak material costs roughly 25% more (220 SSi used as example).

Hopefully these thoughts will be helpful for those considering the upgrade, especially the first one regarding trusting someone else's templating skills.

All,

I have sent our contact information over to SeaDek and CC'd all of you on the email. Chuck Yates will contact you shortly, if he doesnt feel free to contact him:

CHUCKYATES@seadek.com

Just let him know that you're part of the Chaparral Forum Group Buy.

I know that a few of you were interested but not ready to commit. You can still be added to the Group Buy to receive the discount. I'm unsure of how much time you have but Chuck still needs to get all our orders, that should take a few days.

Thanks,

Phil

All,

I have sent our contact information over to SeaDek and CC'd all of you on the email. Chuck Yates will contact you shortly, if he doesnt feel free to contact him:

CHUCKYATES@seadek.com

Just let him know that you're part of the Chaparral Forum Group Buy.

I know that a few of you were interested but not ready to commit. You can still be added to the Group Buy to receive the discount. I'm unsure of how much time you have but Chuck still needs to get all our orders, that should take a few days.

Thanks,

Phil

It was very nice of you to pull all of this together and act as the chair for completion. Well done!

:clapsmiley::notworthy:

It was very nice of you to pull all of this together and act as the chair for completion. Well done!

:clapsmiley::notworthy:

Thanks! It was a lot more work than I thought it would be but the 20% is well worth it.

Phil

Thanks again for putting this together. I placed my order today. I need to have a template sent to me which should be in the mail. My next problem is deciding on what colors to do. Anyone find a web site with Seadeck photos. Just so everyone knows Chuck at Seadeck mentioned that the 20% is good as long as you order a template. No rush on mailing it back to them. Looking forward to this add on.

Al

Phil

Thanks again for putting this together. I placed my order today. I need to have a template sent to me which should be in the mail. My next problem is deciding on what colors to do. Anyone find a web site with Seadeck photos. Just so everyone knows Chuck at Seadeck mentioned that the 20% is good as long as you order a template. No rush on mailing it back to them. Looking forward to this add on.

Al

I had some running around today to do so by time I called Chuck he was gone for the day. It's that east coast, west coast time thing that bites me all the time. The girl said he'll be in meetings all day tomorrow so i'll see if I can't catch him first thing in the morning. If I don't need to make a template because seadek already has it I don't get the 20% off?