jayjack

What Chaparral Model and year do you own

118 posts in this topic

Well, here I am on a business trip, (I travel 2 to 3 weeks a month), so as I look out at the Dallas Skyline I have a white paper that I have to finish and can't concentrate so I look out and I am thinking about when will my new boat be made and delivered. All this thinking made me wonder about all you other members that are enjoying your Chaps and wonder what do you like most about your Chap??

Lets see what the members like most about their Chaps---it should be interesting.

Regards,

Joe

hehe.gif Yea, me too.

Actually I'm still getting to know mine, but so far I've really been impressed with the construction, and the thought that obviously went into my boats design. I love the sleek sexy lines of the 19-23' (did they make a 25' Cuddy?), but I have to admit, the 2335's here on this site look a bit sexier than mine, at least in pictures. I'd love to see a 23' Cuddy in person. I'm kinda old school, I also like the long nosed Jag XJS, and the old Stingrays. In addition to looking so sweet, Cuddy's also give some protection from elements without having to go up to a cruiser.

BTW, I work in Dallas, hope you are enjoying our weather. A little cool tonight with the rain, but what a nice few days it's been.

hehe.gif Yea, me too.

Actually I'm still getting to know mine, but so far I've really been impressed with the construction, and the thought that obviously went into my boats design. I love the sleek sexy lines of the 19-23' (did they make a 25' Cuddy?), but I have to admit, the 2335's here on this site look a bit sexier than mine, at least in pictures. I'd love to see a 23' Cuddy in person. I'm kinda old school, I also like the long nosed Jag XJS, and the old Stingrays. In addition to looking so sweet, Cuddy's also give some protection from elements without having to go up to a cruiser.

BTW, I work in Dallas, hope you are enjoying our weather. A little cool tonight with the rain, but what a nice few days it's been.

+1 on the cuddies. I think that my fav is the early 2000-2003 235 ( affordable), but the new 255 or 275 would be a dream come true. :boating:

hehe.gif Yea, me too.

Hey Interesting!

Yes I do enjoy Dallas, come here often, problem is I fly in get picked up have a meeting then dinner then hotel then driven back to a/p and on a plane again-I only know its Dallas because of the signs!!

Stay Safe

Joe

I love how well our 2008 220 SSi rides in rough water, I can hit rough water wide open and don't have to panic about it bouncing people all over the boat. And I can't count how many people tell us how beautiful our boat is, we get tons of complements with it on the trailer while getting gas too.

Hey Interesting!

Yes I do enjoy Dallas, come here often, problem is I fly in get picked up have a meeting then dinner then hotel then driven back to a/p and on a plane again-I only know its Dallas because of the signs!!

Stay Safe

Joe

Next time you're in town, look me up. I'll pick you up from your hotel and I'll show you what I like about my boat in person. That is, if you could sneak out of your meetings. Enjoy Dallas, great city!

2005 Chap Signature 290. Love the cabin, A/C, TV, windlass, ride and room. All improvements from our previous 24' express cruiser.

2007 Sig 310. Fit and Finish was good but it was the layout on it that sold us on the boat. You could take a nap in the engine compartment before we added the Generator. It is easy to move around down there. Deck layout has plenty of seating. And on the plus side it moves!!!!! comes up on plan faster than my old 25 carver express. My wife and I have been very happy with it.

Bill

Sig 310 Lady-G

See my signature for what I have and the rehab story.

Most of love the boats that we have. My 330 is a sweet boat and has tons of room. What sold us on it was the layout of the cockpit and the cabin, just what we were looking for. It is also a great looking boat. I too have been traveling (Sydney) and can't wait to get back to Dallas.

Most of love the boats that we have. My 330 is a sweet boat and has tons of room. What sold us on it was the layout of the cockpit and the cabin, just what we were looking for. It is also a great looking boat. I too have been traveling (Sydney) and can't wait to get back to Dallas.

The last time I was in Sydney I called the Admiral and told her to sell everything and be prepared to move. I love it there! Hope you had a great trip and that down under is as good as it was 11 years ago.

I like my 2005 265 SSi. What impressed me about it was the amount of space and "cruiser like" features that it had, while still being a sporty runabout. The rear u-spaed seating is nice for entertaining friends, and the fact that it has running water and an actual flushing head make it easier to live with. Also, the powerful 496 seems to have limitless torque. It loafs at 3000 RPM, even with 5 or 6 people on board. I'm very happy with my boat. Hopefully I will get many more years out of it!

My 256 SSI is by far the best boat I've ever owned (and I've had a bunch of them - this is #9 if I counted right). I love the amount of room and the Admiral likes having the head area with the vacu-flush and the sink behind the helm. It handles the Chesapeake Bay's afternoon choppy waters with no problem (and no complaints from the Admiral, who won't go out when it's rough). You can bring family & friends and still have plenty of room. The U shaped seating and high sides is great for confining the grandkids safely. I like the removable sundeck/walk-thru area and the large swim platform. The 350 Merc is plenty of power for us - I get close to 50 with 1-2 people and have plenty of power for watersports. We had a Regal cruiser with an aft cabin for 13 years prior to this one and had our time of overnighters - now we just want to cruise and have plenty of room to move around. I believe we'll be keeping this one for a long time.

:boating:

Next time you're in town, look me up. I'll pick you up from your hotel and I'll show you what I like about my boat in person. That is, if you could sneak out of your meetings. Enjoy Dallas, great city!

DIB,

Next time I am in town and have some time I will send you a message.

I would love to see your boat then I will take you to dinner

Regards,

Joe

I like my 2005 265 SSi. What impressed me about it was the amount of space and "cruiser like" features that it had, while still being a sporty runabout. The rear u-spaed seating is nice for entertaining friends, and the fact that it has running water and an actual flushing head make it easier to live with. Also, the powerful 496 seems to have limitless torque. It loafs at 3000 RPM, even with 5 or 6 people on board. I'm very happy with my boat. Hopefully I will get many more years out of it!

Billy,

I sure looks beautiful, so the performance makes it not just a pretty face!

Joe

My 256 SSI is by far the best boat I've ever owned (and I've had a bunch of them - this is #9 if I counted right). I love the amount of room and the Admiral likes having the head area with the vacu-flush and the sink behind the helm. It handles the Chesapeake Bay's afternoon choppy waters with no problem (and no complaints from the Admiral, who won't go out when it's rough). You can bring family & friends and still have plenty of room. The U shaped seating and high sides is great for confining the grandkids safely. I like the removable sundeck/walk-thru area and the large swim platform. The 350 Merc is plenty of power for us - I get close to 50 with 1-2 people and have plenty of power for watersports. We had a Regal cruiser with an aft cabin for 13 years prior to this one and had our time of overnighters - now we just want to cruise and have plenty of room to move around. I believe we'll be keeping this one for a long time.

:boating:

Gary,

She has great lines.

Luck and stay safe.

Joe

I love how well our 2008 220 SSi rides in rough water, I can hit rough water wide open and don't have to panic about it bouncing people all over the boat. And I can't count how many people tell us how beautiful our boat is, we get tons of complements with it on the trailer while getting gas too.

XJ,

the picture sure looks good, its great to hear the performance is good especially in rough water.

Stay Safe,

Joe

well mine looks like a piece of crap comepared to the rest of urs. its a 1994 198 i lov it my first boat. anyone know the value of this boat 1994 chaparral striker 198 or where i could find the value

post-8146-1276460000_thumb.jpg

Joe,

I have an 08 244 Sunesta with the VP DP, blue, with all the trimmings. The boat is incredible, I love how it accelerates, handles and looks, I will never own anything but a Chaparral as I plan on moving up to a 286 next year. Good luck and have fun.

Bob

The last time I was in Sydney I called the Admiral and told her to sell everything and be prepared to move. I love it there! Hope you had a great trip and that down under is as good as it was 11 years ago.

I was in Perth a couple years ago. I was having a good time instant messaging my friends from the future :-) The water down there was rediculous. The sand was soft and the waves were warm.

The 265 SSI is the boat I someday wish to aquire. My friend has one with the radar arch. It is the boat that first turned my on to Chaps. Someday I will be able to afford one. No Radar arch though as it will not fit in my garage :-)

For us, This is our third boat. First one was a flatbottom. Second one a Chaparral 205 SSE. Third one is our 256 SSI. Love the room and the ability to handle rough water with ease. Can go to the lake, river, or ocean with no trouble. Love the powerful engine and all the creature comforts we have added to her. The best thing of all is that she is paid in full....

Saul ;)

We've got a 2007 256 SSi. I agree with the above post. We've had it out on the Atlantic Ocean a few times and it handles great. It handles the Deleware River/Bay chop with no problem. A well designed hull. I also like the amount of room that it has, as mentioned before. A very nice boat indeed.

The 265 SSI is the boat I someday wish to aquire. My friend has one with the radar arch. It is the boat that first turned my on to Chaps. Someday I will be able to afford one. No Radar arch though as it will not fit in my garage :-)

Thanks! Its a great boat. I think when someday comes you will not be disappointed! Make sure to get the big block engine and an extended swim platform. Both of them make the boat so much more enjoyable!