jayjack

What Chaparral Model and year do you own

118 posts in this topic

Just traveled from Upstate NY, to Lake Lanier, GA and purchased a 2005 230 SSI. The boat has literally every option that was available on the brochure! Interior is spotless and only has some small scrapes and scuffs on the Gel Coat, but appear to be able to be buffed out. Trailered her home 900 miles and got her out on the water this weekend on the Finger Lakes. She ran like a top! This is my third boat, and by far the nicest yet!

Some posts never die. This one started 2 years ago and still alive! I own a 2015 Chaparral Premiere 42 with volvo deisel POD joystick. Well not yet, but I can dream!!

took delivery of my 2012 330 for the most part it has been a head turner every where we go. Love the ride and especially the bow thruster,best investment ever. I have had some issues with fit and finish items but they are being taken care of. I also have a kolor generator that gave me fits for the whole entire summer,I did not have a working generator for almost the whole season,finally got that squared away towards the end of the season. I would not reccomend getting a kohler generator because the service is not great and the time to get a Kohler mech. to check out the problem takes too long,besides the wait for parts? They finally had to change the whole unit out because they could not find why it would not start or run. It ran great after the swap but it worries me about the next time I have a problem.

Hey Jayjack I have a 2001 285ssi . This is my favorite boat I have owned so far ( had a formula 223ls, wellcraft 26, Baja 240sport, Baja 272 all single bigblock boats with B1's) now twin 350 efi's with b3,s. great weekender, That can handle 10 people for day boating. She will stay on plane 20mph @ 1700 rpm, cruises 40 @ 3100, & tops out 55 @ 4800 per gps. what I love about it, I have to say I will never own a boat without a windlass again oh and enclosed head too. The double platform is another thing that everyone loves. chaparral is the most thought out boat in its class .From the windlass & stainless windshield, gafrigg controls to the built in cooler plus the spot for the igloo cooler & fridge freezer, more storage than any normal person needs I boat with a 8' raft and 5hp outboard( I could still sublet some) +- posts for jump starting other boats. she is as solid as a race boat.

RECENTLY SOLD OUR BAJA AND UPGRADED TO A 2002 265 SSI

Gosh I have wanted one of these for so long. That looks boat looks beautiful, exactly the color scheme I would want. At this point we could probably afford to do it, but my family is attached to our boat like it is actually a living member of the family.

We just bought a new to us '08 256 SSi with the 8.1 Volvo, and man it goes !!! The admiral and I went for a cruise last weekend and all i can say is WOW. Coming from a 96 Grady White, where you can feel the wake off of a gold fish, this puppy rides like a Caddy.

There were very few boats out, so I had the "Road" to myself. I know in another topic we talked about the exhaust button, and YES, I do like it :) This is going to be a great summer!

Recent owner of '13 Sunesta; glad we picked Chaparral and look forward to years of fun on the waters around south jersey and points south!

Our 3rd boat and the best by far is a 08 Sig 270. 1st was a 1999 Bayliner Ciera Sunbridge 24', great 1st boat and perfect for a little ones at the time. Then stepped up in size to a 97 Rinker Fiesta Vee 266 (two foot itis) and as our kids were bigger so go our boat. Rinker makes a nice boat, but we sold her (Mai Time) just last Thursday and for a period of about 3 days owned two cruisers. The 270 is awesome and named her "Stuck in a Moment" my wife's a huge U2 fan and well to be honest I love being on our boat and don't ever want to leave so the name just fits. Kids are even bigger now, one in college "GO BEAVERS!!" so a little bigger yet still trailerable. Great forum and love all the advice I've already received. Kudos to the Admiral and Wingnut they really know their stuff. Thanks guys!!

We Just bought a 2000 Signature 240 last weekend. it's Our first boat and we love it. Looking forward to this weekend and getting out with some friends. Outings so far have been getting to know the boat and practicing getting it to the dock and tied up!

Hi All, Just returned from the Boat Show and fell in love with and purchased the H2O 21 Sport. This is my first bowrider, previous have been fishing/cruiser type craft and if I was ever to get the wife to go along with a new purchase I had to find something that could be used for pleasure and a little fishing from time to time.

Anyone out there own the H2O 21 Sport model that can give me some pointers with this boat?

Thanks,

Ed

2003 Signature 300 - What sold me was the layout and fit and finish - well made boats. To be honest I'm still getting mine ready so I'm the least credible (so far) as I haven't yet been able to drive it! But from all the research I've done, and my experience partially rebuilding this thing (due entirely to the lack of attention by the prior owner) I feel its a great boat!

Ben