Mabs

How many deer can you fit in a tank?

Capacity 87 gallons

Price of Fuel in BC - 1.14 deer / Liter

3.791 liters/gallon

87 x 3.791 = 329.8 Liters

329.8 liters x 1.14 deer/liter = 375.97 CND deer to fill her up !!!!!

OUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

did someone mention sailboat ?!?!?!?!

Meh.... I LOVE our boat !!!! :beer-7687-1:

I'm still getting a feel for mine. I put in 22 gallons this weekend to top off the tank. Spent all day on the boat cruising and trolling while checking out lake Granbury. It still reads full, but I'm sure I burned around 10-15 gallons.

Never rely on a gas gage. My boat has a fuel flow meter and it is accurate within 3%-4%.

I have a 56 gallon tank. On an average day I burn about 20 gallons. Not bad IMHO. small price to pay for good times and good memories.

A wise man once said "Fun ain't cheap". :mandancing:

170 gallons at $3.39 = … you do the math, I’ll just get depressed. :o:o:o:o

OUCH !!!! :blink:

I come to this site and admire the larger boats, but this thread is making me appreciate my little 4.3. One tank of gas will get me 2, sometimes 3, afternoons on the lake with my family, and none of them have ever complained that the boat is too small. If I really feel cheap, I can put it on the trailer and take it to a gas station where the gas is about 1 deer less than the marina gas. I'm really surprised at how much the cost goes up for boats just a few feet bigger than mine.

I'm sure it's just a matter of time before we're looking at gas prices double what we have now. I just hope it's not this summer.

There are definately boaters on this forum who run more hours in a day than I, because I don't burn nearly as much fuel as some I hear. For example I bought my latest boat about 2 months ago with a full tank of gas (55 Gallons). Due to a cool spring I've only been out 5 days plus the sea trial. But I still have a 1/4 tank left. And that's similar to what I did with my 210. In my opinion 10 gallons or $29.00 a day aint bad. Granted we float alot, but my wife slalom ski's and my kids tube so it's not like we don't use it. All with a minimum of 2 adults and 4 kids - and usually a guest or two. It's worth noting that I boated just as much last year when the prices were way up. We have a boat and we intend to get our use out of it in this short NW season.

If I bought my boat and all I did was worry about how much gas I use, and had to pay for the gas I wouldn't have bought a new boat with such a large engine. We all know this is a hobby and we like to play, cruise, or what ever we like to do. We all know we have a lot of fun doing it and who cares what it cost. I'm not saying it hurts when you need to top off a large tank, But we all, still do it no matter what the cost. .. :thsmilie_water_119-1: ... We just love to go boating!!!!!!! I really enjoy it more on my chap. I believe other's will agree too...

P.S. ANY DONATIONS FOR MY GAS FUND WILL BE APPRECIATED JUST E-MAIL ME .... :beer-7687-1:

If I bought my boat and all I did was worry about how much gas I use, and had to pay for the gas I wouldn't have bought a new boat with such a large engine. We all know this is a hobby and we like to play, cruise, or what ever we like to do. We all know we have a lot of fun doing it and who cares what it cost. I'm not saying it hurts when you need to top off a large tank, But we all, still do it no matter what the cost. .. :thsmilie_water_119-1: ... We just love to go boating!!!!!!! I really enjoy it more on my chap. I believe other's will agree too...

P.S. ANY DONATIONS FOR MY GAS FUND WILL BE APPRECIATED JUST E-MAIL ME .... :beer-7687-1:

Good point. When people ask me about the type or size of boat they should get the first thing out of my mouth is “make sure you can feed the beast” with long term financing many people can get into a big boat but then they realize they can’t feed it so they spend all their time in their slip.

170 gallons at $3.39 = … you do the math, I’ll just get depressed. :o:o:o:o

Went by the fuel dock a few weeks back to top off the tanks after the winter. Only took stuffing 250 deer in the tank! The cost of fuel is just part of boating and at least it isn't in the 4 plus range this year.

I bought my latest boat about 2 months ago with a full tank of gas (55 Gallons). Due to a cool spring I've only been out 5 days plus the sea trial. But I still have a 1/4 tank left.

1/4 tank indicated? You better fill up before your next outing, from what I've read it might as well say "E"

1/4 tank indicated? You better fill up before your next outing, from what I've read it might as well say "E"

Yeah, I typically will fill up at 1/4 tank or before. Never run it near empty. But my old chap guages were quite accurate, considering they're monitering fuel in a boat that never sits level.

Happy summer's close and more than willing to burn some fuel.

55 gallons @ 3.30/gal = 2 hard boarding/tubing days on the water........well worth the cost of antee. My last fill up in Oct before winterizing was @ 2.90/gal at the marina. Could save .50/gal if wanted to load up and fill up inland away from the marina.......nah, rather be boating.

I also spring for the couple of ounces of high quality fuel conditioner each fill up. Cheap insurance in case of poor quality control procedures, IMO.

Never rely on a gas gage.

Good advice.

My boat has a fuel flow meter...

One of these is going to be the first "high-dollar" accessory I install on my boat.

if fuel prices do go up cause of the oil spill, I will be buying more paddles. Invite more friends out then the plane will be----- crank boat-get it off trailer- power out to a cove around the corner-anchor out- sit all day- make friend paddle back to trailer.....this method I figure will last the summer on one tank...... :thsmilie_water_119-1::oregonian_winesmiley:

When I bought my first boat a good friend said always bring the Gold Card for the "hole" in the water.......he was right.....but hobbies, relaxation etc all have associated cost's........golfing as an example around here can be very pricey at high end public courses, forgetting about the cost's associated with a private club......flying is certainly not cheap, and even lift tickets have set the price of skiing for a family pretty high........took 5 grandkids to a 3-d movie the other day and between the tickets and the refreshments we could have filled the boat......toys cost.....just the nature of the beast

When I bought my first boat a good friend said always bring the Gold Card for the "hole" in the water.......he was right.....but hobbies, relaxation etc all have associated cost's........golfing as an example around here can be very pricey at high end public courses, forgetting about the cost's associated with a private club......flying is certainly not cheap, and even lift tickets have set the price of skiing for a family pretty high........took 5 grandkids to a 3-d movie the other day and between the tickets and the refreshments we could have filled the boat......toys cost.....just the nature of the beast

and, it is worth every penny

Seems to me I can't remember where any particular dollar was spent a few years ago, but I can remember just about every fun boat outing. Worth it.

Seems to me I can't remember where any particular dollar was spent a few years ago, but I can remember just about every fun boat outing. Worth it.

+1....and so well said.....

Especially those with the grandkids......thats the reason I'm bring three of them to NACRU

+2! This is what boating is all about - the experience and the memories. It's unfortunate that gas deer is on the rise meaning more of them will go in the tank. That just means that I will make each outing a more enjoyable and pleasurable one. Once I finally get out again that is.

+2! This is what boating is all about - the experience and the memories. It's unfortunate that gas deer is on the rise meaning more of them will go in the tank. That just means that I will make each outing a more enjoyable and pleasurable one. Once I finally get out again that is.

A more enjoyable and pleasurable outing comes to mind. Know what I am thinking? Fuel cost = zero.

A more enjoyable and pleasurable outing comes to mind. Know what I am thinking? Fuel cost = zero.

I do! And I so wish I could. I am double booked that weekend and will probably not be home much of June as it is. :(

I do! And I so wish I could. I am double booked that weekend and will probably not be home much of June as it is. :(

How about Mrs. Dox? She could keep the family earning "stripes" for attending all the raft-ups. I don't know for sure what Bob Cox has planned, but he was very interested in recognizing those who have attended all :) raft-ups. She would receive constructive credit.

If you send the boys, make sure they have your credit card.

How about Mrs. Dox? She could keep the family earning "stripes" for attending all the raft-ups. I don't know for sure what Bob Cox has planned, but he was very interested in recognizing those who have attended all :) raft-ups. She would receive constructive credit.

If you send the boys, make sure they have your credit card.

I like the way you think Roy! But I was going to let them know that it was your credit card that they are supposed to use :o

64 gallon tank, 4.38 a gallon, thats almost 300 deer.

Boat gets pretty good mileage though, I figure we use 20-30 deer per outing.

:beer-7687-1:

HA HA HA HA........20 to 30 deer per outingbeer-7687-1.gif......100 gallon tank.......3.15 a gallon OFF the lake........4.50 on the lake........and on a three day weekend on Lake Mead (just a small body of water) we'll use ALL of the fuel and probably stop for some "safety" fuel.........thsmilie_water_119-1.giforegonian_winesmiley.gif