Phil @ LKN

What is the age of your boat and engine hours?

Scouts Out completed four years with 242 hours. Now that she stays at the lake, I expect more hours this year. (regardless of the price of fuel)

Our Island was new in May 2008 and we've tallied @120 hrs. Now if only there was a meter for the hours we've spent floating!

LADY HAWK, IS 06 WITH 185 HRS, GOT HER JUNE 06 PUT 70HRS FIRST YEAR, BOY WHAT HAPPENED?

2000 232 Sunesta with 156 hrs on it.

We bought it in Aug of 2007, and have put 56 hrs on it in just over 2 summers.

Sweet Feet is a 2008. We bought it used with 38 hours. Now has around 43.

What constitutes an hour on the meter? Does that cound idling and running or what? does the clock run faster while running and slower while idling?

1999 Sunesta 232 Limited. 692 hours. Original Engine and Lower Unit. I think that should be tops for now. :beer-7687-1::thsmilie_water_119-1:

Just bought a 2001 Chap Signature 280 with only 45 hours yes only 45 hours on it. Tuned it up and it runs great

Sweet Feet is a 2008. We bought it used with 38 hours. Now has around 43.

What constitutes an hour on the meter? Does that cound idling and running or what? does the clock run faster while running and slower while idling?

The hour meter is a clock that measures in hours how long your engine has run. Yes it counts on idle and it runs at the same rate always. One hour of running at WOT is the same a one hour at idle. I some boats the hour meter started running when you turned the key switch on. I don’t think Chaps are like that.

1999 Sig 240. Coming up on 700 hrs. (might be there already)

Last time out, I found oil in the bilge. Cleaned it all up and when I looked again, at a later date, there was about a quart or 2 of oil in the bilge again. Looks like a new pan is in order.

Kyle

OverAndUnder is a 1998 Sunesta 232 - 12 years old. 320 hours. We bought her in Noveember of 2008 and she only had 160 then.

The hour meter is a clock that measures in hours how long your engine has run. Yes it counts on idle and it runs at the same rate always. One hour of running at WOT is the same a one hour at idle. I some boats the hour meter started running when you turned the key switch on. I don’t think Chaps are like that.

Our 1930 ss clock runs with the run/stop switch on run and key off. Found out the hard way. I put an extra 1.5 hrs on it just trailering it home.

We bought our 2004 190 SSi in April 2008 with 55 hours on the clock. She now has 118 hours after two seasons with us.

You guys really should wet your bottoms a little more often. I bought my 2000 290 in march of 01 and installed new engines in 06 after over heating the starboard engine and doing catastrophic damage. The original engines had just over 1100 hours. The 06 model engines just surpassed 400 hours this past weekend.

Now get out and enjoy your boats before they get stuck to the trailer. slap.gif

BTW, I think the generator has around 1400 hours and we have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Well all the ones that my head wasn't stuck in the bilge.

You guys really should wet your bottoms a little more often. I bought my 2000 290 in march of 01 and installed new engines in 06 after over heating the starboard engine and doing catastrophic damage. The original engines had just over 1100 hours. The 06 model engines just surpassed 400 hours this past weekend.

Now get out and enjoy your boats before they get stuck to the trailer. slap.gif

BTW, I think the generator has around 1400 hours and we have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Well all the ones that my head wasn't stuck in the bilge.

:notworthy:

Our 2006 Sig 290 hit the water the 1st week in November of 2006 as a new boat with 2 hours on the meters. As of last week, the engines have 162 hours on them.

'98 Sig 240 had around 330 hours on it when I got it last year. Has about 440 on it and ready for a rebuild since during the first 330 hours it looks as though someone overheated it :( 1 cylinder is definitely not making compression & needs work but hopefully rebuilding the heads will restore her to full power.

Our 2008 Sig 250 was a leftover model which we purchased in July of 2009. Finished the summer with 52 hours on her.

Have an '05 210SSI bought August '09 with only 85 hours on her. As of this past weekend we have 115. Hope to have a lot more by end of summer!

Matt

Our last boat (2005) we put 383 hrs on in 4 yrs. Bought our current boat last summer and put 47 hrs from July - Sept. Hoping to put around 80-100 hrs on this summer. They're more fun on the water than on the dock!