Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ncsuguys

Restaurants on the water

11 posts in this topic

We're slowing finding our way around the lake - although I'm still not sure about the 'telephone pole' channel markers. Wouldn't want to get too close to one of those things !

We need some advise on restaurants that we can reach via boat. We've been to the PYC, North Harbor Club, and the Rusty Rudder (thanks again Phil). We went over to Midtown Sundries one afternoon but the depth alarm was going crazy so we did not dock. How deep is the water at the docks there?

What else can we reach via water? Any particular ones we should avoid?

You've hit the ones that I've been to. The only other one is Queens Landing which is basically tourist food. There is also Vinny's but you cannot get there with your boat. As far as Midtown, it does get shallow in there but you should be able to get in now with the lake so high. Just take it slow.

Pick up a copy of Piedmont Pilot (www.pilotmedia.us) and it will show you all the restaurants, and other stuff, on the lake.

Someone else will need to answer for northern part of the lake.

The Landing is good food. They have a Tiki boat (pontoon) that will come pick you up after you anchor on weekends or if you call them and request a pickup. It is a bit "dressed down" of a place - as in very casual but good food.

Midway marina has the best breakfast on the lake. It is just to the left as you come to the 150 bridge, after Queen's Landing.

white owl and the tap house over by the power plant - there is a new place there but i cant remember the name of it. good basic bar food, cold beverages, nice views and you can see the water too... queens landing was just greasy nastiness. the rudder is alright but gets busy quick so if your new to boating like i am there is a pucker factor trying to get in and out when you have more experienced boaters zipping in and out around you. tried to go to midtown but it was busy and couldn't find a spot to dock.

here is a decent little list i found -

http://www.denvernc.com/restaurantslake.htm

Midway marina has the best breakfast on the lake. It is just to the left as you come to the 150 bridge, after Queen's Landing.

Dave - you are a year late on that post... LOL... How's fatherhood going?

Hey all,

Any 2011 updates on eating on lake norman?

I see the old midtown, was latitude 36 closed. too bad, we had some decent food in there.

we did the landing couple weeks ago, wasnt overly impressed.

somebody told me the blue parrot up at 150 was pretty good.

vinnies?? i know you have to anchor or beach but hows it rate??

any thoughts and ideas appreciated. thanks jp

So any 2012 updates? I'm heading down for my annual vacation in 2 weeks. SO Midtown Sundries closed?? We always go to the Landing/Tiki Bar for happy hour. Maybe the Rusty Rudder for dinner.... Anything else new going on down there?

So any 2012 updates? I'm heading down for my annual vacation in 2 weeks. SO Midtown Sundries closed?? We always go to the Landing/Tiki Bar for happy hour. Maybe the Rusty Rudder for dinner.... Anything else new going on down there?

There was a lot more law enforcement out this past weekend. Guy next to me got pulled over and the driver was taken to jail. I saw four LE boats at the entrance to Holiday Marina/Rusty Rudder at the same time. Send me a message when you're going to be here so we can hook up for a drink or two.

Thanks for the tip Phil! We are staying in the Peninsula area this year. If my memory serves me, that's close to Holiday Marina??

Thanks for the tip Phil! We are staying in the Peninsula area this year. If my memory serves me, that's close to Holiday Marina??

Fairly close. When will you be hear?