Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MontanaProf

How much oil does the crankcase take?

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have a Volvo Penta 4.3GL-G in the 2006 Chaparral 190SSi. I'm going to be doing the oil changes myself, and so I'm wondering how much oil I'll be taking out, and then putting back in.

Cheers!!!

if your going to do that stuff best to get amanual, your owners manual should give you capacities, on oil changes I usually use about 1/2 court less and top it off on the water.

usually 4 1/2 quarts......wow......another Montanan!! Welcome......where do you boat at?

Hey there!! We usually boat out at Seeley Lake. As you note, we just need some nice weather!!

Hey there!! We usually boat out at Seeley Lake. As you note, we just need some nice weather!!

Cool, although we avoid Seeley....crowded and the wake boarders/skiers aren't overly polite, and that's putting it mildly, ignorant/rude, complete a-holes, would be a better description, whoops, did I just say that? at least the 2 times we were there that's what we've encountered. (We could never understand why they have to come within 10-15 ft of you when your fishing and almost swamp your boat, or wash you into the weeds with their huge wakes, when there's all kinds of room toward the middle of the lake....all we can think of it must be an entitlement thing) We're usually on Salmon or Placid.......want to start going to Lindbergh Lake once in awhile tho......it looks/sounds awesome/quiet/tranquil.........be cool & have fun :) Maybe we'll run into ya's. As a matter of fact, the pic below is at Salmon

Cool, although we avoid Seeley....crowded and the wake boarders/skiers aren't overly polite, and that's putting it mildly, ignorant/rude, complete a-holes, would be a better description, whoops, did I just say that? at least the 2 times we were there that's what we've encountered. (We could never understand why they have to come within 10-15 ft of you when your fishing and almost swamp your boat, or wash you into the weeds with their huge wakes, when there's all kinds of room toward the middle of the lake....all we can think of it must be an entitlement thing) We're usually on Salmon or Placid.......want to start going to Lindbergh Lake once in awhile tho......it looks/sounds awesome/quiet/tranquil.........be cool & have fun :) Maybe we'll run into ya's. As a matter of fact, the pic below is at Salmon

We only go mid-week to Seeley, when all your good friends that you speak so highly of above are not there!! We've just started going to Placid too, as we like the boat dock area. There's nearly never anyone on the lake too, which is awesome. Watch out for us. Our SSi 190 is black, and our boat name is Dragonfly.

Hey that's cool........we're usually up there on Thursdays (day off) and Sundays.....we will watch for Dragonfly, ran into someone up there with a brand new first time out B/W 190ssi Chap last time we were at Salmon.......chatted with them for a very short time, actually i just stopped to tell them how nice their boat was, thought maybe it was you but theirs had the 5.0 in it. In fact, supposed to be up at Placid 4th of July camping with some friends who have a boat also.