m&j

switches on chapp sig 27

Hello all. New to Power boating just got a signatiure 27 1997 model and am looking for answers as to what each of the switches does before I play too much and mees something up. Under the stearing wheel there are two set of switches the one to the far left is the blower and I'm not sure what nummber but I figured out one or two others too. Is there a picture manual or something I could get or find that would give me the particulars of what the function of each is? I have the manuel that is listed on this web site but it doesn't go into detail or give location of the toggle switches and ther functions.

Thanks

M&J

Hey M&J -

I don't own one of these, but a list of what the switches are labeled, we should be able to help you out..

Welcome to the forums!

You won't mess anything up by trying out the switches. Make sure your battery switches are all on when you test each switch. One is probably your nav/anchor light, possibly a two position rocker switch. Forward/down all nav lights, backward/down, anchor light only. Another might be your switch activated bilge pump. Another your wiper. My point is that you will not hurt anything by trying out all the switches, but after activating one at a time, look around and listen. You will likely figure out what each one does very quickly. Good luck.

We have a 2000 Sig 240 and on it the switches are labeled with little symbols and words. Suggestion, draw a diagram of the layout. As you throw each switch, label its use on the diagram. I still throw the wrong switch at times. I do plan to put some refective tape on the horn switch. I need to know which one that is without thinking. You can use a little label maker machine to make stick-on labels to identify each switch or you can buy a set of ready-made stick-on labels. They're inexpensive. Hy

Don't hit the ejector seat switch.

you had to warn them.:haha-7383:

seriously, look in the info section and hopefully there will be some type of owners manual to point you in a direction.