mnchap

Ski Took Hook - proper use

14 posts in this topic

Here's a true newbie question. My past boats never had a ski tow eye on them like my new to me boat. I've always used the trailer hooks on the back. What is the proper way to hook up a ski or tube rope to this eye? I've come up with a couple of ways, but I'm not sure if they are correct. A picture of one hooked up would be really helpful! Thanks in advance for any feedback.

ok no pictures but will give this a try.......take the loop of your rope slip under ski hook on the inside pointing up, then slip loop over thing sticking up, your rope should pull from under tow hook, and rope will not come off..........

ok no pictures but will give this a try.......take the loop of your rope slip under ski hook on the inside pointing up, then slip loop over thing sticking up, your rope should pull from under tow hook, and rope will not come off..........

+1, perfectly explained :boating:

Thanks for the verbal and visual descriptions! I tried it out just as shown by cpm_seattle for tubing this weekend and it worked like a charm!

What if your hook looks more like this one? I know this isn't a great picture, but it's the best I can find that looks like what my boat has. You just throw the loop over it I guess?

DSC00116.sized.jpg

I see what you are saying now. I'm going to try that this weekend! I never knew something so simple could be so complicated...

For yours it would be an over the top, then through the hole to catch the hook.

Also depends on what your pulling.

Ski prob ok. Tube... maybe not. :)