stingtimeboat

Thru Hull Quick and Quiet exhaust system

15 posts in this topic

I have a 2005 SSI 220 w/5.0 MPI 260 hp w/Bravo III.Anybody installed the quick and quiet system,if so plus and minus and cost materials and labor.

Never done this but I would offer the following comments:

1. A "small" engine like your's really isn't going to give that big block sound you may be yearning for with such an exhaust

2. On the cost side I woudl expect several thousand deer

3. You will gain absolutely NO performance, and may even lose some.

4. If it was me, I'd just keep the boat stock, or buy a new boat with a big block and the thru hull all ready there.

Good luck.

Keep an eye out on craigslist and such. I've seen used units for sale as low as $500, then you have to get it installed. Mine was put on a few years back by the previous owner, and it cost him around 1500 deer.

My boat has a 350 Mag and came with factory thru-hull exhaust (no divertors). It sounds GREAT, but I added divertors. It gets very annoying to hold a coversation at cruise with the exhaust droning. Also, I live on a populated lake and do not want to disturb others after dark. You make want to consider those sort of things before installing.

If you're pretty handy, you can piece together used part from eBay for significantly fewer deer. Just research thoroughly before purchasing.

My boat would actually pick up 3-5 MPH when I opened up the captains call. Let it breathe man!!

I have the corsa captains call with side exhaust on a 350 mag and its worth 2 mph at wot opened. The deer figures I see here are low as mine was installed long ago and was close to 4 big deer even back then by the time it was done. other than the "Smiles" your drive will run cooler and your fuel economy should be better

I have a 2005 SSI 220 w/5.0 MPI 260 hp w/Bravo III.Anybody installed the quick and quiet system,if so plus and minus and cost materials and labor.

It was on my boat when I bought it. Dosen't change my performance. Does make me smile.

I haven't noticed a major performance increase with mine, but I never really did a top speed run with it closed. But like others said, it's worth the smile! I keep mine open most of the time unless I'm coming into a quiet marina or at night. The small block still sounds good IMO so I say go for it!

I can't help but like monkeyseaII said. I keep mine open all the time, I'm actually going to try and have mine wired to stay open with switch off and close with switch on. Just have to change springs around. I think!!

Captian call exhaust rocks on open water.

I can't help but like monkeyseaII said. I keep mine open all the time, I'm actually going to try and have mine wired to stay open with switch off and close with switch on. Just have to change springs around. I think!!

Captian call exhaust rocks on open water.

Sorry for such a large picture I'm working on it.

Sorry for such a large picture I'm working on it.

Got it!!!

Good pic. to see exhaust!!! rumble,rumble,rumble

Just for kicks I drove the boat to lunch yesterday instead of my truck. On the way over, I did 4 full throttle runs along the dam with GPS running (one run each way with exhaust open and exhaust closed). I got the EXACT same results for speed and RPM with exhaust open and closed. Of course the grin across my face was alot bigger with exhaust open.

Bottom line: do it for the grin, not the power.

Just for kicks I drove the boat to lunch yesterday instead of my truck. On the way over, I did 4 full throttle runs along the dam with GPS running (one run each way with exhaust open and exhaust closed). I got the EXACT same results for speed and RPM with exhaust open and closed. Of course the grin across my face was alot bigger with exhaust open.

Bottom line: do it for the grin, not the power.

The later exhausts have smaller diameter hosing and outlets. I have the imco performance risers and no diverters or muffling as some of the later exhausts have And the engine is diff from stock which is why I probably see it, but i see both gps and indicated increase open and the acceleration is improved open, Maybe my engine just wants to breathe more, If I am cruising steady 55 and open the exhaust I will see 2 mph increase both gps and indicated. At Table rock a discussion came up about exhaust, I may have prompted it with the exhaust open, I am not sure. But lake patrol had written up a person they knew for a substantial deer fine using a decibal meter and he was only idling, the story went he complained and was told it would have been more if he was at more throttle, evidently they have some discretion.. I still smile when i sneek up on some one ex closed and then open next to them, always gets a head turn

My boat had it installed when I got it. I would never have ordered the system. It does make more noise, big block music actually, which I can't really hear in the boat. I guess guys near the boat hear it. The female types don't care one way or the other. It's just one more thing to fail and need expensive repairs. No speed difference that I have ever detected.

I would much rather have thousands of dollars worth of gas. That I could use.