Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RonJ35

chaparral outboard

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a chaparral with an outboard. I now own a 1992 SL 1900 with a johnson 140. I am looking for info on prop size.

Welcome to the group....... :oregonian_winesmiley:

I've scene pictures of them somebody's gonna answer don't worry. :scratchchin:

matt

Welcome to the group, don't hear much about the outboard boats. I am sure someone will be able to provide some information.

Here is something to think about next time you take her out.

Im looking at buying a 1993 1900 sl with a johnson fast strike outboard 175 hp. im just wondering if any one has had one of these motors and got wondering what the track record with like on them when it comes to maintence. Does the oil injector ever give you any issues etc. thnx Benderpost-44217-0-63119500-1422567843_thumb.j

NEVER EVER let the oil injector get the slightest bit Not being PERFECT. DEATH of the engine is the result.

There is at least 1 filter in the oil lines set up. Check it. Clean it. Oil is normally VERY CLEAN. But things happen. So check, clean or replace.

Some oilers have a small pre tank that needs to be hand filled besides the main tank if the system drains to empty line condition.

Not sure ? Find a great O B mechanic in your area to check the oiling system out. Only real expense.