• Lake Guntersville AL
    • West Point Lake GA
    • Lake Chatuge SC/GA
    • Lake Norman NC
  2. 2. Your vote for SECRU 1 date

• May 19-22 2011
    • May 26-29 2011 (Memoral Day Weekend)
    • June 2-5 2011

I agree with what Dox is saying… This event is just a reason to get out and see new places and meet new people. I think if we try to have tons of these events it just waters (pun intended) them down. I like the idea of having one out west, one in the center and one in the east.

I just hope people do not have a “well if it’s not at my home lake then I’m not going” attitude. I personally think having it here on the coast would be awesome! There are tons of places to stay, tons of great places to raft up, tons of amazing water… just tons of everything. However, I know it would be a long pull for most of you. I mentioned the coast as a location on the first thread; it did not get much interest, so I let it go. I think one of the main reasons for doing this event is to see new places anyway. If you see LKN everyday, I have to believe it would be cool to see some other lakes. If you see Lake Guntersville everyday, then LKN might be a nice change.

I guess what I’m saying is that it would have been cool to see this must interest about the event from the LKN locals before LKN was added. I think we should support the event no matter where it is held even if it’s too far for you to personally pull to. I envisioned the event changing locations every year anyway. Why not get on board with Guntersville this year and say it’s LKN next… or make a commitment to LKN and start planning for Guntersville next. :drink-buddy:

I personally voted for Chatuge but I am equally excited about both LKN and Guntersville. Both are really great lakes and I’ve never seen either of them….and that’s part of the excitement…seeing new places. I guess I just don’t understand all the “I want it at my lake or I’m not going” vibe I’m getting. :glare:

Read the thread about the event out west. They are dong a great job of getting on board with a single location… and they have some really really long pulls.

Let’s be excited about seeing new people, new boats, and new places. :beer-7687-1:

Just my 2cents!

Hey guys.... This thing was supposed to be closed out at the end of this week. I hate that it's 50/50%. I'd love for us all (or almost all) to agree. :drink-buddy:

Trust me. You will never get agreement on something like this. The head organizer just needs to make a decision and go forward with it. Those that can come, will come. Those that cannot, well I guess it will be their loss.

Good luck!! I'm sure it will be a great success.................especially if it is at LKN!! :beer-7687-1:

Nope. Mine stays in the water 24 X 7.

Phil,

Would there be a problem with a large raftup on LKN? I seem to recall some posts in the past about problems in coves and the local marine authorities. There are a lot of LKN boaters and if you add those that trailer in it could be a pretty large group of boats.

Trust me. You will never get agreement on something like this.

I know... but a man can dream can't he?!?!? :thdrinkntypesmili2:

Phil,

Would there be a problem with a large raftup on LKN? I seem to recall some posts in the past about problems in coves and the local marine authorities. There are a lot of LKN boaters and if you add those that trailer in it could be a pretty large group of boats.

We just either have to pick the right place or get a permit. At Aquapalooza this year they had over 850 boats in attendance at the raft-up. It occurred at the 150 bridge. And there would have been more but the weather that day was just not good. The last numbers I heard were more than 850 in the actual raft-up (we were there) and about another 200+ boats just floating around the event. So the lake can definitely handle the traffic if protocols are followed.

If by some miracle LKN does win, what would be a good address to Mapquest so I can get the mileage?

use google maps and just lookup The Boat Rack. That will give you an approximate mileage from your location.

Lake Norman

Thanks Dox, wasn't sure what area of the lake we were talking about. It's 423 miles from my drive way, I can do that if you guys beat guntersville out. :thmadslap-1:

Thanks Dox, wasn't sure what area of the lake we were talking about. It's 423 miles from my drive way, I can do that if you guys beat guntersville out. :thmadslap-1:

573 for me. Piece of cake! :party-happybirthday6:

I think there should be a show of hands, it seems like everytime LKN gets votes, Gunters just seems to stay ahead.

If you click show results, then 'view' beside each vote tally, it'll show you who's voted for what so you can see the 'show of hands'.

I personally voted for Chatuge but I am equally excited about both LKN and Guntersville.

Who voted for: Lake Guntersville AL

cjones5632 , ChrisR , GNMink , John Schneider , birdog , capnken , 4bamafanz , RoyW , Expat , Chief Plasma , JasonMazz , Pickwick264Sunesta , Magnolia II , Maranda Mink

I guess he's more excited for gunters :scratchchin:

I'm ok with Guntersville so don't take what I'm about to imply out of context; however, if you want to weight the poll in your favor at least have the user you created post elsewhere so it doesn't seem so obvious. When you click view and look at who voted then check each of the users profiles and date joined, it is obvious that at least one vote came from a participant created for the sole purpose of weighting the poll.

Hard to say ... some are just Lurkers like to watch but don't say much. :)

Gun: Maranda Mink

WstPt: Veritas Honus'

Lake Chata: Pike

LKN: All Good

Some have only been lurking for a few days...seems a bit dubious IMO.

At any rate, we had a blast on Guntersville in June and I'm sure we'll have a blast again when we raft up.

Some have only been lurking for a few days...seems a bit dubious IMO.

At any rate, we had a blast on Guntersville in June and I'm sure we'll have a blast again when we raft up.

yeah the admins can tell right off since they would have the same IP as someone else.

Anyway.. I had forgotten how close that is to Rainsville. We have a family reunion up there every year.

Grandparents were from Sand Mt. Closer to Geraldine I think.

Who voted for: Lake Guntersville AL

cjones5632 , ChrisR , GNMink , John Schneider , birdog , capnken , 4bamafanz , RoyW , Expat , Chief Plasma , JasonMazz , Pickwick264Sunesta , Magnolia II , Maranda Mink

I guess he's more excited for gunters :scratchchin:

Yea... Chatuge was my choice out of the original 3 options. Guntersville was my second. LKN was added later and I would have been excited to go there. I changed my vote from Chatuge late after the post of mine you coppied. I have to assume that LKN will be the location of choice for 2012. I've heard great things and I really want to check it out! Maybe Chatuge can be year 3. We'll see.

Anyway...

Thanks everyone for your participation. It looks like Guntersville has won the poll. Let's work together to make this the largest and best Chap raft up of 2011. Let's also move the conversation back to pinned thread under boating.