lrp

XDP Drives

Volvos treatment of unhappy customers.  At a premium price difference.  Do you sell Volvo parts & services ?   Predominately ?

5 hours ago, cyclops2 said:

Volvos treatment of unhappy customers.  At a premium price difference.  Do you sell Volvo parts & services ?   Predominately ?

Merc treated them similarly. I'm no Volvo fan, but we need to accept the reality that both companies have made good, average, and terrible products over the years and neither (especially Volvo Penta) give a #%^$&%$ about the custom. Look at this: http://my.boatus.com/consumer/CorrosionBurns.asp

So - I was at a boat dealer a while back - they had a used Regal on their lot with XDP's on it.

(I though for sure these were all gone by now)

I casually asked the dealer if he knew the problems with the Volvo XDP drives and that its next to impossible to get parts for them WHEN they go .....

he just shrugged - said he hadn't but it wouldn't be his problem when they did  - its a used boat ....  :blink:

ya - there's a dealer I'LL NEVER use & warn all my friends about.

I sincerely hope everyone was able to get their XDP problems resolved with Volvo ???

I was looking at a boat once and the owner /Seller repeatedly pointed out fact that the outdrives were new.... Problem was he replaced the XDP's that blew up with new XDP's....  

17 hours ago, Phillbo said:

I was looking at a boat once and the owner /Seller repeatedly pointed out fact that the outdrives were new.... Problem was he replaced the XDP's that blew up with new XDP's....  

That may be why he was selling it. Got the drives cheap, and hoped the buyer does not know the truth about XDP drives...

brick