Maser

Any late model (2008 or newer) 244 Sunesta owners in San Diego area?

Taking a hard look at purchasing a new 244 Sunesta, but also considering Sea Ray 230 Sundeck and Yamaha 242 Limited S.

I've already taken the other two out for a 'test drive', but not the 244. Since Sun Country Marine (Dana Point / Ontario) no longer carry Chapparal, closest dealer with 244 inventory is in Fresno. This is quite far to go for a test drive.

So I was hoping someone on this forum is a local to San Diego 244 owner, and perhaps I could arrange a test ride.

Crossing my fingers,

Maser

As far away as the Fresno dealer is, the ride will be worth it. Neither of the other 2 boats IMO even come close to the ride of the 244. Ride will only be part of the equation; look at the driving position of the Sea Ray 230 Sundeck compared to the 244 Sunesta. Worlds apart...could also ask the Chap dealer for a short viewing of the SR 230 Sundeck vs 244 Sunesta comparison DVD. Probably won't need it once you actually get on the 244, but will help to show even more glaring oversights in SR's design.

As for a jet boat, I've yet to drive one that could stack up to a Chaparral sterndrive model. Don't get me wrong, I think Yamaha makes decent stuff. Just doesn't have the ride, handling, or liveable room of the 244.

Taking a hard look at purchasing a new 244 Sunesta, but also considering Sea Ray 230 Sundeck and Yamaha 242 Limited S.

I've already taken the other two out for a 'test drive', but not the 244. Since Sun Country Marine (Dana Point / Ontario) no longer carry Chapparal, closest dealer with 244 inventory is in Fresno. This is quite far to go for a test drive.

So I was hoping someone on this forum is a local to San Diego 244 owner, and perhaps I could arrange a test ride.

Crossing my fingers,

Maser

I purchased a 2010 SSi 226 from suncountry and wished I had not with respect to the chaparral the interior is nice but the performance is poor with respect to the my old searay

I purchased a 2010 SSi 226 from suncountry and wished I had not with respect to the chaparral the interior is nice but the performance is poor with respect to the my old searay

When you say the performance was poor are you comparing apples - apples? Same size engines - at least close? Alpha drive vs alpha dr., etc.