Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Makolab

Flip down Tv in my 260. Let see what you did.

9 posts in this topic

Since the US decided to switch over to digital signals, my flip down tv doesnt receive any stations. It also has a built in DVD player which sometimes works.

What are all of you others doing for a signal? Did you get the converter box? Replace the tv? Buy a cheapo tv and a seperate dvd player?

Lets get some of your ideas so myself and others with the same entertainment issues can learn from you so we can enjoy our tvs, movies and video games (for the kids) when we are out for the weekend and the sun has gone down...

drinkinBuddies.gif This is what me and the wife do, the entertainment is for the kids.

I'm going to get a 12volt 22in LCD tv with built in digital tuner. Then run the blu-ray player off the 120volt power inverter.

I replaced the 15" factory installed TV/DVD player with a 19" LCD HDTV unit. I ran AUX input cables to a storage compartment opposite the TV on my 290. This is where I can plug in a portable DVD player, or any other audio/video source. Makes for a simple solution to multiple A/V products connecting to the HDTV.

Jeff has the right idea. I plan on installing a 12 volt flat screen TV in our Sig 240. A portable DVD player with battery connection will definitely keep the grandchildren happy. The hassle of a converter box with an sometimes-working DVD is not worth the trouble. Prices of new units have come way down. Hy

My wife think's I went overboard! I replaced our 13" with a 26" wide screen Vizo, Razor Thin. All this on a 276. It really looks good on the back wall, fits like a glove. Just no 12 volt anymore. I figure thats why the gen.

post-112-1292380000_thumb.jpg

I have a 2005 290 with a analogue 17 inch TV/DVD player. Australia has gone high definition digital and I gave up trying to replace the TV because I couldnt even figure out where the TV 12 volt power cable comes from.I found a 12 volt Digital tuner about 4 inches X 4 inches and about 1/2 inch thick. It has a remote control and I was able to tuck it down behind the TV out of site.I currently plug it into the cigarette lighter but am going to wire it in properly.It picks up all the digital channels brilliantly and cost me $90 ,much cheaper than replacing the TV.It is made in China and imported into Australia by a company called Radio Parts.Dont know if the digital signals are the same in the US but my picture is now great and I get every digital channel ( providing I am not up some river surrounded by Cliffs where ther is no reception.)Get on the Web and see if you can find one of these.If they can make them in China for Aussie they sure as #$^% would do it for the US market.

Just had a look on the US market . Go to Xtrons USA .Digital TV receiver unit UT 1.It has the remote control receiver so you can actually "bury" the actual unit from sight,you don't need the antenna and you will also get digital radio!($100 on their Ebay site.)But if the DVD in your TV is IFFY this ain't your solution!

I looked up the Digital TV receiver unit UT 1 and its capable of connecting 2 devices to it. I could buy the thing for TV viewing and I can also get a cheapo 12 volt portable DVD player for the movies. All of this while keeping the tv mounted on the roof and just running and hiding the cables. Could work and for less then $150 which is less then replacing the tv.

Thoughts?? scratchchin.gif

Check out the 12V Naxa NX-555 DVD/HDTV LCD combo. Tons of external connections so you can hook it up to your stereo or multiple screens. Pretty cheap too.

David

Bright Side

Myrtle Beach