Anyone Planning on attending a boatshow

Hey anyone else out there break the winter boredom buy going to the boat shows and teasing the dealers? Going to try and get to the Javits show in NYC this month. Anyone wonder why there seems to be more vendors selling none related boating stuff at the shows even year, the miricle broom guy seems to Clean up at these shows.

Bill

Lady-G Sig 310

Hey anyone else out there break the winter boredom buy going to the boat shows and teasing the dealers? Going to try and get to the Javits show in NYC this month. Anyone wonder why there seems to be more vendors selling none related boating stuff at the shows even year, the miricle broom guy seems to Clean up at these shows.

Bill

Lady-G Sig 310

I always get a set of Sham Wow’s and that flexible rubber tape that fixes everything.

Heading to the Chicago Boat show on Jan. 14th. I love the Chap.., wish and hope they have the premiere, but they probably won't. My second favorite boat that will be there is the Regal 42SC, third is the formula 400sc. All are way out of my pay grade but is nice to look and dream. I hope to find the A12 underwater lights for a good price but I won't hold my breath.

I plan on going to the Javetts show on the 23rd. Our son-in-law and two of the grandsons are supposed to meet me there. He promised our daughter he wouldn't buy a bigger boat there (They presently have a 34' Cruisers.) so he's going just to look around and, as he put it, to "annoy her a little." He doesn't realize it yet, but he'll pay for that comment! It should be fun. Hy

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be at the NY Show on Friday, Jan 21st and the AC Show on Friday, Feb 4th.

I just want to look around, see what's new, smell the fiberglass.

I'm still totally smitten with my 256.

We're heading down to A.C. on the 4th also maybe we'll see you there. We'll probably be there about 4pm.

Possible change of plans. I may go to the Javetts Center show alone on Wednesday or Thursday. We have a different commitment for Sunday, but that isn't firm yet. One way or another, I plan to get to the show. I need to be around some boats and boaters in a warm place. See some of you there, hopefully. Hy

Went to Chicago last Friday. a bit disappointed that I didn't see anything worthy of upgrading to (or dreaming about). However, it is nice to know that what I have sitting in storage makes me happier than what I saw (or didn't see) on the showroom.

Even my boat in the 2011 version was nice but for the prices, I still have more options that were included (tower speakers w/ amp, power slide sun seat, GPS w/ great lakes satellite images, trim tabs, head w/ vacu flush,) etc

Very dissappointed that the underwater light companies only had (1)- deepsea. very bright, very cool, very pricey. I was hoping to see a few companies to directly compare - never know what to believe from the internet pics.

OH YEAH, I noticed the horns still sound like sick ducks, so that is the same

Going to the Minneapolis show on Thursday the 20th. The Chap dealer does not participate so no chance of seeing the 327SSX, but maybe the Monterrey 328 mid-cabin will show. Otherwise just nosing around to clear winter from my brain for a few hours. Forecast is for 7 degress with below zero wind chill. :slap:

I went to the boat show at the Javetts Center on Wednesday. For a change I took the Long Island Railroad into the city, something I almost never do, but 16 deer round-trip was much less than 50 deer for parking plus gas and tolls. The walk from Penn Station to the center was a little rough; next time I think I'll take a cab. The show was a nice break from the winter cold. The free rum tasting definitely helped warm up the day! I got to speak to a few people with whom I've only communicated on a different boating forum, and got to look at some cool boats. The only thing I bought was an inexpensive (all right, cheap) set of knives for the galley. A few interesting things: The Chaparral display was for Chaparral itself - represented by three regional dealers, not for just the one dealer from Long Island; the layout of the show was in the shape of a giant U with the center section closed off. One had to walk through a back-hall arrangement to reach the second half of the show; a little weird. In all, there were fewer boats and vendors than there used to be, say, five years ago. There was nothing downstairs or upstairs and little in the lobby. Someone I know at West Marine told me that one of the reasons there are fewer displays and smaller displays is the Javetts Center/union rules for setting up and tearing down displays are ridiculous. The costs for hanging a banner (10k deer) or running an extension cord (1k deer), for example, are exhorbitant. One gentleman I spoke to told me that, because of the costs, his company is considerring shifting to the boat show at the Nassau Colosium next year, skipping NYC altogether. NYC and the Javetts Center better start to re-examine the costs in running shows there or they're going to lose the NY Boat Show altogether. All in all, a good day indoors on a cold winter day.

I went yesterday, which was a change for us having gone the last two years on Saturdays. Definitely recommend during the week, no lines for any of the boats which made it very enjoyable. We condensed our time at the show to approx 4 hours, and boarded every boat we wanted with time to spare. Typical vendor displays, which we spent only a little time going through.

Boats were terrific, loved the new 330 Chap. Was hoping for the new 350, 370, or the elusive 420 though! Worked our way over to the Formula section - very nice! I thought they had terrific pricing on the 37PC, at 300 large herd of deer. Really liked the 45' yacht!!!! What a beauty. Very unimpressed with SeaRay, liked the 42' Regal, liked the 42' CruisersYachts. Silverton had a very impressive 39' flybridge, with IMO a very attractive price.

Wasn't even thinking about trading for a new boat, was really hoping to see more options with u/w lighting. I think there was 2 options, but as I mentioned in another post looking to kill fewer deer for that project.

All together, nice day spent in NYC instead of a typical winter day in the northeast.

:beer-7687-1:

The first weekend of the Dallas show is the same wekend as the super bowl. I am going to try and go and see what is new in boating. Should be a better show than the one that will be going on in Jerry's house.

I attended the NYC boat show today (Friday). Thay had:

330 Sig

270 Sig

287 Ssx Carbon / 8.2 (what used to be the 276 Ssx) for 114 deer

264 Sun / 8.2 for 105 deer

246 Ssi

224 Xtr

196 Ssi

IMO, the Chap show deals, while good, weren't nearly as deeply discounted as were Cobalt, Monterey, Regal, Sea Ray, or even Formula for that matter.

-> There was a Formula 270BR / 8.2 for 95 deer (compare to the 287 Ssx).

-> There was a Cobalt 276 / 8.2 for 109 deer (compare to the 287 Ssx).

BTW, I'm not a fan of the new 'pickle fork' Chaparrals. I'll keep my 256 Ssi, thank you very much.

Have you ever noticed when you go to a boat show you can tell the boaters from the non-boaters by the shoes they wear?

We went to the NYC show today, I will never go to the show again on a Sunday lets just say it was not the best experience I had at a show. Only managed to get on 3 boats and they had not really changed anything on them over the last few years, none of the "if I ever win lotto" manufacturers were there. The show was not nearly as good as 4 years ago. We did see the new 330 loved the hardtop. All I can say is after looking at some of the new offerings from various manufacturers it makes me love our current boat a 2007 310 even more.

Bill

Lady-G Sig 310

We went to the NYC boat show on Saturday.

My opinion on the new 330 is as follows: The cockpit was very nice. The hardtop design with the walk-thru window was awesome - best of all manufacturers. However, we felt the cabin was a disappointment. Didn't like the forward power bed, the aft cabin size, the galley layout, the lack of storage and I still can't get over the price tag!

Not very impressed with the other manufacturers either.

Dave,

I do not want to say too much about the rest of the 33 except that I was only impressed with the Hardtop a really nice feature that could add a few weeks to the season here on Long Island. Too bad chap does not offer a hardtop refit for my 2007 I'd jump on that. Really cold here today My wife and I went to the town of hempstead bay constible to get claming permits. I saw that some Ice is forming in the bays and channels I have not seen that is a few years now.

Bill

Lady-G 310 sig