Sign in to follow this  
Menwa

Boat Repair

Good day.

My husband and I just bought a 1999 Chaparral 2130 Sport Limited Edition that needs some MAJOR TLC. The boat will need to have the gel coat completely redone as well as a few small fiberglass patches. I wanted to know if anybody here can suggest a good shop to do the work.

We have one Chaparral dealer here in Austin but I do not want to limit myself just to the dealer.

Thanks in advance!

Just be aware, there are boat yards filled with orphan boats that need MAJOR TLC. They just need MAJOR MONEY. :o

But remember...it's not the destination, it's the journey. ;)

Welcome to the forum and to the Vintage boat club. (totally unofficial ) hee hee...

We enjoy our 2130, rides great, turns on a dime.

Make sure you check out the brochures and info part of the forum. Lots of goodies and some BIG pdf files.

-cp

But remember...it's not the destination, it's the journey. wink.gif

Also remember that at times it may feel like this is the road you're travelling down:

720Rocky20trail1.jpg

rolleyes.gif

Start a thead of your own and post some pics!

Good luck!

I haven't done any repair in Austin, but bought the Chap and have it serviced at the one chap dealer, Skidock, and have zero complaints with them. I can't personally recommend any, but don't go to any place in Killeen.

A google search http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=1436&bih=693&q=austin+boat+repair+reviews&aq=1v&aqi=g1g-v2&aql=f&oq=austin+boat+rep might help you out. Good luck, and if you find a good place let us know where it is

Hi All,

Thanks for the tip on contacting the local marinas. Never thought of that, yet it was so logical.

Chief Plasma, do you have a '99 sport? Last night when we finally got a chance to start working on the boat, all the wiring from the battery to the starter fell apart. We have a wiring diagram for the boat but it is the basic diagram without all the added goodies, such as the battery shut off and such. Long story short, we are looking at a pile of corroded wires and have no idea where to turn to rebuild.

Chief Plasma, if your boat is a '99 sport, or if anybody on this forum has a '99 sport, could you take a picture of your motors wiring so that we can have a point of reference.

When the weather dries up I will go out and snap some photo's and start a thread with our progress through the boats re-hab.