Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rob

Closest Dealer to So Cal

14 posts in this topic

Has anyone heard if Chap plans to open a dealer in the So Cal or Las Vegas area? According to the Dealer Locator the closet Chap dealer is in Madera, CA. That is 5 hours from me. Yikes. That can't be good for business.

+1. I have raised this topic before as well. At least until a dealer gets established they should set up a repair facility for those of us without any dealers close by. I vote for Las Vegas area AND Orange County. Two big markets that Chap is losing share in......GR

isn't Suncountry Marine in Ontario and Dana Point a Chappy Dealership?

Not anymore. Sun Country is now a Sea Ray dealership.

That is true that we are now a Sea Ray dealer. However, we can still order parts for your Chaparral and provide warranty work through them. We are Volvo and Mercury certified so powertrain related issues can still be performed here. Those issues do not go through Chaparral.

That is true that we are now a Sea Ray dealer. However, we can still order parts for your Chaparral and provide warranty work through them. We are Volvo and Mercury certified so powertrain related issues can still be performed here. Those issues do not go through Chaparral.

How much longer will you be able to provide Chaparral parts?

Closest to me in Vegas is Phoenix. You have the Colorado River, Lake Mead, Lake Mohave and Lake Havasu w/ no Chaparral dealer? There is a big black hole in the southwest U.S. Anybody listen?

We can provide parts for atleast 10 more years...

You wouldn't happen to have any dust covered boxes in the bowels of your parts dept to find me a few pieces for a 91 1600SL would you? :captain:

Why would a dealer who dropped Chaparral for Sea Ray be interested in servicing your Chap? I would think that their current customers (Sea Ray and what ever lines they are carrying now) would be first in line for service. They may have mechanics that can repair Merc or Volvo, but so do a lot of other service centers....I use an independent service center in San Pedro that is both Volvo and Merc certified for warranty and out of warranty work, and they are great. If you are interested in the contact info, PM me.

And you did see where the poster said that they could ORDER parts for Chap, not that they had any IN STOCK. This would be dependent on Chaparral's willingness to sell parts to a dealer who dropped Chap and is no longer a Chap dealer....

Just IMHO......

:drink-buddy:

Why would a dealer who dropped Chaparral for Sea Ray be interested in servicing your Chap? I would think that their current customers (Sea Ray and what ever lines they are carrying now) would be first in line for service. They may have mechanics that can repair Merc or Volvo, but so do a lot of other service centers....I use an independent service center in San Pedro that is both Volvo and Merc certified for warranty and out of warranty work, and they are great. If you are interested in the contact info, PM me.

And you did see where the poster said that they could ORDER parts for Chap, not that they had any IN STOCK. This would be dependent on Chaparral's willingness to sell parts to a dealer who dropped Chap and is no longer a Chap dealer....

Just IMHO......

The best reason for them to want to service your chap is to build a reputation with you. Then when it comes time for you to buy a new boat they will be there. Just my :Twocents:

The reason we have a 10 year parts guaranty with Chaparral is to make sure that the customers we have sold boats to over the years are still taken care of in the manner in which they deserve. It is less important to us what kind of boat you are in but that you are enjoying your time on the water and well taken care of. There is no prejudice towards any brand of boat. All of our customers are important to us, and the next time you are in the market for a boat you might give us a chance to earn your business.