Launching the week of April 4th

We typically can't launch until around May 1st. Hopefully we'll have an early Spring (the groundhog said so), and then maybe we can launch mid to late April. The cool/cold temps won't bother me, just put the heat on!

• 1 month later...

Shooting for Late-April in Vermont! Temps in 60s-70's the next couple of days. Melt baby melt!

+1. Lake is still frozen, but with these temps it looks like its thinning out...

I just pushed our launch date back from next week to the middle of next month! There's just too much to do at home and on the boat to get everything ready. The weather's been so crazy lately that I'm not really that much in a hurry to splash; the boat would probably just sit in the slip. We have commitments almost every weekend for the next three weeks and the semester is over the second week in May. I still have to do exams, even though my students would rather I didn't. I was going to wash and begin waxing the boat today, but, of course, it's raining. The same is due tomorrow. After that, the earliest I could do anything on the boat is next Thursday. Who says semi-retired people have lots of free time? Stay safe. Hy

About 60 miles north of New York City (near Danbury, CT) and uncovered, changed all the fluids, made repairs / upgrades and started her up this past weekend. Darn, that 454 sounds sweet. Keeping close eye on weather forecasts for temperatures (to be ready to drain the water if need be), but trees are all budded up, flowers coming up and got the bug real bad to put her in and give her a run on the lake, at least, for a pre-season check out so I can make any other repairs before season actually begins. I guess it's the best reason to keep her on the trailer instead of at a slip.

Got Launched April First. Was loading the boat when that storm hit last night. Lightning, Thunder and heavy rain. Got some caulking to do noticed water in my Arch lights. Still better than sitting home while my wife watches real housewives.

Bill

Lady-G Sig 310

Bill: Isn't it fun being on the water when the lightning strikes? It's enough to age you a few years. Next Wednesday afternoon, the Admiral's planning on meeting her sister and niece, who will be from California, at one of the malls for a "ladies' day" and shopping. Sounds good to me! That gives me some time to wash and start waxing the boat. Now, of course, that assumes it won't rain next Wednesday. There's no rain forecast,and we know how accurate the weather forecasts are around here. I can only hope and prepare. The rest is out of my hands. Smooth sailing. Hy

I am going to try to finish up the getting the boat squared away this weekend. Water systems have to be flushed out, Hot water heater needs to be hooked back up. Deck carpet cleaned and put down Caulking around Running lights and TV antenna if the weather holds I hope to get the Dinghy launched this weekend and go for a little ride bouys are not in yet After this years storms I do not trust my routes will keep me out of the sand. Then its on to getting the yard ready for better weather.

Bill

Lady-G Sig 310