Futzin'

220 SSi Club

139 posts in this topic

It seems as though the past year has seen several new members with 220s join the forum. Since spring is just around the corner and the model is no longer offered, I thought it would be a good time to see just how many of us there are. So lets hear from the 'big enough, small enough' boat crowd.

Whatcha got?

Mine's a 2006 with Merc 350MAG/B3 and about 450 hrs with all options except tower speakers. Black wide band, of course!

PICT0544.jpg

DSCF3739.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

#2!

2006 / Volvo-Penta 270HP 5.0 / Red wide band with about 150 hours here.

Not many mods, but planning on a dual battery install and Smartabs install this year.

Your description is right on...not too big and not too small. Its great for our family of 4. Plenty of room for taking friends along and still have your own space!

2008 w/ 350 Mag/Alpha 1, just acquired last October with 28 hours. Will mostly be trailering to a number of inland lakes in SE MI with as many trips "Up North" as we can get in(Torch, Elk, Burt and Mullet lakes and Grand Traverse Bay).

Love the size, ride, power and especially the ESP. :wub:

Planned projects:

Change aluminum dash panels to wood.

Add side bunk guides to trailer.

Add dual battery setup.

Considering trim tabs. Not sure if they're needed?

Settle on name(Lake Effect, Siempre Sabado or No Trouble) :scratchchin:

DSC03199.jpg

DSC03189.jpg

DSC03192.jpg

Forgot to count off: #4 I guess.

2006 with 330 hours, Smart Tabs, a wonderful Admiral, and a very economical 5.0 MPI. UPS to deliver SeaDek today, but installation will be delayed until warmer weather.

2ba6ae13.jpgJust arrived.

0ea493e4.jpg100_4014.jpg100_4015.jpg

Edited by RoyW

2004 with Volvo 5.0GXi SX. This will be second summer, approaching 150 hrs. Added smart tabs last July 4th, and 18P Enertia prop early fall.

Here's my 1st try posting a video...

th_MVI_1142_WMVV9_001.jpg

Looking forward to spring!

On a boat aS

2008 w/ 350 Mag/Alpha 1, just acquired last October with 28 hours. Will mostly be trailering to a number of inland lakes in SE MI with as many trips "Up North" as we can get in(Torch, Elk, Burt and Mullet lakes and Grand Traverse Bay).

Planned projects:

Add dual battery setup.

On a boat as cool as that I would go for a carbon effect dash not wood. WQood is so naff.

Love the boat and trailer wish we could buy them to match like that it just looks so smart.

Love my SSI 220 ... I actually "traded down" from a SSI 256 and have not regretted it at all ( except on very rough days). The 220 handles great, is easy on fuel, tows like a champ and handles a big crowd with ease. With 10 teens and adults on board we can tow large tubes all day long in comfort.

It to me is the classic runabout and the perfect lake boat.

Blue Idea

SSI 220 5.0 Volvo MPI SX drive

Lake Murray, SC

Noticed it was your first post KD. Welcome aboard and hope you find the forum to your liking. The legion of owners are very interesting. RomanLegion.gif

I am on my 2nd 220SSI. Do I count as 2?

First was a 2002.

Current boat is a 2005 220 SSI

350MAG MPI B3/2.0 with 24's

Lab finished props

New Dimension Tower w/ intergrated bimini, racks and tubbies

Stereo upgrade (speakers, subs and amps)

3rd stereo remote

Satellite radio

2nd battery

On-board battery charger

Planned projects:

Add dual battery setup.

On a boat as cool as that I would go for a carbon effect dash not wood. WQood is so naff.

Love the boat and trailer wish we could buy them to match like that it just looks so smart.

Thanks for the carbon dash panel idea. Had to look up the word naff. Found it in the urban dictionary as British slang.

Yes, I'm pretty lucky with the trailer. The matching paint and graphics really sets it off. I get many compliments at the gas pump.

Still deciding on the name...

lgarripee

How often are you in the Burt Lake during the summer. That is a beautiful area to boat. I'm usually there 3 to 4 time per season.

lgarripee

How often are you in the Burt Lake during the summer. That is a beautiful area to boat. I'm usually there 3 to 4 time per season.

Agreed. Probably once this summer. We'll spend most of our time over on Elk and Torch Lakes.

I will be there for the July 4th weekend. If you are in the area let me know so we can meet up for drinks at the Inn Between.

I will be there for the July 4th weekend. If you are in the area let me know so we can meet up for drinks at the Inn Between.

;)

I think that I am #7....

2003 220ssi, 350 mag, B3. Hopefully I will convince the admiral to let me add the corsa exhaust, but a new dimension tower is on the horizon sooner.

Clay

Nice collection, gents! However, my Kentucky math has us at ten members so far. Really cool that brick has owned two of them and Blue Idea moved down in size with no regrets. That really says something about the 220, I think.

Also, I'm curious if any of the 220 Club has any interest if a different boat and what it might be.

I love my 220.....it is the perfect trailer boat. We put a lot of hours on it at Lake Powell, and it takes the rougher water up there with no issues. If I had to pick a different boat (and one is in the not so distant future) it would be a 290 cruiser. I will never get rid of the 220, but the time has come to create a fleet. I want a 290 to stay on the water with and use the 220 just for playing.

Next in line in my 2002 220SSi. 350 Mag, Corsa Exhaust, Aerial tower, Infinity 475 Amp, twin tower speakers & soon to come...10" sub.