Futzin'

220 SSi Club

I'm one of the newer members of the 220ssi club. Got picked her up last April. 2008 220ssi Bravo III.

I'd love to hear back from you RoyW once you get those SeaDek's installed. I've had my eye on those, but wanted to hear more opinions about the durability of the adhesive.

I am also in need of a full cover. I have a bimini top and she folds down, but I'm reading that the Custom Covers are too tight to allow even that. Any experience with that?

Wow, Jaydub, I am diggin' on the color! What does Chap call that?

Verry nice.

Chap man1974, a 220 and a 290. That's a Sweet Fleet! :drool5:

We're up to 12, I believe. Dontcha love em?

I'm one of the newer members of the 220ssi club. Got picked her up last April. 2008 220ssi Bravo III.

I'd love to hear back from you RoyW once you get those SeaDek's installed. I've had my eye on those, but wanted to hear more opinions about the durability of the adhesive.

I am also in need of a full cover. I have a bimini top and she folds down, but I'm reading that the Custom Covers are too tight to allow even that. Any experience with that?

I am actually at lake right now and would like to go out, pull her out, and apply the SeaDek. But it is fairly nice but too nippy to do my Spring cleaning and the attachments. I will wait for a few weeks to make sure the surface is perfectly clean and the temps above 70. I will post pics when I complete the job.

On your second point, I have a definite opinion. Do not order a cover by mail, buy one out a box or any other choice except for getting one custom made where they actually drape & cut for your boat and your preferences. I have owned the wrong kind for five years but I am in the process of correcting the problem with a local canvas shop. My new mooring cover that is good for traveling, easy to put on, equipped with side mounted pulleys that are positioned between my bimini supports, has air vents, Velcro vents and inside support poles for fore and aft, etc. For 900 deer I will no longer be angry, will travel better, and my life will be better.

Bottom line (IMO) -- only custom made to your requirements. :beer-7687-1:

I am actually at lake right now and would like to go out, pull her out, and apply the SeaDek. But it is fairly nice but too nippy to do my Spring cleaning and the attachments. I will wait for a few weeks to make sure the surface is perfectly clean and the temps above 70. I will post pics when I complete the job.

On your second point, I have a definite opinion. Do not order a cover by mail, buy one out a box or any other choice except for getting one custom made where they actually drape & cut for your boat and your preferences. I have owned the wrong kind for five years but I am in the process of correcting the problem with a local canvas shop. My new mooring cover that is good for traveling, easy to put on, equipped with side mounted pulleys that are positioned between my bikini supports, has air vents, Velcro vents and inside support poles for fore and aft, etc. For 900 deer I will no longer be angry, will travel better, and my life will be better.

Bottom line (IMO) -- only custom made to your requirements. :beer-7687-1:

You're lucky to even be able to see your boat. I'm in Central Wisconsin with 8-14" of ice on every body of water. It'll be at least another 6 weeks before I can even consider pulling it out of winter storage.

That's not a bad price compared to the semi-custom covers I've been shopping for. I think you just saved me a lot of aggravation and wasted deer. Thank you!

OK so I thought Jaydub's boat was rust or copper colored. The admiral advised me it was red then I remembered Chap's red is a bit odd (esp. the canvas).

:thdrinkntypesmili2:

I know we have some more active 220 owners around here. Who's to be lucky 13?

I have you at number 9, and while I don't think we can count you twice (having owned two 220s!), I think we can safely say you're twice the 220 owner as the rest of us!!

Thanks for counting for me. I didn't have my shoes off...

You're lucky to even be able to see your boat. I'm in Central Wisconsin with 8-14" of ice on every body of water. It'll be at least another 6 weeks before I can even consider pulling it out of winter storage.

That's not a bad price compared to the semi-custom covers I've been shopping for. I think you just saved me a lot of aggravation and wasted deer. Thank you!

I have my new mooring/travel cover and will post pics when I get back home. My connection at the lake is way too slow (hate AT&T). I really like it and it's features. Black of course as to match the wide stripe.

Still have not installed SeaDek because of the temps - mid 60s. I hope to this weekend but it does not look promising. May have to watch BB.

Home from the lake and finished with the installation of the SeaDek and playing with my new mooring/travel cover for the first time.

Happy to answer any questions.

6525da46.jpgcbdc5a84.jpgae181ff3.jpg

06824e17.jpgc2eab4aa.jpgd39d0430.jpg

Roy, looks great. Did you go with the template SeaDek has on their website for the 220 or make your own? Does it cover all the cross hatching? I've been seriously considering one but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Roy, looks great. Did you go with the template SeaDek has on their website for the 220 or make your own? Does it cover all the cross hatching? I've been seriously considering one but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Template - I went with the updated template that Futzin' submitted to SeaDek that had minor adjustments. I also spoke on the phone with the order taker, shop boss, and format person to make sure there was no chance of a misunderstanding. The pads they sent covered the cross-hatch perfectly and I remain pleased with the measurements on file. If you pull the trigger, and if we have the same platform which is like Futzin's, then the measurements should be good.

Only one problem I had concerned the carpet snaps on the starboard entry to the cockpit and the step down into the cockpit. I have the pads for those two spots BUT there are snaps there. I don't know how to remove the snaps and so I have not completed the project. I looked underneath the engine hatch and the sound proofing covers whatever is underneath the floor board. The step down is starboard of the storage area in the engine compartment. I am sure someone will inform me that it is not a problem and to just do the following ...... However, tools and adventures beyond my expertise is not my thing. I didn't want to gamble. Easy solution is predictable, but I don't know the "easy" solution.

ed391c72.jpgcbdc5a84.jpg

I could just leave the carpet there and take the $ hit for ordering, but I anticipate finding the answer and installing the last two pieces.

Add another member to the list. 2001 220ssi with 300+ hours on it. Getting it ready to get back on the water if the weather is good this weekend. I have been checking out the tower pics of Jaydub, Futzin, and Brick. I want to add a tower this year or next, now I don't know which one to get.

That's a great looking cover. Can you point in the direction you acquired it from? Or was it a local manufacturer? Did they have covers that came down to cover the side color band? I really like how it covers the platform.

That's a great looking cover. Can you point in the direction you acquired it from? Or was it a local manufacturer? Did they have covers that came down to cover the side color band? I really like how it covers the platform.

I used a small, local shop on Table Rock Lake that has been making covers for over twenty years. They do the initial measurements, then take the boat in their shop, and do what you want them to do BUT they ask all the right questions. This was really helpful in that their experience was available to tap if a person wanted to listen. They have pics on the wall of Cobalts, Formulas, Regals, $hit Rays, and others. I wanted a vented, mooring cover that provided an ease of use/installation on a lift, in a slip but was also good for highway use. They had heard it before so they asked all the right questions. Sandbags for storage and straps for towing using a protected and reinforced panel.

I finally made the move because I needed a new cover and what Toddler and MPM had repeatedly stated on the forum.

Looking good, Roy! I like the cover. How goes it so far with it?

The Seadek looks good, too. How was the install?

Install was actually much easier than I anticipated. I did it by myself, but there were a couple of times a third hand would have been helpful.

Cover really looks promising but I haven't gone on a road trip yet to check everything out.

Hey guys, I'm probably the newest kid on the block - I'm picking up my new-to-me '03 220 SSi WT tomorrow! Ive been looking around the forum for a little while but this is my first foray into 'real' boating. I just moved down to sunny FL a few months ago and I'm looking forward to spending some good times on the water. Once I acquaint myself with the finer points of posting pictures on here, I'll be sure to show off my newest investment. Anyway, keep the good advice and pictures coming!

P.S. I guess that makes me lucky #13!

Hey guys, I'm probably the newest kid on the block - I'm picking up my new-to-me '03 220 SSi WT tomorrow! Ive been looking around the forum for a little while but this is my first foray into 'real' boating. I just moved down to sunny FL a few months ago and I'm looking forward to spending some good times on the water. Once I acquaint myself with the finer points of posting pictures on here, I'll be sure to show off my newest investment. Anyway, keep the good advice and pictures coming!

Congrats on your new to you boat. Hope you have many many hours of trouble free boating this summer. Also welcome to the Chaparral family and to the forum.

Cheers

Bazz :beer-7687-1:

2004 220Ssi w 5.0 Merc V8, about 180 hours. Blue trim. Installed second battery, also added RAM mount for fish finder and GPS. When on Lake Michigan, GPS is linked to VHF radio. Now mostly running boat on Lake Wisconsin, just north of Madison. Next upgrade I'd like to do is to add camper canvas, also need to replace custom made full length cover (with snaps) used for towing or outdoor storage.

Welcome aboard!

Hey guys. I just bought a 2003 220 SSi WT with 5.0Merc/B3 setup earlier this month. Had the wife and kids out for the first ride a couple weeks ago. Now waiting for rain to quit and warmer weather again.

I'm shopping for lifts (floating dock). Any recommendations? And what exactly is the weight of this boat? The 2003 catalog says "approx 3650" but doesn't specify what the standard power package was at that time. I have a few friends that really think she weighs more that and are suggesting I upgrade from 4400# to 6600# lift.

Thanks. #14

Hey guys. I just bought a 2003 220 SSi WT with 5.0Merc/B3 setup earlier this month. Had the wife and kids out for the first ride a couple weeks ago. Now waiting for rain to quit and warmer weather again.

I'm shopping for lifts (floating dock). Any recommendations? And what exactly is the weight of this boat? The 2003 catalog says "approx 3650" but doesn't specify what the standard power package was at that time. I have a few friends that really think she weighs more that and are suggesting I upgrade from 4400# to 6600# lift.

Thanks. #14

Don't want to step on any toes here only having a little 210(220 really only has larger ESP and interior touches) but for point if reference I have mine on a 6000 lb HydraHoist. You have to remember the actual weight of the lift and figure that into the dry weight of the boat. I maxed the smaller lift with mine and had the marina switch it out for the larger one. A 220 is heavier, hope that helps.