Futzin'

220 SSi Club

Mine is 5400lbs on a steel galvanized trailer. I figure about 1000-1200 lbs for the trailer which leaves around 4400-4200 or so for the boat. I can't recall how much gas was on there, but I keep it around 1/2 tank.

My 2004 220 is on a 6600lb Hydrohoist. I think the higher capacity lift floats it higher and might raise it faster. The bottom of the skeg sits several inches above the water. I think the price was not too much more than the 4400lb model.

DCS_6707.jpg

DCS_8384.jpg

My 220 SSi weighs 5640 lbs on the trailer. Thats with full gas. Take off 1200 lbs for the trailer, and boat weight is 4440 lbs.

Go with the higher capacity lift.

brick

I just picked up a 2002 5.0L Merc MPI in October. Absolutely love it. Best decision I made considering the other boats I was looking at.

Quick question, what prop would you guys recommend for this setup. I am still fairly new to this so any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated. I know I will probably have to try a few different ones but i am just looking for a starting point. Thanks.

My boat has a 350 Mag and Alpha One. The prop is a 4 blade stainless steel Mercury Marine Revolution 4 48-857024A46 17P. I get about 49 MPH (on the GPS) at 4650 RPM. I thought about making it a spare and getting something that would get me closer to 4800 RPM's. Both prop guys I talked to said it's a darn good prop for this boat unless I just really want to run that many RPM's or need to get out of the hole faster. Since hole shot is no problem I decided to keep it.

When I bought my boat in 2009, it had a 14.75 x 19P Viper SS propeller. Only turned 4400 rpm at WOT. Last October I got a 18P mercury Enertia and it now turns about 4800 - 4900 rpm, and has better hole-shot. Top end about the same I think. Had to put away for the winter shortly after getting the new prop, so I'm looking forward to this summer to really get a feel for the performance differences.

General FYI, Volvo drives need Mercury adapter 835270Q1.

Enertia01.jpg

2003 220 SSI 350 Mag MPI Bravo III going into our 6th season and still love it. Great use of space, well built, lots of storage, etc...

followed advice to 'buy your second boat first' and have never regretted it.

BoatandSeaDoos7-09.jpg

Not the first on the water this year, but today I was the happiest 220 skipper on Table Rock. Two hours of what I hope will be 100 hours this year. :thsmilie_water_119-1:

I really like that color combo Justified. Very sharp.

Thanks much - pretty good lookin' ride yourself!

We sure have created a lot of great memories with family and friends. This boat 'lives' so very well. Great storage, space and ride. We're definitely spoiled!

By the way, that tubing wipe out you have a pic of in your signature looks like it might have had a pretty good 'cleansing' effect! Colonics anyone!? Ouch!

It was actually more of a tumbling across the water event before I finally sank! My wife's timing with the camera proved to be pretty accurate that day.

I agree with you on the space issue. We're real happy with the lay out and in fact, that's one of the things that sold us on it.

Another 220 ssi owner, newbie to this site, 2005 350mag/BravoIII ,Blue in color, mostly on the Missouri river from Omaha to Vermillion SD. And few trips to LOTO and hopefully Table Rock this August

Looking forward gaining knowledge from this forum. OD

Happy Husker

Welcome to the family. The 220 is a great boat. I hope you have many many years of trouble free boating.

Oh can you post some pics of your 220. I know we all love to view pics of Chaps. So please post.

Cheers

Bazz

It was actually more of a tumbling across the water event before I finally sank!

We call that a Tennessee River Enema. You get one whether you like it or not.

Very cool, guys. By my count we're up to 19 members! Looking for pwrcat to be #20 with his purchase.

I believe we have enough to have a "CHAPARRAL 220SSI RAFT-UP"!

Very cool, guys. By my count we're up to 19 members! Looking for pwrcat to be #20 with his purchase.

I believe we have enough to have a "CHAPARRAL 220SSI RAFT-UP"!

Sounds like the first step to me!

Count me in guys picking her up next wk 2004 220 SSi SWEET, you all have me totally hyped about these boats, going to love it compared to my 95 Crownline 202!!!!!!!

Roy W, could you give us a idea what kind of deer that awsome covering on the back put you out, it looks great!!!

My tot535al bill for the entire package which included the step down. Since I have carpet & snaps, I probably should have saved a little by not getting two of the pieces. Definitely get the ESP pads and the back deck pads though. I am on the iPad at the lake and getting photo bucket is a pain but picks of my finished product with one piece of carpet still visible is posted earlier in this thread I believe. I have not decided what I am going to do with last two pieces.

You & yours will thoroughly enjoy the 220.

This thread has me excited to pick up my 220 in 2 weeks.

2002 220 with a modified 300HP 5.0L and Duoprop. 4 hours on the motor and 120 hours on the boat.

We've named her "Summer Fling" because my wife says I'm already treating her as a mistress and have the decals made up to be placed on the back of the ESP.

I will update with pics from the first day on the water!

post-11761-1304780000_thumb.jpg

Add me, add me!

Mine is a 2003 200ssi, 5.7Mag, Alpha 1. About 320 hours and quite pretty, white with conservative gray stripe. Bought her from the SeaRay dealer on a hot trade last fall. I called him to talk about a really pretty Super Air Natique (I thought it was used, but it turns out he was looking for about 90,000 deer! It's still there, too.), he talked me in to this one. Now I'd never even consider SR... His loss!

Holy upgrade from the 1990 Capri 2050 5.0 Carb that I struggled to get the Admiral in to for the previous 2 years! (Was aptly named Beerliner)

We call this one "Booty Collector".

Love this boat. This year we are concentrating on stereo upgrades and dual batteries. Just added the Alpine X305 deck (MUST HAVE for iPhone owners). Speaker upgrades are a maybe, but amps and possibly a sub or two are high on the list.

Hey Everyone. First newbie post. Considering buying a 2004 220 ssi with the walk through transom, 5.7 Gi VP/SX. This would be my first boat - though I'm not without boating experience. Is this "too much boat" for a first boat? I'm wondering about handling, docking, maneuvering, maintaining, etc. The other boat I'm considering is a 2006 Regal 1900 - much shorter, but just about as wide, with a 4.3 GXi VP/Sx. I've read "buy your second boat first" and "two foot-itis", but I've also read "start small" even if it's just for a year to learn. Seems like they are both great boats. I think the 220 would be great when the kids get bigger, but the 1900 is really all we "need" right now. Any words of biased or unbiased wisdom from the 220 crew?