Futzin'

220 SSi Club

Yeah, I was super impressed with the boat on my test ride. As odd as it might sound, I'm really looking for better slow speed performance (primarily a lower plane speed) for simply cruising with the kids - we're on a smallish lake with a 30 MPH speed limit. Pretty eager to get the purchase done. Which model smart tabs are you guys using? I looked at the application chart on the Nauticus website and it doesn't show one for 22' and more than 240 hp.

Take a look at this thread... Nauticus Smart Tabs

Welcome aboard. Where are you boating because the background is magnificent? Keep active on the board. I have found the 220 owners the highest caliber of Chap owners. :thththsoapbox2-1:

Good people. The rest are okay too.

Thx. We have a cabin on Cascade Lake in South Central ID. Although we are moving to Bozeman, MT, which it will be nice to explore MT's lakes.

Take a look at this thread... Nauticus Smart Tabs

Thanks for the heads up on the thread. I contacted nauticus support and they recommended the 80# synthetic model. Not so sure after reading the thread - seems there is consensus on the 60#. The boat also has a Vensura prop which the Mercury website claims promotes good "bow lift". I might be confusing the apparently positive/intended bow lift with what I consider to be a negative - bow rise in the hole shot and a pretty high bow angle in plane. Tabs still seem to make sense to lower the general plane speed though.

T-minus 1 day. Pick up my first boat tomorrow. It's an Atlantic Blue 2004 220 SSi, 5.7 Gi VP/SX. Getting pretty anxious. Spent some money at West Marine today in anticipation.

My 220 planes at 2200 RPM and 14MPH. It has the Merc B3 (twin prop) drive, which helps it plane at a lower speed, so I don't feel like it needs trim tabs.

brick

Picked up my new-to-me 2004 220 SSi and immediately took it to the lake for the weekend. What a fantastic boat. Sure am glad I picked it over a bunch of other brands and models.

post-12188-13087E+9_thumb.jpg

Very nice. There's nothing in its class that is better, IMO (and my O is dead on!). Space, storage, power, handling, looks, ride . . . it's all there in spades.

Congrats and enjoy!

Picked up my new-to-me 2004 220 SSi and immediately took it to the lake for the weekend. What a fantastic boat. Sure am glad I picked it over a bunch of other brands and models.

Good move!!

Bring her to Powell for WACRU and you will have the second best/prettiest boat at the raft-up. Mine is also black and white but has a black bimini.

Thanks for the welcome. Everyone in the family agrees this boat has everything we wanted. Had been boat searching since last fall and hadn't even considered stepping up to the 220 until I got smoked on my first purchase - monterey 214 FS. I was pretty bummed when that happened, but geez am I glad it did. This boat is just way better. The color, by the way, is Atlantic Blue - funky lighting on the pic makes it look like a black color band. Going to the lake again this weekend. Can't wait.

Well I am very late to the party but I will add myself to the count. Bought my 2006 220 in August of last year with 85 hours on it and am at the end of our annual 5 weeks at Lake Charlevoix in Northern Michigan, getting ready to head back to reality in Southern California. Loved the boat on our medium/large sized lake (13 miles long, 2.5 miles wide). Big enough to handle the chop, small enough to kick around. RW, I would love to get that Seadek application...I have the same swim platform, if I called Seadek how would I reference the pre-set dimensions?

Well I am very late to the party but I will add myself to the count. Bought my 2006 220 in August of last year with 85 hours on it and am at the end of our annual 5 weeks at Lake Charlevoix in Northern Michigan, getting ready to head back to reality in Southern California. Loved the boat on our medium/large sized lake (13 miles long, 2.5 miles wide). Big enough to handle the chop, small enough to kick around. RW, I would love to get that Seadek application...I have the same swim platform, if I called Seadek how would I reference the pre-set dimensions?

I used Futzin's order as my template and it worked out perfectly. If you call them, I know they can pull up my order. The only regret I have is that I did not think of adding the boat name or the Admirals name or something else to the pads. With five kids you have many choices. The product has met all my expectations to include performance and comfort. Wife really likes it, as do the grandkids.

I would give you my order number to reference., but all the paperwork is at the lake. LN = Whitley

Good luck.

Ah man, we would have LOVED it! Someday, perchance. Maybe next year you could arrange transport for us via C-130 or similar.

Thought I'd revive this thread to see how many new 'members' we may have these days.  The 220 SSi has been out of production 10 years now, unfortunately. 

Took delivery of mine new in 2006, over 800 engine hours ago.  Upgrades include SeaDek on primary swim platform & ESP, new stereo components, wakeboard tower.  Still LOVE my 220.

Many owners in this thread are no longer active on the forum, but let's hear from those of you with 220s that haven't 'joined' yet!

By my count, 27ish owners on this thread (seven years ago).  Pretty strong.

Still have my 2005. Count me in.

brick

Such an exclusive club.   :oregonian_winesmiley:

It would be interesting to see what any former 220 owners went with after parting ways with their boat.  The only one I know of is RoyW, who went with a Cobalt.  Haven't heard from him in years though.

No plans whatsoever on parting with mine . . . 

1 hour ago, Futzin' said:

It would be interesting to see what any former 220 owners went with after parting ways with their boat.  The only one I know of is RoyW, who went with a Cobalt.  Haven't heard from him in years though.

No plans whatsoever on parting with mine . . . 

Does an Airstream count? April 12th !

brick

5 minutes ago, brick said:

brick

Only if it replaces your boat!  I'm sure you guys are excited.

1 hour ago, brick said:

brick

Wait!! I knew about the Airstream but are you selling the boat??   :o