cj-orca

Hockey Talk

150 posts in this topic

I figured since some hockey talk has hit some threads... we should start one for hockey...

good luck to all...

having said that, we watched the Habs/Bruins... kinda "snorer" of a game... watching the LA/SJ game now...not bad...better pace to this game...

:beer-7687-1:

Wow, there is another Hockey fan out there. D#*@^#n Flyers disappointed me again last night. But maybe they will be good at coming back like last year. Glad the Habs beat the Bruins though.

Love this time of the year. Hope that Datsyuk and Franzen continue their inspired play and carry the Wings a bit. Still a glimmer of hope for Zetterburg returning at some point. He started light skating yesterday.

Just to reiterate, I hope the Sedin's and Co. take care of the Blackhawks. I had to take the brunt of smack talk from the Admiral's family back in Chicago who were suddenly hockey fans.

My only response after they won the cup last year was for them to pipe down until they won 7 more. Then we'll talk.

I've been watching a little more this time around. but from what I've seen I think the Cunucks are the team this year.

Your turn cj & ref

matt :(

Another Reason to cheer for the Hawks, ICE GIRLS

Go Hawks! They lost the first game the last 2 years to the Yucks, might be a tough series but they still own the cup

I've been watching a little more this time around. but from what I've seen I think the Cunucks are the team this year.

Your turn cj & ref

matt :(

Unfortunately for the Wings and the other teams, I have to agree.

We can hope.... I'd like "Lord Stanley" to be raised by a Canuck at least ONCE in my lifetime !!! Just once, is all I ask.... '82 & '94 were HEARTBREAKING. To make it THAT far and then lose in game 7.....

there's not ENOUGH Guinness to drowned myself in if we get that far again and then lose it in a game 7 for the 3rd time....

having said that .... Chip and a Chair.... I just wanna kick the BH A$$es....they're the thorn in our side...

I'm 45 years old now. Just old enough to remember each of the 40 years of frustration that being a Canucks fan/victim has meant. I was dumbfounded with their run to the cup final in 1982 as they had no rights being there. I was living in Vancouver and mesmerized by the emotional rush that permeated the city in their battle to get to the final game in 1994 and consoled myself in excuses (and beer) every season since.

This is our time. We will never be more ready and this opportunity may not come again in my lifetime (literally!).

No excuses. There is no second place in the playoffs. The best team gets to hoist the one cup at the end of the 16 win crucible and that's it. It's one of sport's most sacred rituals and one of the most difficult to win (College basketball where 64 teams must win each game or they are done is the exception).

Vancouver will be in the final and win. I'm not making predictions I'm saying what must be said if you've lived your life following this team.

P.S. love your Blackhawks image CJ. Gives new meaning to the phrase "clip art"!!

Sean

I'm 45 years old now. Just old enough to remember each of the 40 years of frustration that being a Canucks fan/victim has meant. I was dumbfounded with their run to the cup final in 1982 as they had no rights being there. I was living in Vancouver and mesmerized by the emotional rush that permeated the city in their battle to get to the final game in 1994 and consoled myself in excuses (and beer) every season since.

This is our time. We will never be more ready and this opportunity may not come again in my lifetime (literally!).

No excuses. There is no second place in the playoffs. The best team gets to hoist the one cup at the end of the 16 win crucible and that's it. It's one of sport's most sacred rituals and one of the most difficult to win (College basketball where 64 teams must win each game or they are done is the exception).

Vancouver will be in the final and win. I'm not making predictions I'm saying what must be said if you've lived your life following this team.

P.S. love your Blackhawks image CJ. Gives new meaning to the phrase "clip art"!!

Sean

Sean

Here, Here Sean !!!!!

(I was 9 when I watched the '82 Run for the Cup....)

Lets DO this !!!

PS... Thanks ;)

Just wishful thinking but I'd like to see a Montreal-Vancouver final.

That would be awesome. MVP is going to a goaltenders this year 1st= Price, 2nd= Luongo, 3rd=Niemi

drinkinBuddies.gif

Arrgg.. the preds took one on the chin last nite. I wish they would quit trying to make this so interesting. ;)

Arrgg.. the preds took one on the chin last nite. I wish they would quit trying to make this so interesting. ;)

Canucks are up on Chicago right now... but Chic's still got time to tie it up... been a good game....the officiating has been questionable, on both sides...

Canucks up 3 - 0 in the series against the reigning Stanley Cup champs!!

Gotta love it!

Hey Richard33,

As patriotic as I know I should feel having an all Canadian final, I spent far too many years jealously HATING the Habs :angry2: .

Tough to change a lifetime of conditioning.

Sean

Canucks up 3 - 0 in the series against the reigning Stanley Cup champs!!

Gotta love it!

Hey Richard33,

As patriotic as I know I should feel having an all Canadian final, I spent far too many years jealously HATING the Habs :angry2: .

Tough to change a lifetime of conditioning.

Sean

Hey Canuck1. You know what brings down the best offence in the playoffs, the best defence and that is what the Habs did last year and will repeat. Price is way better than Luongo when you compare both teams. He was lucky to win the gold medal, he wasn't the winning factor. I must admit he is on his game this year but Price is still ahead, stats speak for themselves. It would be great to have an all Canadian final but I doubt it. In the end I still think the Habs are just a few elements short to make it all the way but it will be fun... Beer and wings coming up.

Nah nah nah bye bye Bruins...

All in fun Richard. It was EASY to hate Les Habitants if you weren't already one of their many fans. 24 Stanley Cups makes them easy targets for dislike when my team was slogging away at trying to make the playoffs (or not).

Hmmm... looks like Price is getting a little over confident with his puck handling? :scratchchin:

Sean

O-M-G !!!

was last nights game a total embarassment !!!! WOW.... Chicago SPANKED us !!! good on them for fighting back... although I would like to kick Toews Butt.... he's such a whiny princess (good player though)...

once again, the officiating was a JOKE - I'm not making excuses.... we sucked, but the officiating WAS CRAP !!!

Then we watched the San Jose / LA game.... WOW - to be up for goals and blow that lead....(they musta watched an old Canucks reel...)

Well - Do or Die on Thurs.... Hopefully the humiliation the Canucks felt last night will spur them on to finish the series tomorrow night !

O-M-G !!!

was last nights game a total embarassment !!!! WOW.... Chicago SPANKED us !!! good on them for fighting back... although I would like to kick Toews Butt.... he's such a whiny princess (good player though)...

once again, the officiating was a JOKE - I'm not making excuses.... we sucked, but the officiating WAS CRAP !!!

Then we watched the San Jose / LA game.... WOW - to be up for goals and blow that lead....(they musta watched an old Canucks reel...)

Well - Do or Die on Thurs.... Hopefully the humiliation the Canucks felt last night will spur them on to finish the series tomorrow night !

Yuks are a better team this year, nice to see the Hawks show up, probably a bit tougher task tonight when they score it comes in bunches. if we could just tighten up the defense in the minutes of each period. Hawks need an enforcer like they had last year with Buf