Richard W

New to us used 2007 Chap 270 Sig

Woohoo, we just purchased a 2007 Chaparral 270 Signature w/ VP 8.1L Gi and DPS-A ... :D ... here she is at the dealer:

gallery_11046_393_10523.jpg

Let the fun begin ...

... survey

... closing

... paperwork

... long haul

... import to Canada

... more paperwork

... make-ready

... and finally, the first splash! :thl_speedboat:

Woohoo, we just purchased a 2007 Chaparral 270 Signature w/ VP 8.1L and DP ... :D ... here she is at the dealer:

Let the fun begin ...

... survey

... closing

... paperwork

... long haul

... import to Canada

... more paperwork

... make-ready

You know what i'm realizing since joining the forum...is that Chap owners really take care of their stuff.

Another great looking previously enjoyed boat :drinkinBuddies: Enjoy

That is a very sharp looking boat. Congrats on the purchase, hope all goes well and your in the water soon. Change your tag line, got the dock and now have the boat too.

:beer-7687-1:

You know what i'm realizing since joining the forum...is that Chap owners really take care of their stuff.

That's what I noticed too ... I saw plenty of really clean and pampered Chaps while searching for our boat. This boat has only 70 hours on her engine but when looking at her drive, you would think it just came from a demo splash.

med_gallery_11046_393_178002.jpg

Change your tag line, got the dock and now have the boat too.

Done ... :D

Rich W Congrats on the boat. We will keep a close eye out for you this season. Lets raft up and drift. If we anchor and raft we have to deal with customs from one country or another. Our favorite hang outs are in front of Singer castle, Alex Bay, Potters Beach, Kingston and the Rideau The boat looks beautiful and I am glad you went with the VP

Rich P :captain:

@Rich P

For sure ... let's meet up ... I can use any and all advice and experience of the seasoned boater.

For starters, where do you put a "Student Driver" sign on the boat? ... ;)

Woohoo, we just purchased a 2007 Chaparral 270 Signature w/ VP 8.1L Gi and DPS-A ... :D ... here she is at the dealer:

Rich,

I may be biased, but.... WOW thats one sharp looking boat :haha-7383::haha-7383:

(You pritty much got our boat WITHOUT us having to give up our boat !!!)

Congradulations.... any thoughts on a name for her ???

I may be biased, but.... WOW thats one sharp looking boat :haha-7383: :haha-7383:

(You pritty much got our boat WITHOUT us having to give up our boat !!!)

Congradulations.... any thoughts on a name for her ???

Hahaha ... I do not have to resort to piracy anymore and now I can call off the boarding party ... :pirate:

Regarding the boat name ... still to be decided. Back in 2008/2009 after we decided to get a boat but couldn't do it due to financial crisis, I did swear that if I get a boat I will name it "SubPrime". Now, I don't know ... somehow it does not feel right ... :)

Let the fun begin ...

... survey

... closing

... paperwork

... long haul

... import to Canada

... more paperwork

... make-ready

Looking at the hull, what did they put on it to keep it so clean. I'm assuming it was left in the water

Thanks all ... :D ... it is just starting to sink in ... we are very excited!

@Richard33: I suspect it's just plain old elbow grease, water/acid solution, and a good gas powered power washer. I will ask when I talk to a service manager at the marina who maintained the boat.

Rich W Please don't ever use the word "Sink" in a post again. That is cursing on a boating forum (just kidding) Hey after looking closely at your pictures I don't think we will meet up. Your boat is so sweet you will make ours look like a JUNK boat. :notworthy::D

Hahaha ... I do not have to resort to piracy anymore and now I can call off the boarding party ... :pirate:

:haha-7383::haha-7383::haha-7383:

we sat down with friends a lots of wine and came up with the name for our boat.. was a good time...

you'll know her name when its right...

what interior color is she ?? we have the "metro"... which is the dark counters & fabrics.

@RichP: I wouldn't call Sig 300 a junk boat.

No worries ... our boats can be friends, but I am not sure about our floating dock ... we call it "an ugly boat" ... :D

@CJ: Right, once we see the boat in the water we will know her name.

They did not have many options in 2007. The cabin interior is "standard" with maple, beige variations of seats and fabrics, and nice dark counters ... somehow similar to "metro" but not as refined. The cockpit is "platinum" with grayish accents and blueish counters.

@RichP: I wouldn't call Sig 300 a junk boat.

No worries ... our boats can be friends, but I am not sure about our floating dock ... we call it "an ugly boat" ... :D

@CJ: Right, once we see the boat in the water we will know her name.

They did not have many options in 2007. The cabin interior is "standard" with maple, beige variations of seats and fabrics, and nice dark counters ... somehow similar to "metro" but not as refined. The cockpit is "platinum" with grayish accents and blueish counters.

NICE !!! I love the Platinum...can't wait to see more photos !!!

Thanks all ... :D ... it is just starting to sink in ... we are very excited!

@Richard33: I suspect it's just plain old elbow grease, water/acid solution, and a good gas powered power washer. I will ask when I talk to a service manager at the marina who maintained the boat.

M I guessing right that you boat in the Clayton area. If this is the case, we will come across each other at some time during the summer:oregonian_winesmiley:

Closer than that ... our summer base is on Howe Island right in front of Mandalay Mansion facing their boat garage.

We are practically the neighbors ... :thl_speedboat::thsmilie_water_119-1:

Closer than that ... our summer base is on Howe Island right in front of Mandalay Mansion facing their boat garage.

We are practically the neighbors ... :thl_speedboat::thsmilie_water_119-1:

Will check that out:drink-buddy:

Update on the boat ... :)

The marine survey dry and wet, and valuation are done ... all systems checked out okay and all is well, just a few cosmetic details to be dealt with by the marina.

Here she is during her survey ...

med_gallery_11046_393_128788.jpg

Just a question...

Did you purchase the trailer, too? I notice the axles are not "evenly spaced" (center axle move rearward). Is that intended?

Curious...

Update on the boat ... :)

The marine survey dry and wet, and valuation are done ... all systems checked out okay and all is well, just a few cosmetic details to be dealt with by the marina.

Here she is during her survey ...

med_gallery_11046_393_128788.jpg

Looks fantastic I can only imagine how excited you guys are.