Richard W

New to us used 2007 Chap 270 Sig

Did you purchase the trailer, too? I notice the axles are not "evenly spaced" (center axle move rearward). Is that intended?

Yes, the trailer comes with the boat.

Good question ... I assumed that this is done on purpose to even out the load and level the trailer under load, but I really I don't know.

Yes, the trailer comes with the boat.

Good question ... I assumed that this is done on purpose to even out the load and level the trailer under load, but I really I don't know.

I'm assuming its a torsion-axle and not leaf springs (as I don't think you could accomplish that with conjoined leaf springs). I would probably just verify the placement didn't occur as a result of braking or other unintentional act (loose axle hangers).

I haven't seen it done that way either but that certainly doesn't imply its wrong...

I haven't seen it done that way either but that certainly doesn't imply its wrong...

I will check with the marina/dealer right away ... thanks for pointing this out.

Update on the boat ... :)

The marine survey dry and wet, and valuation are done ... all systems checked out okay and all is well, just a few cosmetic details to be dealt with by the marina.

Here she is during her survey ...

med_gallery_11046_393_128788.jpg

VERY NICE !!! Ahem.... nice looking ride !!!

:beer-7687-1:

I will check with the marina/dealer right away ... thanks for pointing this out.

Most importantly, great looking boat!!! Congratulations!!

Yeah ... excited and fearful at the same time ... :captain:

Understand your fearfulness. Ours is being gone over right now. Keep waiting for the phone to ring with the, "Hey we found.........$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ issue. The list of things I asked them to do is already many deer but I want to have a good base line of what was done so I can maintain from there.

The list of things I asked them to do is already many deer but I want to have a good base line of what was done so I can maintain from there.

Hey, I was checking passing boats hoping I might see you on the water while I was on Howe Island in the past couple of weeks. Now after reading your posts I gather your Sig is still at the marina waiting her turn. Maybe next time ... have your air horn ready when passing by ... :D

I finally got a reply from the dealer. They had a rep from EZ-Loader look at the axles and the conclusion is that it was done to distribute the load evenly ... hmmm ... I wish I knew for sure.

Hey, I was checking passing boats hoping I might see you on the water while I was on Howe Island in the past couple of weeks. Now after reading your posts I gather your Sig is still at the marina waiting her turn. Maybe next time ... have your air horn ready when passing by ... :D

Hey RichW,

I was on the water at that time we spent Friday night on her in clayton and headed out Saturday morning. All systems good except port engine running hotter than normal dealer thinks they may have cracked a water pick up tube in the lower unit or the rubber hose that passes through the transom to the engine has a crack in it. When the drives are down she runs cool. The second I trim up the port temp climbs. Crack in hose is allowing air in hence lack of water and increased temp. Anyway we will be idleing around this weekend and returning it for service on Sunday. The dealer appologized and said it will be taken care of by them. We will watch for you, plan to be in Abay on Saturday.

Do any of you guys now if this forum will notify you via email if someone responds to your post? If so how do I set it up to do so?

Do any of you guys now if this forum will notify you via email if someone responds to your post? If so how do I set it up to do so?

Two ways to do that ...

1. Automatic: you can set auto-notification for all topic you have replied to (or started) by selecting "My Settings" from drop down menu under your name (top/right corner on any forum page), and then going to "Forums" tab and setting your preferences on "View/Posting/Email Prefs" page, half way down the page.

2. Manual: click the "subscribe" button above any topic you want to "watch", and select your preferred notification method. This works for any topic regardless of who started it or your participation.

Hope that helps ... :)

I will send you a PM regarding our next visit(s) to Howe Island.

A bit of an update: all is going as planned ... fingers crossed.

We are half way there:

... survey

... closing

... paperwork

... long haul

... import to Canada

... more paperwork

... make-ready

... and finally, the first splash!

Boat left the departure point today, and will be arriving to the destination on Monday.

Here is a short photo report: http://forum.chaparr...album&album=504

OMG... we were soooo there 2 Novembers ago..... the time while she's in transit is AGONY !!!

I was bouncing at my desk at work, everytime I got a call from the hauler as to where he was... Meeting him at the border was SOOOOO exciting....

it just sucked that when we 1st got her... she went straight into storage for the winter.... had to wait till spring to get out on her !!!

Hey CJ ... I am bouncing all week ... a few more days to go ... thanks for the info, it helped a lot.

I am glad that I flew to Idaho for delivery and kept my eye on things when the boat was being prepped for the haul. Things would be a bit different otherwise. I just flew back from Idaho to NJ ... the boat was somewhere in Dakotas when I talked to the driver this afternoon. I am planning to drive to Canada on Sunday to meet the boat at the border crossing over St. Lawrence River on Monday. Can't wait ... but not looking forward to paying the taxes ... uhhh!

The marina in Canada is already expecting the boat. They will inspect the boat and make it ready on Tuesday/Wednesday. Then the boat orientation on Thursday ... :captain: ... thanks Shep!

Anytime !!!!.. ya - the txs at the border pinched... owe :( ... but what can ya do...

don't forget to post some pics when you get her...

enjoy... wish we were in the same area to hook up & go boating with ya...

Hehe ... who knows ... I have planted the idea that we really need F-350 or something similar to "really" enjoy the boat, Great Lakes, and possibly NorthWest. It will take time but we might want to venture outside of the East Coast waters ... :drink-buddy:

Just talked to the hauler ... the boat passed Chicago, midday Monday is still ETA ... woohoo ...:dancinguy:

Hehe ... who knows ... I have planted the idea that we really need F-350 or something similar to "really" enjoy the boat, Great Lakes, and possibly NorthWest. It will take time but we might want to venture outside of the East Coast waters ... :drink-buddy:

Just talked to the hauler ... the boat passed Chicago, midday Monday is still ETA ... woohoo ...:dancinguy:

SWEET..... F-350.... that would be a fun trip to BC....

well if ever the time comes... we're ready for you !!!!

sooooo excited for you....

Richard....

here's the link to our postings when we 1st found our 2008 270

My link

it reads alot like yours

Have you got her yet ???

Congrats on getting her home. Now enjoy! :thl_speedboat: