Sign in to follow this  
glory

St. Ignace Marina

I'm not familar with that marina BUT it is an area that has a lot to do. The waters on the big lake can get pretty ruff depending on the weather. Will you be trailering into the area and exploring from St. Ignace? Looking for day trips? How long will you be in the area? When were you planning for (spring,summer,fall)?

Inland Waterway

Mackiniac Island

We have been to the Inland waterway and emjoyed it.

thks for the reply

we will be trailering to st ignaces and lookin for day trips from there

thanks for the links

glory

St Ignace is a beautiful area. There area lots of little town you can visit from the water. If you don't mind the big water you can take a trip over to Mackiniac Island. It is a beaultiful historic place. There are no motorized vehicles allowed on the island. Its like stepping back in time.

Or you could go down to Cheboygan Mi. from there you can go on the inland water way, which is about 30 miles long and has two small locks.

http://www.irtourism.com/backup%20site/inlandwaterway.htm

Depending on the time of year you go down you might be able to rent cabins along the river system and stay for a while. This is a great area to kick back and relax. Lots of friendly people and great little restaurants.

When are you planning on the trip to St Ignace area?

Happy boating

Bazz

thanks for the reply

thinking of middle of june for 1 week

launch at st ignace marina go to mackiniac island for a day

to charluvoux and surronding areas

was also looking for the sand dunes if we can for a day

mackinaw city as well

any other pionts of interst please let me know

thanks for the reply

thinking of middle of june for 1 week

launch at st ignace marina go to mackiniac island for a day

to charluvoux and surronding areas

was also looking for the sand dunes if we can for a day

mackinaw city as well

any other pionts of interst please let me know

Charlievoix is beautiful, you can access the big lake or tour Lake Charlievoix via boat as well. Keep heading down the west coast of Mich is wonderful. plenty of lighthouses and small towns to see. Empire Michigan (sleeping Bear Sand Dunes) is great as well. Take pics on your quests

We have been going up to Indian River for the past few years. Do yourself a favor and check in with the the DNR prior to arriving at Mackinaw Island marina. http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10365_10884_18317-44386--,00.html

I don't have a radio, so I played dumb (way too easy) and pulled into an open slip. I got my "aft" chewed out by the harbor master for not have reservations and I should have known they were expecting sail boats in.... blah blah blah, any way I talked them into allowing us (4 boats) to tie up and walk the streets, have dinner for a few hours.

Enjoy, wish I was going with.