professor48

Completions and a downer

Part of the problem is people looking for a "STEAL" of a deal are feeding the "BASS" tords who steal it and re-sell it for whatever they can get.

It's time to put this to rest. The antenna's been replaced and I'm looking forward to a great boating/fishing season. To those of you who listened and shared my pain, thank you. To all of you, stay safe and have a great season. Hy

Bill: I've added this update to my old posting so the photos of the horn mounting would be available. The label with the brand name is missing, but you can get dual trumpet horns on line or an any marine supply house. The only tricky part was catching the lock washers and nuts blind, especially the forward one. I had to reach up into the opening in the starboard sidewall to reach. Here's a trick for you: Once I got the nuts on the bolts I used a small vice grip pliers to hold each. That way the nut would stop turning when I tightened the bolt with my battery-powered drill/driver. A secong trick: Tie a length of light line to the vice grip pliers and the other end to the steering wheel or something else handy. That way, when the pliers drops (and it will) or you let it slip out of your hand when you try to catch the nut (and you will), you won't lose it in the bowels of the boat in an inaccessible spot. Hope this helps. Hy

Bill: I've added this update to my old posting so the photos of the horn mounting would be available. The label with the brand name is missing, but you can get dual trumpet horns on line or an any marine supply house. The only tricky part was catching the lock washers and nuts blind, especially the forward one. I had to reach up into the opening in the starboard sidewall to reach. Here's a trick for you: Once I got the nuts on the bolts I used a small vice grip pliers to hold each. That way the nut would stop turning when I tightened the bolt with my battery-powered drill/driver. A secong trick: Tie a length of light line to the vice grip pliers and the other end to the steering wheel or something else handy. That way, when the pliers drops (and it will) or you let it slip out of your hand when you try to catch the nut (and you will), you won't lose it in the bowels of the boat in an inaccessible spot. Hope this helps. Hy

Hy,

Yep, helps a lot!

Thanks!

Bill