STANDARD HORIZON Nylon In-Hull Mount Transducer

I have a STANDARD HORIZON CP 180i chart plotter and am going to add the optional fish finder. Not sure if I should go with the in-hall transducer or transom mounted. I don't want the through hall. Anyone have any experience with these? Going on my 1998 Signature 300.

According to Standard Horizon website it states that the bottom should not be thicker than 1 /2". I am going to call the company and inquire about thickness.

I would think the bottom is thicker than 1/2 " and thats not counting any coring material that is added, the transom mount probably might not work properly due to cavitation if you have trim tabs. There has been great results with the thru hull's and are probably the recommended type for your application.

I have a Garmin fishfinder/chartplotter, which came with our boat. The transom-mounted transducer is about 12" to the right of the drain plug. I do not have trim tabs. I have never had a problem with cavitation interference with the unit. I think that might be the best way for you to go. I think the hull is too thick, and is cored, so shooting through the hull might not work well. It will also not give you water temp of boat speed.Personally, I hate drilling holes in the bottom of my boat. Good luck, no matter what you decide. Hy