Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
referee77

Pitt Lake - 2011-05-20

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Monday, May 23rd is a holiday here in BC, so we have a long weekend. CJ-Orca and I took Friday off work and our plan was to spend 4 days on Pitt Lake. Well, our original plan was to head over to the Southern Gulf Islands, but our weather wasn't being very nice to us for the long weekend.

Anyways, Friday was amazing. We launched around 9am and headed out to drop anchor in "Our Cove". We did a few projects on the boat (took off the old anchor light and replaced it with an LED anchor light, installed some drink holders on the inflatable tender, and installed some velco to the ceiling of the aft sleeping berth so I can mount my iPad for easy movie viewing while laying in the aft berth).

Then we spent the rest of the day puttering around in the tenter enjoying the amazing day. Below are some of those pictures.

We spent Friday night on the dock of a friend's cabin, watch the Canucks game, BBQ'd food, and of course had a few beverages. Later that night we headed to another friend's cabin and enjoyed a very large pallet fire, a few more beverages, and someone with the nickname Ref "may" have went for a midnight skinny dip. :blush:

I won't get into the incident heading back to our boat...but let's just say...1am, waverunner, unplanned swim, and brrrrr!! lol.

The rest of the weekend was a bust. It pretty much rained all day Saturday, and the rest of the long weekend weather forecast didn't look too promising, so around 4:30pm cj and I decided to call it quits for the weekend and head for home.

As some of you probably are well aware of, when we returned to the dock cj dropped me off and I headed up to the parking lot to get the truck and trailer....only to find that our truck and trailer had been stolen. I did two laps around the parking lot just in case I was dreaming and having one really big brain fart...but in the end...it was for sure...Stolen!

(see my Stolen Truck and Trailer post here --> http://forum.chaparralboats.com/index.php?showtopic=15491)

So, after phoning the cops..and some friends to come pick us up...we took L'Atatude down the Pitt River to the Pitt Meadows Marina where the staff allowed us to tie up to the fuel dock for the night until today when they were able to secure us a temp. moorage spot in the marina until we can figure out what to do about getting a replacement truck and trailer so we can trailer out boat once again.

Anyways..enough of the bad news...here are the picks from the amazing day we did have on the lake on Friday, May 20th.

A beautiful, calm morning.

IMG_689950.jpg

cj chillin' on the bow...and keeping an eye out for floatsom on the water...

IMG_690150.jpg

I think this one's been floating for a while..it has growth!!

IMG_690250.jpg

A look north up the lake...

IMG_690650.jpg

Lots of new rivers and streams flowing heavy right now...

IMG_691150.jpg

Lots of little waterfalls...

IMG_692250.jpg

A look south down the lake...

IMG_692450.jpg

A look back towards L'Atatude....

IMG_693150.jpg

That was once a very large tree....

IMG_693250.jpg

Made a stop on the Island...

IMG_693850.jpg

Go for a swim CJ...I dare ya'...

IMG_693950.jpg

IMG_694250.jpg

Playing with the camera focus...there's the tree branch...

IMG_694350.jpg

And there's L'Atatude...

IMG_694450.jpg

Nice little Island tree...

IMG_694650.jpg

Leaving the Island...

IMG_694950.jpg

Breakfast croissant anyone??

IMG_695550.jpg

The beauty you guys boat in never ceases to amaze me!! Great Pics!! Sorry to hear about the tow rig troubles.. major bummer... :(

Great pics as always! So that's what clear water looks like, all we have is "stained" murky stuff. Gorgeous scenery, I'm a bit jealous.

Great pics as always! So that's what clear water looks like, all we have is "stained" murky stuff. Gorgeous scenery, I'm a bit jealous.

I was really amazed at just how clear the water was. Right now we have major snow melt pouring down all the mountains and streams and rivers straight into the lake...so you would think that would stir things up a bit...but other than some extra wood floating around the lake...the water is clear as ever :-)