Clemsontiger

New to the Lake

6 posts in this topic

Hello -

I just took ownership of my new 206 SSI this PM and wanted to drop a note and say hello. This is my second boat, first one was a center console Key West in FL, and it is a beautiful boat. I am very impressed with the Chaparral product.

We are new to LKN and would welcome any advice on nice coves for kids tubing, dropping anchor for a swim or just nice and easy pleasure cruising.

We are moving the boat this weekend down to Kings Point. Hope to see everyone out there.

Thanks for any guidance to this newcomer.

Jason

Congrats on your new ride and welcome to the best lake in the east! :beer-7687-1: There are many great places to visit around the lake and many coves to go into for swimming pleasure, etc. Only thing I would warn against is tubing in coves where there are docks nearby. But when you cruise around you will see where some are tubing. And no worries as from Kings Point there are plenty of places to go. Hope to see you soon on the lake as well.

Welcome to the forum. We are glad you are here and believe that you will find answers to a lot of your questions. We also provide some humor, of course at no charge to you other than the initiation fee you paid to join this forum ;)

A few pointers for you to do (if you have not already done so) to help us help you:

1. In the upper right where you see your screen name, click on that and you will find two items there. One os My Profile and the other is My Settings. From these two settings, add into your signature your location (geographic area)

2. From the same settings, add into your signature the type of boat you have and its mechanical systems, such as boat type, engine, drives, etc. This way you don't have to type it into to every post you put up. This will help us help you a lot! Without it, you may not get any answers.

3. Use the Search feature of the forum. There is a lot of good information on this forum that will answer many of your questions. We have a lot of experts here with a large amount of life experience.

4. Take a minute to review our Terms of Service, also found in the upper right. There is good information in there that you will want to know including that we cannot discuss pricing for anything. But read some of our other posts on here to learn the work around for that. Most of us use the term "deer" (as in "bucks") as a workaround. ;)

5. We like pictures a lot! So when you get a chance, post some pics of your ride. Read through this thread to learn more about how to do so.

6. Take some time to look through the Information Center (Chaparral Boats Owners Club > Chaparral Boats Forum > Info Center) located under Chaparral Boats Forum on the main page. From there you will find parts guides, brochures, manuals, specifications, canvas installation manuals, vinyl care information, square gauge setup, weather links, computer desktop backgrounds, etc. Lots of good stuff there for you and your Chaparral!

7. Come back early and often to post. We are a community of friendly and some of us are border-line psychotic. But we admit to it and that's the first step to recovery ;)

Again, welcome to the asylum/forum and we look forward to more from you. Don't be a stranger.

Thanks a lot for the welcome and info...

Congrats on your new ride and welcome to the best lake in the east! :beer-7687-1: There are many great places to visit around the lake and many coves to go into for swimming pleasure, etc. Only thing I would warn against is tubing in coves where there are docks nearby. But when you cruise around you will see where some are tubing. And no worries as from Kings Point there are plenty of places to go. Hope to see you soon on the lake as well.

Welcome to the forum. We are glad you are here and believe that you will find answers to a lot of your questions. We also provide some humor, of course at no charge to you other than the initiation fee you paid to join this forum ;)

A few pointers for you to do (if you have not already done so) to help us help you:

1. In the upper right where you see your screen name, click on that and you will find two items there. One os My Profile and the other is My Settings. From these two settings, add into your signature your location (geographic area)

2. From the same settings, add into your signature the type of boat you have and its mechanical systems, such as boat type, engine, drives, etc. This way you don't have to type it into to every post you put up. This will help us help you a lot! Without it, you may not get any answers.

3. Use the Search feature of the forum. There is a lot of good information on this forum that will answer many of your questions. We have a lot of experts here with a large amount of life experience.

4. Take a minute to review our Terms of Service, also found in the upper right. There is good information in there that you will want to know including that we cannot discuss pricing for anything. But read some of our other posts on here to learn the work around for that. Most of us use the term "deer" (as in "bucks") as a workaround. ;)

5. We like pictures a lot! So when you get a chance, post some pics of your ride. Read through this thread to learn more about how to do so.

6. Take some time to look through the Information Center (Chaparral Boats Owners Club > Chaparral Boats Forum > Info Center) located under Chaparral Boats Forum on the main page. From there you will find parts guides, brochures, manuals, specifications, canvas installation manuals, vinyl care information, square gauge setup, weather links, computer desktop backgrounds, etc. Lots of good stuff there for you and your Chaparral!

7. Come back early and often to post. We are a community of friendly and some of us are border-line psychotic. But we admit to it and that's the first step to recovery ;)

Again, welcome to the asylum/forum and we look forward to more from you. Don't be a stranger.