SimcoeChap

Microwave Outlet - Sig 240

On our 240, the microwave is plugged into the cabin outlet on the cabinet beside the fridge.

2491Galley.jpg

I had assumed it was controlled by the microwave breaker on the panel. By chance last weekend, my wife plugged in a heater and then used the microwave. She called out when the breaker tripped and to my amazement, I found the fridge breaker tripped. I unplugged the heater, reset the fridge breaker and all was fine. I then started searching for a plug somewhere that would be dedicated to the microwave breaker but there was none to be found. I would like to install one and was wondering if any of the 240 owners out there could tell me where your microwave outlet is located.

Something similar happened to me last week.....I found the refrigerator was not working (it was off) during the week when the batteries were off and the shore power was connected. The outlet that SimcoeChap has on his 240 is near the floor in my boat just forward from the galley. Being a normal GFI outlet with a test button, I found the breaker had tripped and that shut down the power to my 'frig, even though the breakers on the panel or in the engine room were normal. Resetting the GFI outlet brought the 'frig back online. BTW, I should mention that the 'frig power cord goes to an outlet behind it but apparently that outlet and the outlet near the cabin floor are wired together. Who knew????? The wonders of cruiser ownership. :glare:

Mine is directly behind the micro wave. Some might be behind the AC power panel to the left of the microwave.

with your year of 240 it is behind the micro like gator said

have to semi pull it out

on the left side top corner

with your year of 240 it is behind the micro like gator said

have to semi pull it out

on the left side top corner

Well, I thought that would be a logical spot but when I pulled the microwave out there was nothing there. Strange they would install a breaker but no outlet.

that is strange

your galley is the same as ours

when facin the microwave our plug is on the inside left

we did pull ours out for more storage space as we dont use a micro a t all

"we did pull ours out for more storage space as we dont use a micro at all"

That's a darn good idea Glory! Mines coming out this weekend! I never use mine either. I can use the space and it will lighten the load.

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like I'm off to get some marine grade romex and an outlet. The wife loves the microwave when we are in the slip.