Sign in to follow this  
Chaparral1

Vacuum Pump for Head

Could use some advice on replacing the vacuum pump for the head. At least I think it needs replacing. The pump makes noise when I turn on the switch however there is no suction. Could it be something else? How do I isolate the problem? Would like to replace/repair it myself and save the deer. I have an '07 256ssi vacu-flush w/ macerator. Any advice will be appreciated.

usually one of the seals between the pump and bowl ball valve. Is the bowl filled with water and the pump still not pulling a vacuum? If the water is being pulled in then it's the ball valve seal. If not it's one of the seals heading to the pump.

Could use some advice on replacing the vacuum pump for the head. At least I think it needs replacing. The pump makes noise when I turn on the switch however there is no suction. Could it be something else? How do I isolate the problem? Would like to replace/repair it myself and save the deer. I have an '07 256ssi vacu-flush w/ macerator. Any advice will be appreciated.

If you are pumping into your holding tank, as I was, mine did the same thing…. pump ran, bowl was full, but no flush suction. Spend hours taking pump apart only to find a female kotex(?) blocking the return line into the piston/pump assembly. It took needle-nose pliers to pry it out of the line, and another hour+ to put the pump back together, but it works great now… and that was two years ago, Father's Day. If you have women crew aboard, make sure they know the what-to-not-flush rules. I learned the hard way, good luck.

'05 Sig 290

vacu-flush