sunesta233crestwoodKY

aftermarket ext swim platform on 01 sunesta 233

My local Chap dealer told me that Chap does not recommend putting an extended swim platform on as aftermarket. He said the transom of boats sold w/out the ext swim platform does not support the weight? Anyone heard of this and anyone had any success putting one on a 2001 sunesta 233? I know there are a couple aftermarket swim platform websites showing pics on sunesta 233's. So is there truth in the dealer saying the transom will not support one?? much thanks

I wouldn't think a properly installed bolt-on swim platform would be any big deal. Support struts and backing plates should be enough, surely.

I'm sure Shepard will answer your question in short order.

Good luck

went through the same process when we put ours on the 240

sandy cove north did the work

best money spent

yes had to sign a wavier and yes heard the same as you did

3 yrs now with it not a problem and have never heard of a problem

my two cents go for it

safety and pleasure is well worth it

We've put on about 5 or 6 factory ESPs on older Chaparrals, without an problems. Owners don't treat them any differently than owners of factory ESP installed boats do either.

As Glory mentioned, you'll have to sign a waiver to get one from Chaparral, but the factory ESP kit for your boat is very nice, and and the ESP itself is quite large.

We've put on about 5 or 6 factory ESPs on older Chaparrals, without an problems. Owners don't treat them any differently than owners of factory ESP installed boats do either.

As Glory mentioned, you'll have to sign a waiver to get one from Chaparral, but the factory ESP kit for your boat is very nice, and and the ESP itself is quite large.

Thanks Shep. Where would I go to see some pics of the factory ESP's and get options, costs, etc.

We have a 2000 Sunesta and purchased a swim platform from the local Chap dealer, had it installed in 2009, also had to sign a waiver due to hull not being reinforced for it... third season and so far so good. post-3790-1310410000_thumb.jpg I have more pictures of it if you would like.

I put the 233 platform on a 1999 252 Sunesta, a boat that never even had the platform as an option! This was appx. 8 years ago and the platform and all the mounting has held up perfectly...and this is with some big boys climbing up the ladder (300+ lbs). My dealer had to pull somes strings to get it for me, but its the best addition I've done to the boat.

how many deer are we talking ?? Love to have one on our 1999 Sunesta 233LE.... and a wake board tower.......

how many deer are we talking ?? Love to have one on our 1999 Sunesta 233LE.... and a wake board tower.......

Ours was 1,500 deer and 300 deer to install :) I agree with everyone here that it has been the BEST money we have spent on the boat!!!

Check out Mountain Marine. I paid around 1500 deer and installed it myself on my 2000 233. Good product and great people.

Ours was 2,500 deer but 300 deer to install :) I agree with everyone here that it has been the BEST money we have spent on the boat!!!

Check out Mountain Marine. I paid around 1500 deer and installed it myself on my 2000 233. Good product and great people.

Thanks to you both....

Now it makes me wonder...$2500-ish for the platform. Another $2000-ish for the tower...... MAYBE.....it would be smarter to look at a newer boat with those already on it.....HHMMM....how to convince the better half to atleast look at the option.

Or... You could do what I did. Add the tower and swim platform then buy a new boat! slap.gif

Question on this I've been wondering about for future boat planning.... with the platform sitting just a bit (unless it's an illusion) about the water at idle on boats I've seen with the ESP, what happens when you start going and the bow hasn't planed yet? Does the ESP drag on the water like a big fin? Does this stress them?