Fingerlakesjunky

Tach started fogging over

I have a 2008 224 xtreme. I had the same problem but with the multifunction guage (the expensive one). My dealer said is replacing it free of charge as Chaparral knows this is a problem with fogging. My best advice is to contact your local chaparral dealer and ask him if you can get a new one thru Chaparral. Good Luck

I have a 2008 224 xtreme. I had the same problem but with the multifunction guage (the expensive one). My dealer said is replacing it free of charge as Chaparral knows this is a problem with fogging. My best advice is to contact your local chaparral dealer and ask him if you can get a new one thru Chaparral. Good Luck

+1 - they will replace it for you

Had it replaced, new one has not fogged, finger crossed!

Thought I read that the newest ones were nitrogen charged?....

One of these guys will know the details better than I do but both old and new gages have nitrogen inertion. In the old gage when you scrolled through the options the seal was punctured allowing the N2 out and air (humidity) in. Or something like that .....

One of these guys will know the details better than I do but both old and new gages have nitrogen inertion. In the old gage when you scrolled through the options the seal was punctured allowing the N2 out and air (humidity) in. Or something like that .....

I have heard that also, but right now my fuel gauge fogs up, so that would go against the scrolling of options since there isnt anyway to scroll on the fuel gauge.

All 4 gages on my boat where fogging. Dealer replaced them this spring and no issue so far.

Leon

Both my gauges now don't work. Good news is these have not fogged. Called dealer and new ones should be there when I get back. I will reserve comment on the quality of these gauges.